Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Feedback

Default Re: Bugs & Feedback

Is the carthage bug where you can only recruit elephant units as generals fixed yet?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zeddtakashi View Post
    Is the carthage bug where you can only recruit elephant units as generals fixed yet?
    Yes it will be in the hotfix (it has already been done). Check the OP of the next update thread for a full list of what the hotfix will include (it is still getting added to)

Ah rite thanks for the reply, mentioned it because i didnt see it on the hot fix list, didnt know it was still getting updated, my bad.

I noticed for Bithynia some of their heavy melee units are in melee cavalry section in custom battle.
    Last edited by zeddtakashi; November 06, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ah rite thanks for the reply, mentioned it because i didnt see it on the hot fix list, didnt know it was still getting updated, my bad.

I noticed for Bithynia some of their heavy melee units are in melee cavalry section in custom battle.
    you are right ive not added it to the list Ill add it later today when i add some more things to it

The bithynia bug has also been fixed. Is it also not on the list?

Ah yes found it, sorry its easy to miss, thats alot of fixes lol.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ah yes found it, sorry its easy to miss, thats alot of fixes lol.
    yeah its easy to miss one in that list, up to number 61 atm

Hi, I have a question: Why the roman legionaries are formed in 320 man units? When they´d form in maniples of 160 man each one, and then with the Mario reforms they use cohorts formed by 3 maniples, that is 480 man. If you talk of historical accuracy that´s a slap in the face to the historical accuracy. At least for me that I like Rome history. And also cavallry dont use formations of 180 horseman.

I see this on every unit of the game, but is not possible to change it between factions?

Quote Originally Posted by pedrooo14 View Post
    Hi, I have a question: Why the roman legionaries are formed in 320 man units? When they´d form in maniples of 160 man each one, and then with the Mario reforms they use cohorts formed by 3 maniples, that is 480 man. If you talk of historical accuracy that´s a slap in the face to the historical accuracy. At least for me that I like Rome history. And also cavallry dont use formations of 180 horseman.

I see this on every unit of the game, but is not possible to change it between factions?
    I lobbied for historical roman unit sizes, but unfortunately, with the game engine it simply isn't possible to give every faction historical unit sizes without horribly unbalancing the game

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pedrooo14 View Post

We've not yet overhauled unit sizes. The default for this mod is currently x2 vanilla unit sizes. Customising unit sizes is something we are looking to do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    I've made a BullGod Unit Icons patch for manager's mod although it no longer works with Vae Victis due to all of Vae Victis file names starting with '_'. if you edit the filename of my BullGod so it starts with a '_' it will load above Vae Victis and overwrite the unit cards in the mod. I'm going to update the mod properly with new unit cards when I'm not so busy.
    I've changed the rom_hastati.png pack file in the BGU Icons from Steam to read rom_hastati_camillian.png and the change worked--almost: I got a hastati picture but with the two shields, i.e. the previous vanilla-like shield was still there over the top. Is there some way to remove it? (That is, the first shield.)

At least two additional unit icons came through when I did the '_' trick. (Mercenary Etruscan hoplites and a Greek mercenary.) I have lots of--but not all--BullGod unit icons in the game, but they are not coming up for the Rome faction.
    Last edited by Lannes1; November 06, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

At the Taxes Tab there is no growth surplus even when i set Taxes to very low. Its always +0, unless i raise it really high then it goes negative.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just asking Magnar, would it be possible to mod politics at this moment? How about making it look like this:

You could change the look of the UI of the politics to make it look more like that.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Just asking Magnar, would it be possible to mod politics at this moment? How about making it look like this:

You could change the look of the UI of the politics to make it look more like that.
    We are currently changing the UI a little but not that much, we are still restricted to a large degree,

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    wow, I admire your tenacity and appreciate your feedback

I played enough to find bugs to fix, but gave up without conquering any regions. The starting region culture will be fixed in the hotfix. I forget if the horse archers are being moved to the main building yet, but they should be since they are the basic unit of the nomad, not the foot archer Garrisons should be a bit weaker soon as well. Being stuck in the midst of all these vanilla factions is not a happy place atm.

Interesting on the Azat auto resolves.. Magnar will have to look at auto resolve and figure out if a problem exists. Noble units are definitely a ton better (and more expensive) than regular units and if they weren't useful there would be a problem. There would also be a problem if you could run around with mostly noble units and wipe everyone.. that would either mean they are too strong or too cheap. What kind of army ratio did you end up with? Mostly foot archers with the six azats? Horse archers and six azats?

What is the Baktria color problem?

I'm sure that Parthia will remain a real challenge at the start, but coming tweaks should at least make it a bit less frustrating. Keep the feedback flowing
    I had two armies. One was about 12-14 foot archers, with 3 units of merc spearmen, and of course an Azat (late) bodyguard. My other army was my bodyguard, 4 azats, and one unit of horse archers. What I found out was that when I went to auto resolve a battle with just the archer stack, I would have no chance of victory. But once I brought in my second army to support it, I always could get a clear victory. I am not sure if that is saying the azats are incredibly powerful, or if the archers are incredibly weak in auto resolve. They were certainly expensive, and it cost 2200 to recruit one unit. I think their upkeep was something around 350-400 a turn, which is pretty high up there. I wouldn't say I could run around with just that stack and wipe out everyone, but at full strength they could usually match most stacks sent after me. They always take the brunt of the casualties too.

On the mini map the settlement of Baktria has no color. Baktria will have all it's other territories in it's regular color, that lightish blue, except that region shows none. It stays that way when someone else conquers it too. I know it was a bug that started with the original game, and others have had it.

This is interesting. I would agree if you were to say this is how Total War should be. I find that when campaigns progress much more slowly I feel much more in tune with my settlements, my troops, my policy decisions. It's just more intimate really. Admittedly, though, large factions that historically did in fact take large swathes of land, they should be capable of growing faster than I think it's currently possible. This mod is best suited at normal difficulty, currently, I think, because even still with the big garrisons and other restrictive aspects normal difficulty ends up being really quite a challenge. I think with a bit more move points, slightly smaller garrisons and some of the other changes the hotfix will introduce, the pace of expansion will be in a really good sweet spot.
    I just started the game up and the slider was set at VH, so I went for it . I just figured it was what was recommended as that is what the "default" was. I usually stick with H. I think I may have went exceptionally slow, but it was such a change of pace and I liked it. Kind of similar to how stunned I was when I first saw all the doomstacks coming from Mordor in TATW and was fighting tooth and nail just to not lose territory.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    We've not yet overhauled unit sizes. The default for this mod is currently x2 vanilla unit sizes. Customising unit sizes is something we are looking to do in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    I lobbied for historical roman unit sizes, but unfortunately, with the game engine it simply isn't possible to give every faction historical unit sizes without horribly unbalancing the game
    I see. It would be great if you can make that in the future, I think the first Rome TW had that (Has nothing to do i know). Anyway thanks for the answers

Foederatus

Greattings ! and congrats for such masterpiece!
    I noticed something weird regarding recruitment options for the romans at Pataviun;
    In my current game, Pataviun fell in roman hands in 228BC and I intended to recruit some Celtic units to boost my legion roster garrisoned there;
    To my surprise I would be able to recruit just two Iberian units, one Javelin and other with swordmen which I cannot remember the names..
    Anyone else noticed something like this??

Cheers
    Galba

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Galba View Post
    Greattings ! and congrats for such masterpiece!
    I noticed something weird regarding recruitment options for the romans at Pataviun;
    In my current game, Pataviun fell in roman hands in 228BC and I intended to recruit some Celtic units to boost my legion roster garrisoned there;
    To my surprise I would be able to recruit just two Iberian units, one Javelin and other with swordmen which I cannot remember the names..
    Anyone else noticed something like this??

Cheers
    Galba
    We have not yet implemented the AoR system yet, so only factional troops and vanilla mercenaries are currently available. We will be implementing a global AoR system once we finish the unit rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    I've changed the rom_hastati.png pack file in the BGU Icons from Steam to read rom_hastati_camillian.png and the change worked--almost: I got a hastati picture but with the two shields, i.e. the previous vanilla-like shield was still there over the top. Is there some way to remove it? (That is, the first shield.)

At least two additional unit icons came through when I did the '_' trick. (Mercenary Etruscan hoplites and a Greek mercenary.) I have lots of--but not all--BullGod unit icons in the game, but they are not coming up for the Rome faction.
    The mod uses its own unit cards names, while BullGod uses vanilla unit card names. Unit cards have a icons and a mask file, if you just edit the icon but not the mask it looks wired. If you've installed my patch then all the have to do to get it working is put the _ at the front of the PACK file or as long as it loads above _vae_victis_x.PACK files
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    The mod uses its own unit cards names, while BullGod uses vanilla unit card names. Unit cards have a icons and a mask file, if you just edit the icon but not the mask it looks wired. If you've installed my patch then all the have to do to get it working is put the _ at the front of the PACK file or as long as it loads above _vae_victis_x.PACK files
    Thanks very much. It works.

Just to state out, I'm not complaining, I'm reporting issues, which in my point of view, are errors/bugs.

The Spartan unit limit does not work properly:
    I've had 11 spartan hoplites (which was the maximum as the recruitment list said.) I've transferred 1 spartan hoplite to another army which was completly destroyed. Now I cannot recruit the spartan hoplites again, as it is still locked saying I've reached the maximum count of units.
    I do not use any other mods which is related to recruitments. I use the bullgod unit icons mod, and the rtw music mod.
    Why is this limit is necessary for the spartan units? I' dont think it is realistic, especially that macedon has so strong sarissa phalanx units that they kill the spartans in minutes.
    So in my opinion either unlock the number of recruitable spartans, or lower the power of macedon (and other) phalanx units because they are overpowered.

Phalanx overpower and weak cavalry charge:
    Another solution for the phalanx overpower would be to increase the charge damage of cavalry from the back. As right now it is just 5-10 men with the spartan citizen cavalry (don't know the exact name).
    This makes the cavalry unusable, as they die like flies even from a not frontal assult!

Archers overpowered and/or overused:
    Let me state that it seems to me that the archers are nearly well balanced, except it makes very annoying that when a cavarly charges into them, it only kills a few men (on unarmored archers!!) and it takes a lot of time to kill them with cavarly. Therefore the archers - as the always run away - are an ultimate killing machines!

Stamina:
    The stamina seems right on Infantry units. It might takes a little too much time to regain their strenght, but it is still okay.
    But the stamina of the cavalry units are horrible. Horses don't tire just from charging into a unit and then running away. They tire out like infantry, but they should have at least twice the stamina as an infatry unit! Like this, they get another disadvantage - next to the weak charge - that when they tire out they are so slower than a fit archer unit. So they own the horses, like running away and shooting and repeat tactics.

Other errors:
    The AI always creates archers like 80% ranged unit and only 20% of melee units. In real, they of course would deal some damage until the hoplites reaches them, but not like the half of the set of 1 general 11 spartan hoplites 4 cavalry and 4 javelin units. I get serious damages just fighting with archers. These are armored units, and these archers were much weaker. Right now its like they are using an English Longbow, or nearly a crossbow. The armor and shields are no saving againts them.

Also the AI always recruits the horse runners and nearly nothing else. Krete, Rhodos, Aitolian league etc, just recruit horse runners in 90% of a unit stack, and 10% other.