Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winterfell, seat of House Stark

Default Re: Winterfell, seat of House Karstark

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    "You did say Lord Blazeworth would send his ships to you," said Helicent, "the implication naturally being that they would leave Blazeport and sail to Bear Isle. I am glad this is not the case as I interpreted, then. My sole input is that Blazeport is central to the North's plans to rise in prosperity: your single greatest objective in any naval actions in the west is to preserve Blazeport."
    She nodded in agreement.
    "The importance of the location is known to me", Deana answered back with a warm smile, "Southron Lords barely even know about Bear Island, if they are asked about it - my only foe threatening me up there are only the Wildlings. But mylady can trust me, if I tell, that I plan to change this with our growth. The North remembers and so does House Mormont - therefore I secure my position and our fleet with another investment, independent from the fleet project."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"Good to hear indeed," said Helicent, "A strong fleet in the west is crucial, as we share the waters with powers such as the Ironborn, Westerlands, Oldtown and the Arbor."

Few navies of significant power lay on the east coast of Westeros.

She nodded appreciateing, deciding to tell the Lady her plans.
    "To secure this power, I plan to extend the influence of House Mormont beyond the Wall", Deana came to her final point, "The wildlings, comeing from the Gorge and the Frozen Shore have raided our coasts for too long, which is the reason why I sent message to Essos to not only bring them down and repay their raids with our steel, but as well will ensure that further generations will be weakened if they dare to attack us. We seek to claim at least the region of the Gorge to increase not only the ammount of our vassals, but as well to obtain more space. Northern expeditions beyond the Wall may have failed in the past, but I am willing to give it a try again, may it only be for the sake of avenging at least my fallen brother, who was killed by a chieftain from the Gorge."

OOC: I'm actually not sure if it works to occupy a region beyond-the-Wall like a regular castle. Therefore I adress my plans here before I invested my 16,000 Dragons for the Stormcrows completely into sand.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"If you wish to mount an expedition into the Gorge, that is your decision," said Helicent, "but I warn you that nothing unites Wildlings more than we: fighting Northmen is all they agree on. Do not expect your presence to go unchallenged."

[OOC: Same as usual, if you want to build a fort there it's 300% province income, meaning 60,000 Dragons. You can then install a Lord there. You'll need an army to actually seize the area first.]

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

Lord Blazeworth and a small retinue would be seen galloping to Winterfell at their maximum speed, speed was of essence.

'I need to speak to Lady Karstark, hurry up',said Edrick.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The guards, recognising the man, usher him quickly through to the keep, where Helicent appears in a rush herself.

"I'm told this is urgent?" ​she said, slightly irritably, as she took a seat next to a fire and gave a fleeting sweep of her arm towards the other chair, inviting Blazeworth to sit.

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

Edrick would quickly sit down, calming down himself.

'I'm sorry for such a haste, but I have splendid news my lady. A son was born to me. It was one of the happies moments of my life. I wanted to ask you to name the boy, since I owe everything to you, my lady.'

On one quiet day, a small caravan of merchants arrives at Winterfell. As the traders begin setting up to deal with the people of Winterstown, a young man with black, freshly trimmed hair arrives at the castle and asks for a private audience with Theron Karstark. He carries an object wrapped in large piece of fabric and bound with ties.

"If you wish to mount an expedition into the Gorge, that is your decision," said Helicent, "but I warn you that nothing unites Wildlings more than we: fighting Northmen is all they agree on. Do not expect your presence to go unchallenged."

[OOC: Same as usual, if you want to build a fort there it's 300% province income, meaning 60,000 Dragons. You can then install a Lord there. You'll need an army to actually seize the area first.]
    "We all take our risks, mylady", Mormont replied fond, "I will inspect the area first after getting justice upon the tribes, who killed my uncle and brother. I had once sworn to avenge them and will keep to it."

OOC: Ugh, then it shall be a raiding campaign with nice RP background, as I have already promised a good ammount of money for my marriage dowry.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

HB:

The man is not quite granted a private audience. He is attended by multiple guards, as random commoners do not get into a room alone with a Lord Paramount. As luck would have it, young Theron is not otherwise engaged, the petitions having concluded by midday that day. Theron arrives in the Great Hall, having been distracted only from his studies, rather than any duty.

"It is unusual that petitions are heard this late in the day," said the boy, "but I'm told you have some sort of package that you refuse to part with, and I am curious."

Ficenzi:

The man pulled me away from my Marshals at a time of important military discussions to ask me to name his child?

"Congratulations, Lord Blazeworth!" she said, producing a smile, "Perhaps he should be named Theon, after the great King Theon Stark who took to the waves to punish his enemies where they thought themselves safe across the seas. It would do the maritime nature of your new seat justice."

[King Theon Stark]

LD:

"None can deny you revenge, Lady Mormont," said Helicent, "Just be wary, the North does not need another frontier to watch when we have such political change to the south."
    Last edited by Poach; December 08, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

'Ah, my lady, such a splendid name. It is settled then, the boy shall be Theon Blazeworth. I am sorry to have taken your time, if you excuse me, I will depart for home now.'

Edrick and his cavalry would be seen hastily taking off from Winterfell.

"None can deny you revenge, Lady Mormont," said Helicent, "Just be wary, the North does not need another frontier to watch when we have such political change to the south."
    The Lady nodded appreciateing.
    "I will do my best to avoid larger consequences", she replied loyal, "For the sake of my son, I will be catious."

HB:

The man is not quite granted a private audience. He is attended by multiple guards, as random commoners do not get into a room alone with a Lord Paramount. As luck would have it, young Theron is not otherwise engaged, the petitions having concluded by midday that day. Theron arrives in the Great Hall, having been distracted only from his studies, rather than any duty.

"It is unusual that petitions are heard this late in the day," said the boy, "but I'm told you have some sort of package that you refuse to part with, and I am curious."
    "Yes my Lord. I have something that might interest you greatly." said the young man before he slowly removed the top of the wrapped package to reveal a lion shaped pommel. "It's a sword Lord Karstark, one that appears to be of great worth."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The boy leaned forwards a bit while every guard in the room rested their hands on their own swords.

"Is that a Lannister lion, perchance?" asked Theron, all too aware of the two swords the Lannisters owned that had once belonged to the previous owners of this very hall. Could it truly be? Rumour did indeed have it that one such sword was at large, taken from Tybolt Lannister during his war, but most rumours put it in Essos, where it's assumed most of the surviving Blackfyres had fled to. Might one be right here, within his grasp?

"It might be a lion."said the young man calmly "But I cannot be certain of it. It seems to pommel suffered some damage to it. Would you like to inspect it for yourself?" he said while offering to allow Lord Karstark to take hold of it.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

When he leaned the pommel towards Theron, some guards leaned on their front foot, but Theron quickly held up a hand to halt them. He slowly grasped the pommel, feeling indeed that there were some imperfections on the grip: chips, scratches, dents. The sword had seen action somewhere.

With a pull, he drew the weapon fully, and held it up to the light, watching the ripples dance as the light hit them. This was surely Valyrian steel, and thus surely 'Fang', the sword Tybolt Lannister had once owned.

"How came you by this?" ​asked Theron in a distracted tone, his eyes still fixed on the sword.

"I found it my Lord, in a shipwreck my Lord. I was travelling with my company of merchants on a ship from Gulltown to White Harbor and we spotted a ship that had apparently run aground in a stor, and only recently too. There were some dead bodies around us and as my fellows and I searched the ship for loot and goods, I found the sword. Quickly realizing how valuable it could be, I wrapped it up and snuck it back to my compartment on the ship." said the young man. He had practiced the story several times. hopefully, he had done a good enough job that it would be believed.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"Shipwreck?" said Theron, looking at the man for once, "Were there any bodies of significance? Perhaps with a nobleman's appearance?"

​Fang in a shipwreck means the ship was almost assuredly carrying Aerys Blackfyre: had the Blackfyre claimant to the throne met an untimely end on the waves?

The young man than slowly withdrew something from his pocket, a ring, with a small insignia of a Black Dragon. "There was this my Lord on one of the bodies near the sword. The man wasn't dressed like a noblemen at all but the ring did look out of place."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Theron took the ring, bringing it up to his eye level and inspecting it closely: it was a three-headed Dragon, meaning it was surely Blackfyre. He switched his gaze back to the young man, the first time he'd truly met his gaze. After a moment's silence, he closed his fist around the ring. This young man had purple eyes: not bright, fierce ones like many others of the Targaryen and Blackfyre extraction, but it was well known that Aerys was a bastard. Theron had failed to notice until now because the purple was dull and faded, appearing almost blue at any passing glance.

"For returning this steel to where it belongs, I will send this ring to King's Landing and relay your story, Prince Aerys." said Theron quietly, having leaned in close to the boy to speak his words out of earshot of the guards standing nearby.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast