13 11.30%
  • Tyrell

0 0%
  • Greyjoy

14 12.17%
  • Frey

2 1.74%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which Faction will you be playing come 1.0?

Default Re: Which Faction will you be playing come 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Stannis was the only one of the claimants to the Iron Throne with any morals or principles. Hell, you can't even make a legitimate case for him being a puppet of Melisandre, because of how frequently he chooses not to follow her advice.
    And that's why he burend his ing Bannermans like hay !!!!! He's just a mad man with claims to the Throne if he becomes King all Westeros will burn. (WAKE UP PEOPLE HE'S AN ABOMINATION)

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    And that's why he burend his ing Bannermans like hay !!!!! He's just a mad man with claims to the Throne if he becomes King all Westeros will burn. (WAKE UP PEOPLE HE'S AN ABOMINATION)
    What Bannermen did he burn?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Caron View Post
    Indeed. At the very least make sure to use proper spoiler tags.
    My bad, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    What Bannermen did he burn?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He burned one of the Florents for trying to sue for peace with the Lannisters I think, don't quote me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousAndroid42 View Post
    What a surprise, the guy spouting 4chan argot is being needlessly truculent. Why don't you take your venom spitting to the proper thread as advised or, better yet, back to /tv/ where you belong.
    I'm so hurt :'(

I don't even post on 4chan. Never have, never will. It's just that you need to have a better interpretation and take 15 seconds to bother spelling.

I agree about spoilers though

For HouseStarkFTW, I agree it's unlikely he'll win. And I agree R+L=J will probably be true. Doesn't mean I have to like it. The author's intent is important; but regardless if he mucks up his own story the tale until now has been decent. I'm also not one of those people who is always a book puritan. I liked the film adaptations more for things like Harry Potter and LOTR while still enjoying both as different mediums. But for some reason, since the show, ASOIAF has attracted the worst fans who can't think for themselves and a pair of pandering and talentless showrunners who could be outperformed by your average high school theatre. Because at least they'd pander less and stop using nudity to drive up ratings. Along with, y'know, preserving the integrity of the stories and characters.

And there are die-hard Bolton loyalists. The Dreadfort alone commands power, then there's the traitorous Karstarks (though they're about to die), then there's Lady Dustin....

Also Lord Florent deserved it. He was guilty of treason. His death propelled the fleet not that that was necessarily nice. But hey, that's the world of ASOIAF. Ramsay can flay people alive and cut off penises and have hordes of raving internet fangirls, but burn one traitor and suddenly you're the Great Other. I guess GURM wants Stannis' court to be bipolar because I'm suprised there's no "moderate Queensman" ie R'hllorites who don't assume religious bigotry is the automatic path forward but support a more pragmatic - but still faithful - course. But that's GRRM's decision in the end and we can but read.

Though of course Stannis' behaviour in the North, and his Proudwing speech, and Jon's observations all prove he's more follower than true believer. He even tells his men to stop burning prisoners and to relax. That's because he's not an idiot. All powers have limits. Though of course R'hllor is the only god whose existence is more or less confirmed, the rest all being either magic tricks or ancient beings rather than true gods with powers akin to our own Judaic one.

The thing about this mod, though, is that it's loyal to the books as of ACOK. That's it. No more, no less. It's not a Stannis Simulator, nor is it a Stark Simulator. But hey, if people want to make ridiculous and unfounded claims about loving the Tullys while totally misinterpreting other characters then I'll set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStarkFTW View Post

He burned one of the Florents for trying to sue for peace with the Lannisters I think, don't quote me on that one.
    Said Florent
    tried to sell Stannis' claim to Tywin Lannister. If he didn't get burned, he'd have been executed more conventionally.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I have tried Korps to make Joff a 10 star before and it went terribly. Not even sure I got 3. If he is any worse in 1.0 you definitely have your work cut out for you.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

The Florent that he burned was the Hand before Davos got the job, I belive.

Stannis is awesome.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    I have tried Korps to make Joff a 10 star before and it went terribly. Not even sure I got 3. If he is any worse in 1.0 you definitely have your work cut out for you.
    Luckyly for me im helping out with the traits You can expect Joffrey and Stannis to have reversed stats for 1.0..... or not
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Luckyly for me im helping out with the traits You can expect Joffrey and Stannis to have reversed stats for 1.0..... or not
    Y u troll us. Y u do dis.

Y u troll us. Y u do dis.
    If there is one thing I've learned:

the north... Oh, and Joffrey is a better general than over half the rest in westeros
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    If there is one thing I've learned:

the north... Oh, and Joffrey is a better general than over half the rest in westeros

Yeah, Joffrey > Tywin and Stannis everyone!

Yeah, Joffrey > Tywin and Stannis everyone!

I think it is rather obvious, that Tywin and Stannis are part of the better half of the westerosi generals... But please, continue.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Who are gonna be top generals at start? I'd probably say something like Tywin, Stannis, and Tarly are definitely in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post

I think it is rather obvious, that Tywin and Stannis are part of the better half of the westerosi generals... But please, continue.
    Well I was being sarcastic =/

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Who are gonna be top generals at start? I'd probably say something like Tywin, Stannis, and Tarly are definitely in the top 5.
    I wouldn't put Tywin up there. He's a Bismarckian political grand strategist, not a particularly good battlefield commander. He only fought a few battles in his career, which he won with overwhelming force, but still performed poorly overall at, like when he lost Jaime to Robb. Who should be one of the better generals, but who was honestly an inverse Tywin. Great leader on the battlefield, idiot at politics and strategic goal-making.

We haven't really seen many good commanders aside from those three.

Pretty much. In game terms, Tywin was playing Crusader Kings II and Robb was playing Medieval II: Total War.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, blaming tywin for the loss of jaime is like saying robb lost the battle of duskendale....

tywin will be one of the best commanders at the start. considering that he put down two rebel houses, both very powerful, when he was still a teenager, and planned and executed the invasion of the riverlands flawlessly until jaime blundered, that seems justified. he also showed a great deal of tactical accumen against roose bolton, who was just too smart himself to fall for it.

oc, we dont have much in way of comparison. the leaders from roberts rebellion are mostly dead, stannis defeated the iron fleet once, robb proved ingenious at several occasions, with the help of brynden, and we know tarly once gave robert a good licking. roose is good, oberyn is said to be good, but we know of no battles. same for royce in the vale, and other senior leaders in the realm.

so, i guess we can only blame grrm for not writing a indepth military history
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; October 30, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

I'd say Stannis is the best general currently standing in Westeros, and I think that's represented well enough in the game but there are no 10 star commanders. You will have to build them up to that level. Tarly is also an excellent soldier from what we know, and Roose, Robb, Tywin, and a few others have shown they are extremely able commanders and are also tactically minded.

That being said, like Hanni mentioned there are a lot of Lords/Knights/Nobles who are said to be good soldiers/good fighters/able commanders, but we just haven't heard much of their exploits. And not to mention, most Lords will never command an army, they simple fight under their lords banner. Historically in Westeros each Lord Paramount/King was the one doing the commanding.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the information!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast