Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big change to the warhammer universe

Default Re: Big change to the warhammer universe

Double post, but maaaan, gotta bump it with this. SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING END TIMES 3!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    So Finubar is dead, Tyrion was made effective interim ruler of Ulthuan's forces as Daemons invade, despite Imrik doing way more to save the people while Tyrion only worried about rescuing his daughter. Well, when she was sacrificed to resurrect Nagash, Tyrion felt it and got really really sad and angry. So then the High Elves were stuck waiting for a hero to emerge. A hero to save them. They needed a new Phoenix King. And with Tyrion off sulking, there was only one candidate worth supporting... Malekith. So Malekith, with the support of Teclis, Alarielle The Everqueen, Imrik of Caledor, and even Durthu and the rest of the Wood Elves, is welcome back to Ulthuan with all of his Druchii. Tyrion hears this and gets super duper pissy and draws Widowmaker and becomes the Avatar of Khaine (like 40k). He has a group of High Elves that stay loyal to him and think the idea of bending the knee to Malekith is insane, so CIVIL WAR. Also Alith Anar is gonna shoot someone. Yeeeeep.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Double post, but maaaan, gotta bump it with this. SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING END TIMES 3!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    So Finubar is dead, Tyrion was made effective interim ruler of Ulthuan's forces as Daemons invade, despite Imrik doing way more to save the people while Tyrion only worried about rescuing his daughter. Well, when she was sacrificed to resurrect Nagash, Tyrion felt it and got really really sad and angry. So then the High Elves were stuck waiting for a hero to emerge. A hero to save them. They needed a new Phoenix King. And with Tyrion off sulking, there was only one candidate worth supporting... Malekith. So Malekith, with the support of Teclis, Alarielle The Everqueen, Imrik of Caledor, and even Durthu and the rest of the Wood Elves, is welcome back to Ulthuan with all of his Druchii. Tyrion hears this and gets super duper pissy and draws Widowmaker and becomes the Avatar of Khaine (like 40k). He has a group of High Elves that stay loyal to him and think the idea of bending the knee to Malekith is insane, so CIVIL WAR. Also Alith Anar is gonna shoot someone. Yeeeeep.

Jesus mothering Christ, this is insane ...

I mean, up until this point, the whole thing was believable and pretty much true to the established fluff, but... THIS? It doesn't fit the HElves at all, to change their centuries old mentality just because Teclis says so. Still, the HElves needed their one big badass to rival Archaon and Karl Franz and Nagash, so they got him... only it seems he is not really BFF with them. I am really looking forward to reading this, just to see how well (pr bad) written it is, since all the previous books looked crazy and bad when summarized, but actually made a lot of sense when read.

It should make a lot of sense. Pretty sure it'll be summed up that the whole burning in the flames was set up and he really IS the rightful king. And he's gonna be Asuryan's champion, so... hmm.

It should make a lot of sense. Pretty sure it'll be summed up that the whole burning in the flames was set up and he really IS the rightful king. And he's gonna be Asuryan's champion, so... hmm.
    I thought there already is an Asuryan champion of sorts in the fluff, the dude who leads the Phoenix guard... ? I might be mistaken tho. Still, lets not forget that he is destined to be killed by male magic user (despite it being obvious as hell, I think it is gonna be Teclis, not everything has to be a complete surprise) and that all Aenarion's heirs bear the curse of Khaine, so It would be pretty confusing that a dude with Slaaneshi mother and Khaine-cursed father to become a champion of the good guys. But I totally can see it as a possibility and it would fit the "ancient lie will be exposed" (or something like that) bit of info we got from the spoiler.

Also, it is said that there is gonna be a single combined Elven army in the end, composed of the survivors of the civil war. And since ONE of the armies is composed from the HE, DE and even WE, I think their chances are much better (if only because people would like to play with their expensive WE and DE armies in the future).

Also, WHAT THE is the Rhana Dandra mentioned at the end? I thought thats Eldar stuff

Senator

What's next the Imperium of Man lauching a crusade to liberate the planet?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Isdanil View Post
    I thought there already is an Asuryan champion of sorts in the fluff, the dude who leads the Phoenix guard... ? I might be mistaken tho.
    Yes, the Phoenix King, which Malekith IS the rightful one, since he passed through the flames of Asuryan and was burned, but didn't die. The lie is presumably his burning being set up.

Still, lets not forget that he is destined to be killed by male magic user (despite it being obvious as hell, I think it is gonna be Teclis, not everything has to be a complete surprise) and that all Aenarion's heirs bear the curse of Khaine, so It would be pretty confusing that a dude with Slaaneshi mother and Khaine-cursed father to become a champion of the good guys. But I totally can see it as a possibility and it would fit the "ancient lie will be exposed" (or something like that) bit of info we got from the spoiler.
    Teclis, Tyrion, Malekith and NAGASH have the curse of Khaine. Nagash got it from Tyrion's daughter being used in his summoning ritual. Take that how you will. Tyrion draws the sword and becomes the Avatar, though. Makes a lot of sense for Malekith to want to rule the High Elves, since that's what he's always wanted, that's why he kept invading.

Also, it is said that there is gonna be a single combined Elven army in the end, composed of the survivors of the civil war. And since ONE of the armies is composed from the HE, DE and even WE, I think their chances are much better (if only because people would like to play with their expensive WE and DE armies in the future).
    I think both of them might. Malekith is getting the allegiance of Teclis, Alarielle, Imrik, Durthu, and all their armies, as well as many of his own Druchii, but Tyrion is keeping many of his High Elves allies, probably Alith Anar, probably some Wood Elves, and I could definitely see a lot of the Dark Elves turning against Malekith, since they worship Khaine almost exclusively, and Tyrion being the living Avatar of Khaine would probably draw at least a good portion of them to his side.
    Also, WHAT THE is the Rhana Dandra mentioned at the end? I thought thats Eldar stuff
    Well, in The End Times so far, it's been mentioned that the Empire's battle tactics were "set down in Robert de Guilliam's great compendium of martial lore, the Codex Imperialis" so... yeah.

Well, in The End Times so far, it's been mentioned that the Empire's battle tactics were "set down in Robert de Guilliam's great compendium of martial lore, the Codex Imperialis" so... yeah.
    Yeah, but that one looked like an obvious throwback or an easter egg... but this Rhana Dandra... combined with the mention of dead elven heroes coming back(with the law of death being broken) looks like we are getting our Exarchs, people !

But, seriously, while i like both WH40k and WHFB fluff and usually like when it gets closer to each other, this really stinks too much, because they have been trying to Eldar=/=Space Elves for years now...

and Tyrion being the living Avatar of Khaine would probably draw at least a good portion of them to his side.
    True, i forgot about that, i think it is even mentioned somewhere in the leaked materials. Still, i think Alith Anar is more than likely to join Tyrion, because Teclis+Malekith have DE in their army and the same goes for the Cult of Khaine with their priests and Executioners... But can you imagine DE and Shadow warriors fighting side by side? As for the WE, maybe the Elven host lost led somewhere by Lileath (in th Nagash book) will reappear and join Tyrion, but i dunno. The fact that Malekith (who i now kind of believe is the rightful Phoenix king) is destined to be killed by magic user (which Tyrion is not, so maybe Caledor.... which side did Imrik even join?) can screw Tyrion over pretty bad.

Alith Anar might stay neutral Tyrian's forces are called the Astyrion, and Alith's are called the Asanar in the WD issue, so hey. He's supposed to shoot someone important. It just seemed obvious that he'd go after Malekith and his remaining Druchii since that's pretty much the entire reason for his existence right now, but who knows, loyalties and motivations are all over the place. Supposedly a LOT of heroes will die, according to GW themselves, and considering there's, what, 5 Elector Counts still alive, counting Franz, 6 with Vlad?

I'm still very interested in seeing how this is written, because so far everything has been written very well, and that really helps with big game changing things like all these betrayals.

Alith Anar might stay neutral Tyrian's forces are called the Astyrion, and Alith's are called the Asanar in the WD issue, so hey. He's supposed to shoot someone important. It just seemed obvious that he'd go after Malekith and his remaining Druchii since that's pretty much the entire reason for his existence right now, but who knows, loyalties and motivations are all over the place. Supposedly a LOT of heroes will die, according to GW themselves, and considering there's, what, 5 Elector Counts still alive, counting Franz, 6 with Vlad?

