Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

Looks great guys! Thank you for making a good looking mod for everyone. I know it is impossible and you guys would if you could and probably tried for many days anyway even though it is impossible and everyone told you to not waste your time on it, but MAN it would be nice to have this in single player!

Biarchus

Default Re: Release: North & South: American Civil War Version 1.0 October 24, 2014

OK, I guess I grabbed the bull by the horns and created a new steam group for people who are "DEDICATED" to enjoy this mod(along with N&S II when it's released in the winter of year 2165). All are welcome to join who want to play mp with N&S. This group will be active. Most activity will take place on weekends(due to work restrictions during the week for me). Hope you join and we'll see you on the battlefields of this wonderful mod. Thank you Slyk for all your hard work, now join this damn group and come get a nice beating on Antietam, and enjoy the results of all your labor(and others Prim, Hinkel, Denniz, etc).

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dedicatednorthandsouth

can anyone help me?, cannot get it to work WinRAR download it but i think it going as wordpad instead of getting unzip. not even sure how to explain it, i am new to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    Hello & Thank You and All connected with this
    I really appreciate your genius when it come to modding. Sure wish I had your creative ability.
    I have a question. I downloaded ACW for Napoleon and it says ver 1.3 lower left of screen. Do I assume V1.0 is newer than V1.3 ?
    Thanks for everything
    This is v1.0 for the official public release of the "1st Final version". The links to download in the first post are what you want Remove any prior versions as they were "Beta" editions.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

I have start over so many times Ive lost count. I am sure I am doing this correctly but wont work. I get the ACW screen but can only play NAp

If anyone wants to play a few games just add me on steam: [1er] Davout

I have start over so many times Ive lost count. I am sure I am doing this correctly but wont work. I get the ACW screen but can only play NAp
    What is the exact problem? You have the ACW screen but only see the vanilla maps & factions?
    U get any error messages?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

show us a screenshot of your data folder and user.script

remove any other mod, old files of N&S, copy&paste the user.script entries Slyk posted in the first post, save user.script as unicode

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    show us a screenshot of your data folder and user.script

remove any other mod, old files of N&S, copy&paste the user.script entries Slyk posted in the first post, save user.script as unicode
    Hi there, I've been experiencing an identical problem (ACW background but only NTW Vanilla units). My user.script is proper (only the entries from the first post), and a jpeg of my data folder is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Data.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gordo245 View Post
    Hi there, I've been experiencing an identical problem (ACW background but only NTW Vanilla units). My user.script is proper (only the entries from the first post), and a jpeg of my data folder is attached.
    1st - Dont have any other modfiles inside that directory! ACW only

2nd - Go to your user.script , open it, and press "save as…" and then save it as .txt but be sure to change the code. It must be unicode! I had the same thing, not knowing about unicode but the standard .txt is not the right one. Save the .txt again with unicode activated

Laetus

Ah, that worked beautifully. Thank you very much!

Hey,
    So I finally got it to work. It's AMAZING there's so many more highly detailed maps

However, I'm experiencing a few bugs. The Union sharpshooters are in blue uniforms not green, and their rifles are invisible. Also I thought there were going to be some new units? I still have all the original units. Are the new units just not yet updated in this version?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by redbeard89 View Post
    Hey,
    So I finally got it to work. It's AMAZING there's so many more highly detailed maps

However, I'm experiencing a few bugs. The Union sharpshooters are in blue uniforms not green, and their rifles are invisible. Also I thought there were going to be some new units? I still have all the original units. Are the new units just not yet updated in this version?
    Do not play the boring custom battles, cause those weren't reworked in the new version. As said before, the new version is mainly made for scenario gameplay and those are the real core of the mod. There you have lot of unique units for the scenarios, if you play Manassas for example in Multiplayer. (Like Highlanders, 33rd Virginia, 1st Minnesota and such)
    Last edited by Hinkel; November 03, 2014 at 04:02 AM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

what is missing or wrong

user.script
    mod "acw_data.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment1.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment2.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment3.pack";
    mod "acw_models.pack";
    mod "acw_graphics.pack";
    mod "acw_BSM.pack";
    mod "acw_sounds.pack";
    mod "acw_unit_icons.pack";
    mod "acw_variantmodels.pack";
    mod "acw_variantmodels2.pack";

what is missing or wrong

user.script
    mod "acw_data.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment1.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment2.pack";
    mod "acw_enviroment3.pack";
    mod "acw_models.pack";
    mod "acw_graphics.pack";
    mod "acw_BSM.pack";
    mod "acw_sounds.pack";
    mod "acw_unit_icons.pack";
    mod "acw_variantmodels.pack";
    mod "acw_variantmodels2.pack";
    It feels like a never ending nightmare, having to explain it over and over and over again.
    Declaring it to one player, 2 new players appear and ask the same question.

Please look at Post #50 a few above yours

Isnt there a possibility to have only 1 link to download ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Isnt there a possibility to have only 1 link to download ?
    There is, it's on post 1

[QUOTE=ztrain909;14175882]The only issue I saw was every artillery piece is missing 1 entire crew from 1 of the guns.

Pretty sure this is a vanilla Napoleon bug. As far as I remember it only happens with horse artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    There is, it's on post 1

Ok , i have created a folder on data with acw name, i dragged all finles into that folder i launch the game on steam and i keep having vanila. What am i doing wrong here ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post

Ok , i have created a folder on data with acw name, i dragged all finles into that folder i launch the game on steam and i keep having vanila. What am i doing wrong here ?
    Yoyo, we can talk more in teamspeak about the problem your having with this mod tomorrow when we exact our revenge at Montebello on those ruthless Czech's!