Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Stay Away From the Water" (Fallout Louisiana IC RP Thread)

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: "Stay Away From the Water" (Fallout Louisiana IC RP Thread)

OOC: Sorry for the hold up guys.
    Time for me to suck it up and learn to keep a game going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    This is what you get for trying to be an upstanding citizen of Bourbon. Finally finding a henchmen with enough brains to accept help from strangers, only to have them die on you from stranger's bullets. What was this world coming to...or it already went to. What the stranger said made him want to face palm. Follow him? What into a trap? Cocky son of a that was for sure. When Mack got his hands on him he was going to make sure to clock him in the face before asking him questions, then probably shoot him for all the trouble. He walked away from the cafe towards the direction the man went, reloading his gun as he went. He thought about it and then holstered the weapon unsheathing his blade. He has already spent too much ammunition and no dead bodies to show for it, the one lying in the street not his kill.

He went to the alley the stranger fled into, knife out to the side, slowly creeping forward with his eyes and ears open. "I'm here stranger, now come out."
    The plasma wielding foreigner appeared at a safe distance from the knife-wield local, and slowly enough for both to be unalarmed.
    His pistol was in his right hand, but pointed downwards. He was a short, with lengthy blonde hair that touched his lower neck.
    A pointed nose emerged from green eyes.

Jean had no idea what to do with this Yat now.
    He frowned, thinking up something.
    "Do you know who those men were?" he asked cautiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    It was best to let Sharp take the lead, given that he was the noisest of the group. If he disturbed anything which had a taste for flesh, then he would give them ample warning to get clear.

"Any idea if we are going to get back before dark?"

Grease's voice was little louder than the soft rustle of their boots crushing the undergrowth in to a vague path. His eyes never stopped searching as he asked the question, gun levelled just in case.

"I don't think so. We will push up to the monastery and see if they can't spare us some floor space. If not, then we'll see if any of the villages will take us."

His guys accepted that with slight nods. It was good pay for simply scouting out a creature, and they would not pass it up.
    When they reached the monastery, which was an old, shored-up riverboat, one of its brothers greeted them.
    A shotgun was in his hands, and some other brothers looked on from the monastery.
    "Y'all from the city?"

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Mack twisted his knife in his hand and advanced slowly towards the young man hunched over as if a snake prepared to strike out. At the question Mack chuckled and shook his head. "Better than you probably do bud. Louise's street thugs, common in Bourbon. Then again, anyone can be the Louise's thug if he insists. Trust me, i've been feeding this town its fair share of poison to know who is who."

The kid was loaded with a pretty potent weapon, considering the green goo that dripped from its muzzle. A gun like that meant this kid either had his own connections or was some sort of lucky to come across it with ammo. He figured it was probably the former. Made Malcolm curious, tech of that caliber had to come from somewhere.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

The pistol raised a little, Jean becoming alarmed at Mack's approach.
    The man also knew that he had lied, and that his pursuers were the Louie's men.

"Do you know the Duke?" Stuart asked boldly, his WASP-y accentuation coming through as he changed the questioning.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    When they reached the monastery, which was an old, shored-up riverboat, one of its brothers greeted them.
    A shotgun was in his hands, and some other brothers looked on from the monastery.
    "Y'all from the city?"
    Thomas nodded slowly, raising his weapons to show that his intentions were peaceful.

"We have been contracted to scout out the lair of the monster which has been hunting in the area."

The monk made a wry face.
    "Children's nightmares, no doubt. Need a brotha' for somethin'?"

Mack remember his dad talking about a "duke" once but he really doubted it was some western actor this kid was talking about. "You sure do like throwing out titles don't ya boy? Why do you ask? Is someone trying to kill him like you said someone was trying to kill the Louise? Or is this another lie coming out of your mouth."

He came closer, "I am getting really tired of all your lies..."

Jean aimed the pistol at the local's head.
    "Take me to the Duke," he demanded sternly.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

The pistol raised a little, Jean becoming alarmed at Mack's approach.
    The man also knew that he had lied, and that his pursuers were the Louie's men.

"Do you know the Duke?" Stuart asked boldly, his WASP-y accentuation coming through as he changed the questioning.
    Franky finally caught up to the two, his rifle casually swung over his shoulder but still locked and loaded. "Mornin' gents," he said to get their attention. "I don't really care who just had their breakfast run out of their belly button in the street," he meant the guy he shot, "but you owe me a bullet. Bullets don't just lie all over the streets, ya know. They cost caps." He toyed with his pack of cigarettes. He felt like lighting another one, but had just used his last match.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Mack halted as the pistol was aimed at him. Plasma was slower than most projectiles but you do not bet on those odds unless you absolutely had too. And WHAT was with this duke business? What duke? Who is a duke? What?!

it was then that one of the other bar patrons, notably the one who shot another of the Louise's men, and a known bum. Mack sighed as the universe provided im with the distraction he needed. "I believe it was our young friend here that screamed for help, and we both replied. Now I think we are both owed a little compensation for our generosity for taking the time to dispatch these pursuers of yours. And i know no Duke boy. You owe us both, and i do not think your odds of getting away from us are as good as the two buffoons we killed."

OOC: You couldn't ing make it up?

"Who do you work for, then?" Jean demanded, ignoring the man's threats.
    "I have something that can bring down the Louie," he blurted out.

ing Wastelanders. ing New Orleans.
    Who knew how impure these locals were, exposed to radiation for generations?

Mack laughed really loudly in the boy's face. I mean, he almost doubled over. "Boy!!" gasps for air," Who do i WORK for ?? Myself you ing idiot! I hold no allegiances. But that being said that doesn't mean i want the Louise dead. The Louise is in power for a reason, he keeps some semblance of...control in this chaotic world we all live in. Why would you want him dead? What are you running from? Who the are you? "

"ing hicks," the outsider hissed, backing up quickly with his pistol before him.
    "The Louie has a weapon under the Quarter. You could all die if it's not stopped!"

"Look," Jean said finally, pointing to the technology in his hands.
    "You want some of this? I can get you lots of this."

There. That should do it.
    Stop blurting out things these hicks don't understand or don't care about.

Malcolm was just about to through his knife and the kids hand, then string him up and deliver him to the lousie for favors. Thankfully the boy started speaking his language. Tech was hard to come by, even by the standards of their world. The humid and acid environment of the Louisiana area degraded items at a faster rate, and it made delicate tech, like Laser or plasma weaponry very rare.

Mack put his knife away finally, and leaned up against the wet wood walls in the alley. He pulled out flask and started to take a swig. He grimaced as he pulled away from it, it was his own mixture and needless to say it was not "smooth".

"​Welcome to the conversation then boy. I would very much love to know how you came into possession of that fine piece of hardware, and were i could receive more of it. It will suffice as payment for saving your life and you will not have to worry about me and my knife again. But first, let me introduce myself."

Malcolm faced the man and bowed, "Malcolm Fontaine, Lousiana native, Bourbon's personal dispenser of people poisons, and chemical ace...."

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The monk made a wry face.
    "Children's nightmares, no doubt. Need a brotha' for somethin'?"
    "We need a place to crash for the night. Somethin' with a roof and walls, if you have the room."

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

OOC: Anyone mind if I enter as someone currently staying at the monastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    Malcolm was just about to through his knife and the kids hand, then string him up and deliver him to the lousie for favors. Thankfully the boy started speaking his language. Tech was hard to come by, even by the standards of their world. The humid and acid environment of the Louisiana area degraded items at a faster rate, and it made delicate tech, like Laser or plasma weaponry very rare.

Mack put his knife away finally, and leaned up against the wet wood walls in the alley. He pulled out flask and started to take a swig. He grimaced as he pulled away from it, it was his own mixture and needless to say it was not "smooth".

"​Welcome to the conversation then boy. I would very much love to know how you came into possession of that fine piece of hardware, and were i could receive more of it. It will suffice as payment for saving your life and you will not have to worry about me and my knife again. But first, let me introduce myself."

Malcolm faced the man and bowed, "Malcolm Fontaine, Lousiana native, Bourbon's personal dispenser of people poisons, and chemical ace...."
    Stuart blinked, but kept the plasma pistol before him, though he loosened his guard.
    "My name is Daniel," he lied, ".. from Tennessee."

"Down underneath the LaLaurie house," he began, "there's a whole lot of this and more."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    "We need a place to crash for the night. Somethin' with a roof and walls, if you have the room."
    "Oh, we have room on the deck, but the monastery will need compensation for offering sanctuary."

Mack cocked his head not sure how much this man said was to be believed. But he figured he would not point him there if something was not there in the first place. Or so he hoped. If the boy lied he would open up another hole for him to spit out of.

"Sounds good to me ...Daniel. I think we can work something out. After you of course! I'll make sure no one gets smart and opens you up on the way there."

'Daniel' backed up slowly, and narrowed his eyes before turning.

"That's where I just came from, see,"
    he explained, "Now the metal's hot."

Mack snorted, "Just get moving Tennessee kid, i'm anxious enough as it is now that you've botched my morning."

With that Mack pushes 'Daniel' forwards, towards the streets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast