Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    For some reason when I put the Unit size on small in the graphic settings, and in match settings, the unit size is still large. Please help!
    The historical scenarios are set, you can't change the unit sizes unless you edit the XML files directly. If you know what you are doing you can create new battle XML files with smaller unit sizes. Pain in the ass, but possible. Just comment out the line with the unit size and create a new one with the unit size you want.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Laetus

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

will there be more maps,troops/regiments and generals from the civil wars coming. would love some to see some siege maps based on real battles. Love the mod

Laetus

a campain would be cool to

You should do away with the current blood you are using. It is literally neon. You should use textures similar to the blood textures used in NTW 3, if not those specifically. Blood should definitely be darker and more condensed. This is one of the best impact blood effects I've seen- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4naMPUdrI6Y

great job! I like to play in this war

How do i access the Historical Battles? I can't seem to find them, i feel like I'm being stupid, could someone explain?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Those Hb are Indeed hidden. You have to start an LAN game. Here you can choose the historical battles. If you don't want to play against other humans, the missing players are replaced by AI

Stones River map is bugged. There are 18th century british units fighting for the confederate side XD

Bug list for potential fixes and updates:
    1. Some units in Stone River scenario are bugged. 18th Century British units present.
    2. Sharpshooter units have invisible muskets. They are holding nothing.

Other comments:
    1. Blood could be darkened and improved.
    2. Maps such as Chickamauga, Shiloh, and stones river could be toned down in terms of the amount of ai on the battle map. Every other scenario runs quite smoothly but these maps contain way too many trees. The more trees you have on the map, the more the units need to be decreased proportionately. Those 3 maps are so laggy it's a joke, and i have a high end system. With these maps, it is a question of whether the engine can manage, not even our systems. The rest of the maps with fields I am running on ultra with large units no problem.
    3. Add in some generic maps of fields and other environments that could be used in single player custom battles. The gigantic historical maps make sense for scenarios, but not small custom battles.

Is this the most recent NTW Civil War Mod?

Yes it is

Been having a glitch or bug. I've installed this before but then I unistalled it for awhile. Now I'm back and anytime I try to launch any battle, the ground is invisible and replaced by an ocean and my troops become invisible when I zoom in on them. Any fix? I installed correctly and my user.script is in unicode.

Does it only happen with NS? or also in NTW in general?

I've never had the problem on vanilla NTW before, nope

This mod is only for battles not?

This is what it looks like if it helps
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Sword of Achilles; April 23, 2015 at 12:35 PM.

Can you still do siege battles in this mod?

I only can pick the default factions of: Austria, UK, Prussia, Russia, etc. What did I do wrong? I also edited the user.script.txt

Maybe you have forgotten an entry for a modpack? you can show us a screenshot of the data fodler and the user script!

Here they are:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (19).png 
Views:	22 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	325696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (17).png 
Views:	30 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	325697
    As you can see I have all of the files that are needed but, it still shows the regular factions in custom battles and LAN. I can even play regular multiplayer with them.