Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Domus Fortunas

Default Domus Fortunas

Patrician Points: 1
    Plebeian Points: 11

Gravitas Bonuses

Incumbent Plebeian Aedile (+1)

Residents of the Domus Fortunas
    - Main - Caius Manlius Fortunas (Age 30)
    - Wife: Helena (Aged 28)
    - Son: Caius (Age 11)
    - Son: Tiberias (Age 6)
    - Daughter: Justina (Age 4)

Income Information
    Senatorial Income: 2,500 denarii
    Magisterial Income:
    Farm Income: 1875x4 (7500)
    Building Income:
    Misc. Income:
    -----
    Expenses
    50 Plebeian Farmers - 1750 Denarii Yearly

Income Yearly - 8250

Gross Total: 500 Denarii

Assets Information
    2 Grain Farm outside Rome
    1 Corbita
    Last edited by JamesTruwood; November 21, 2014 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: Domus Fortunas

Senator Nero looked out from the curtain of his litter and sniffed in displeasure, he did not descend from the hills very often but politics must... A slave left the litter and informed the master of the house that Nero wished to visit with the pater familias.

Note - Points are now 6 Plebeian points, 1 Patrician. Carrying on.

A manservant opens the door the the slave, and listens to his message quietly. He informs the Slave that the Pater Familias is in the back garden working, and that the litter may be brought there if his master so desires. The servant leaves to inform Master Fortunas of the visitor, who proceeds to order olives, breads, cheese, and wine brought out.

Nero's litter was brought right up to the door, the senator did not wish to dirty his toga with mud, especially dirty urban mud. Slipping into the hall, Decimus walked to the rear of the house led by the manservant. He paused by the garden,

"Senator.."

Caius becks the senator to a chair, his garden swept clean from dirt and filth.

"I've ordered for food to be brought out if you wish to eat. Drink as well. May I be of assistance Senator Nero?"

Nero took his seat, leaning back in the chair and surveying the garden that Caius worked in. The plebeians were very strange sometimes...

"Thank you for accommodating me, good Senator. I merely came to speak of matters of state. How do you feel about all these generals running for positions while they have been out of Rome. Losing."

"It is bold, I give them that. I find it very uncouth they do so, though the law clearly allows them to run in abesentia, so long as they fulfill the role of their posts. I am none too pleased with it. We rarely receive communications from our army, and the few times we do it is worded to sound like they aren't losing, but as if they have just suffered a minor setback."

He pauses, drinking some wine, thinking.

"I can be bold myself, so this time I shall indulge that vice. I presume you have a course of action to rectify our....lackluster colleagues?"

"It is too late to stop them taking office this session, unfortunately. Whether any of them will be still be alive is another question.."

Nero drunk some of the wine himself, pausing after a sip,

"But I should hopefully be either 1st or 2nd Quaestor in the same session. Holding the purse strings is an important position. But I may also put forward a motion banning it in the future, and knowing these mens' desire to have glory in the battlefield, I doubt it will trouble our future elections."

"Banning those who wish to run in absentia? It does not seem it will be a popular motion, not as is. Many could see it as unfair, if they're serving the state. I'm sure there is a way to do it, I shall think on it. These men currently in the field though, half the magistrates! It is worrying our glorious republic has been so neglected as these men are off in the field losing. Not all of them are bad men, but still."

Nero leant forward,

"You see, Caius, I am hamstrung by the fact I am a patrician. There are many things I cannot do, which you can... I want to mint a coin with the image of the Dictator to distribute amongst the citizens, showing him as what he truly is. The problem is I cannot trade with Corsica to even get the silver to do so."

He took another sip of wine and sat back in his chair once more,

"Let us build a trade fleet together. A ship is 3,500 Denarii, so we must start small."
    Last edited by M D; October 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM.

Caius drinks more wine,quietly weighing these thoughts.

"As The Dictator truly is. Wonderful idea, what artistry did you have in mind? As for the silver, I do believe it is a great idea. I do ask you Senator Nero, asides acquiring this silver, might we work together in the future? I hope to become the Plebeian Aedile this year, and working well with a Quaestor will make my job easier."

He looks at a passing bird, admiring it quietly.

"What do you think of the republican party? I notice alot of the senators are displeased with them."

"I try not to bother myself with these factions, the republicans even named me as a favourite for Quaestor, I have no idea why.."

Nero chuckled at the idea,

"I am more than happy to keep a working relationship. Do you have plans yourself as Aedile?"

"I do indeed. I was hoping to secure funding from the senate for new granaries, to store more food inside the cities and the people. I also intend for public events, to have the community clean the streets and city, with a feast at days end. Asides that, if the war is over, perhaps a new arena for racing and gladitorial combat. Something to keep us all entertained. Our last few Aediles have been negligent in their duties. I hope to rectify that."

"Excellent. I look forward to it. So this ship, shall we split the cost evenly in the new year? Obviously you would have to buy it, but if we simply agree to be half owners, that is all I need."

"Sounds fair and amicable. I shall be sure to gather my profits from the farms as soon as the year comes. Mayhaps we should propose a delegation sent to Corsica, and arrange for more neutral relations between us. It would help us in our trade no doubt."

"A good idea. Unfortunately I hope to become the Flamen Dialis and so cannot leave Rome, so I may propose you to go in the new Senate."
    Last edited by M D; October 26, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

"If such a matter does not interfere with my role as aedile. I would hate to leave the city alone another year. I shall first set up the start of the granaries before I propose it, so at the very least something is done this year. This is fair, I presume?"

"Indeed."

Nero rose, and a slave bustled in to take up his cloak from the ground.

"Good day, Senator."

He left, and where he sat, all was left was a large purse containing 1,750 Denarii, coincidentally half the price of a boat.

2500 Denari from Senatorial Income
    1750 from Nero
    -875 for the upkeep of of the plebeian workers for last year
    Total Donari Count - 3375

At this time, I would like the rolls for last year's farm income in terms of Donari, which due my crop being grain is just the straight out 75 x25, correct?

Ooc: two lots of that for farm income as there are two harvests per year

A letter would arrive from Praetor Sempronius, inviting Manlius to visit his domus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast