Hello

I recently bought a brand new Laptop (Asus R556L, Intel Core i5-4210U, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE 820m 2GB, Windows 8.1 64 bits, 1 TB, ) and as such I was awaiting to play on that my old favorite Rome total war mods (EB, IBFD, SAI, RS2 and so on). I got also Directx11. While I managed to play little but on EB and IBFD and I indeed also managed to fix the anti-aliasing, and the vanillas also were running. Unfortunately I did a mistake and while running pretty much smoothly with those specs and having fixed the anti-aliasing, for some reason I changed the running compatibility mod in the Properties button and tried to run Windows XP compatibility mod and when I started the mods, I crashed to the desktop getting my software frozen for some minutes, with a message appearing that DirectX 9 was missing, despite the fact that previously was running quite smoothly with DirectX 11. I acknowledge the limitation of RTW due to its age to effectively detect the capabilities of modern engines, but I would like to ask what should I do to be able to play smoothly those games (some of them I have modded for myself). Are there any other gamers who faced those challenges with newer engines and how they solved them.

Thanks!