I'm still very interested in seeing how this is written, because so far everything has been written very well, and that really helps with big game changing things like all these betrayals.
    I cannot recall, did they ever say what happened to Elector of Middenheim or the 3 electors in Altdorf?

Agree on the quality of writing, so far it seems rally crazy, but very well thought through.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

My Predictions for future of End Times starting after this point in numerical order:

1) Elves have big civil war with Malekith vs. Tyrion. Tyrion gets killed but then Teclis 'might' kill Malekith thus fulfilling the prophesy. (Teclis might be under influence of Tzeentch? Not sure)

2) With the Nurgle vanguard defeated and the Empire in ruins, Archaeon begins main invasion with his armies.

3) Gotrek and Felix adventure ends with Gotrek finding his doom against Be'lakor. He is killed but then is resurrected as the Avatar of Grimnir /lore of metal.

3) The Dwarves get invaded by Skaven/Goblin armies from the deep and begin loosing their holds until Karaz-A-Karak is final main hold still in Dwarf hands. Gotrek and Felix then arrive to save the Dwarves.

4) Skaven also launch massive invasion of Lustria to battle the Lizardmen but Lizardman sacrifice themselves some how and in the process destroy most of the Skaven.

5) Archaeon arrives and begins the slaughter. All humans, Dwarves and Elves come and have some huge epic fight some where. But then Nagash arrives and kills Archaeon and starts killing everyone else. Including 'maybe' Malekith thus also fulfilling the prophecy. Then Nagash is killed by one of the Von Carsteins or/and King Settra with help from Karl Franz and others or vice versa.

6) Finally after all the hard and long battles everyone begins to plan to rebuild their homes.....but as the 'good' armies begin to leave, a huge Greenskin/Ogre WAAAGH comes from the Dark Lands under some manipulation of Chaos Dwarves and they kill everyone and the world becomes GREEN!

*Note* The Moot is never touched and the Halflings build a mini 'pie' empire.
    Last edited by Captain Melon; November 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I cannot recall, did they ever say what happened to Elector of Middenheim or the 3 electors in Altdorf?
    Nope, Todbringer is still going after Khazrak as the top priority and the 3 in Altdorf aren't mentioned as dying, so probably escaped to Nuln or were locked up in the palace away from the Glottkin.

Agree on the quality of writing, so far it seems rally crazy, but very well thought through.
    Yeah, even things going against established lore have excuses. The characters are just made more complex rather than one dimensional forces of justice and evil.

I need to pick my jaw from the floor guys :O .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

i doubt they would end warhammer like that , keeping it open allows for more novels and games to be written and made, making an ending would just limit their economic growth, i am more interested in if they are going to give more stories about the lizard men and cathay and the eastern empires

So apparently Ulthuan sank and the Elves have merged into one "big" group under Malekith..... I'm starting to dislike the Warhammer lore now. It's beyond strange that the High Elves would just serve under the guy that was their greatest enemy for thousands of years: the one that ultimately brought an end to the High Elven empire. Of all the things, I really hope that this part of the new lore gets retconed later on.

yeah the high elves consider Chaos to be their biggest rival and would fight it at any cost

Woold's Avatar Foederatus

I'm so hyped for whats about to come!

As a new player in the tabletop game though.
    Do you think that my HE units will be of any use after End Times?

Quote Originally Posted by Woold View Post
    I'm so hyped for whats about to come!

As a new player in the tabletop game though.
    Do you think that my HE units will be of any use after End Times?

Well, we ALL hope ANY of our units will be of use after the End Times... end :-D Although, so far, you have a good bet since Elven armies are looking on the rather OP side of things (esp. since you now can combine them with Druchii and Asrai for some mindblowing combos).

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Alhaioth View Post
    Well it seems then that 8th edition is main source of info from now on. But these are still rumours and subject to change (I hope). But who knows, maybe the new armies/units will be interesting and cool too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Bubble realities/worlds colliding... what a piece of crap. I'm sorry if I'm blunt and there are some people that would like it, but I hate it.

No thanks. I'm fine with a real, round, planet. Nothing too ethereal. And now with MORE SPECE MERHENNS, but NOT IN SPACE.... what a morons. You can see from afar they are capable of idiotic moves only for a few bucks more.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast