Thread: A mod that includes a fictionalized UN?

Default A mod that includes a fictionalized UN?

Why doesn't someone create a fictionalized UN for a mod (or even the grand campaign). I had this idea where it would be called the "KOP" (Kingdoms of Peace) and basically you can join it (if your not at war with any of the KOP allies) and you can be excommunicated from it (just like in the grand campaign). This can be made using the pope events, like instead of being favored by the pope you would be favored by the KOP and instead of doing crusades you would join KOP countries in war. Like if France is a KOP country and is at war with a non KOP country then you can join by clicking the (would be) "Join KOP war" (i.e the join crusade button). The reason for the KOP is to ensure peace on earth and if a country is doing something they don't like then the KOP will either destory the country or use diplomacy. So anyone think this is a cool idea or what?

P.S the KOP wouldn't care what religion the country is and would not favor one.

EDIT: oh and you would have elections for someone to be the KOP president (another event that can be done with the popes events).
    Last edited by bigcasey123; October 24, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: A mod that includes a fictionalized UN?

To what end?

Quote Originally Posted by justdownloading View Post
    To what end?
    To the end of the KOP enemies.

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Papacy is based on religion,and we cannot modify it to work somehow else.How can we make something like that work?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    Papacy is based on religion,and we cannot modify it to work somehow else.How can we make something like that work?
    My idea was to rename religion to "peace stat" and give it two choices (war mongol or peaceful).

Quote Originally Posted by bigcasey123 View Post
    My idea was to rename religion to "peace stat" and give it two choices (war mongol or peaceful).
    What you're asking for is no longer a new faction but a total conversion with loads of scripting. What you're asking for is something that, thanks to the engine, has to be based on something (in this case religion).

There's a script that gives an option for Lithuania to convert to Christianity in the Teutonic campaign. It'd have to get working in the game to begin with, then you'd have to get it working for every single faction, along with dictating conditions. Not to mention the ability to bounce back and forth between the two "religions." Religion doesn't really work like you think it does. It's not like Chivalry/Dread. Not only that but you say the United Nations won't care about religion, but using religion kind of destroys that option.

I won't tell you it's straight up impossible because even without the Memory Editor, UndyingNephalim has done some pretty crazy with the engine, but you'll really need someone who knows how to script and so far, you haven't really done anything to appeal the idea to anyone. It sounds more like you just kind of want to go on a power trip as a Medieval U.N. really. So chances are if you want this done you'll have to learn how to make the scripts dance yourself.

If you really want this to happen, the easiest thing I could suggest for you is to make a custom religion for this faction, find a way to put this new faction on the map, and rampage against Europe until you have your One World Order. You can learn how to do all of that if you read through the Creatng A World Tutorial Set by Gigantus. Extremely indepth and should teach you what you need to know short of making the engine do the impossible.