Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Feedback

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Bugs & Feedback

Very good mod, but shouldn't armies have more movement points on the campaign map? It takes way too long to travel the length of Italy.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Decanus

At turn 26 I find that, I still love the restrictive recruitment, build costs and campaign movement because I feel it produces a much more intimate experience with my campaign decisions, but, I'm starting to realize that expansion is going to be really really difficult. As Massalia, I cannot get a single trade agreement after having met very many factions, but more importantly, my enemies are able to throw out full stacks really fast so that I don't have time enough to replenish and head out for a conquest before I'm once again on the defense. I'm running Very Hard and I'm assuming the AI factions have bonus recruit slots and lowers costs as a difficulty multiplier. If so, this is really making it impossible to contemplate expansion. I think maybe lower costs as a difficulty multiplier are ok but bonus recruit slots feels unrealistic and frustrating. My main enemy hasn't built a single build project and yet he's throwing full stacks at me at regular intervals, where does he get the manpower?

I disagree with posters saying costs are too high, techs are too long, and move points are too low, I think it's the enemy full stacks that are the problem.
    Last edited by La Tene; November 03, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Very good mod, but shouldn't armies have more movement points on the campaign map? It takes way too long to travel the length of Italy.
    The problem with making realistic movement speeds on the campaign is that the campaign is turn based so armies with realistic movement would be able to move around armies that would otherwise be able to intercept them.

So this is one of the very very few occasions where we have had to go for gameplay over historical accuracy.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    At turn 26 I find that, I still love the restrictive recruitment, build costs and campaign movement because I feel it produces a much more intimate experience with my campaign decisions, but, I'm starting to realize that expansion is going to be really really difficult. As Massalia, I cannot get a single trade agreement after having met very many factions, but more importantly, my enemies are able to throw out full stacks really fast so that I don't have time enough to replenish and head out for a conquest before I'm once again on the defense. I'm running Very Hard and I'm assuming the AI factions have bonus recruit slots and lowers costs as a difficulty multiplier. If so, this is really making it impossible to contemplate expansion. I think maybe lower costs as a difficulty multiplier are ok but bonus recruit slots feels unrealistic and frustrating. My main enemy hasn't built a single build project and yet he's throwing full stacks at me at regular intervals, where does he get the manpower?

I disagree with posters saying costs are too high, techs are too long, and move points are too low, I think it's the enemy full stacks that are the problem.
    Yeah the AI cant really handle the lower recruitment slots and will likely not build buildings and such to alleviate the problem hence the increase vs player.

Hey again,

105 turns into my Carthage campaign and it's been quite interesting. For the first 80ish turns I couldn't build a single army. I'm thankful now for your increased garrison sizes because they are the only thing that kept me from losing most of my overseas holdings.

The culture and public order issues were a nightmare. I had to untax most provinces and go for temples. Even then I couldn't get enough cashflow so I had to literally explore every strip of coastline in the whole world to secure as many trade agreements as possible. This would have been impossible as the Barcids because of the diplomatic nerf. While I appreciate a good grind.. 80 turns is far too long to be able to get at least 2000 income without risking revolt. I was just sitting there fending off invasions and clicking the end turn button.

Now that I have a full stack and a single fleet I'm having fun, going on the offensive and securing Magna Graecia. The merc selection is great and I'm quite pleased by the available units. I was worried the Romans would be OP but thankfully hoplites supported by cav and sword mercs is proving effective.

I think you guys did an excellent job with the roster for this faction, they all feel quite authentic. I'd say this campaign was one of the best and the battles are enjoyable but it literally took me 5 hours of real life time before I could build what I wanted and raise an army to attack something .

On a side note, I've noticed in the games I've played that most factions remain static. There isn't much growth and when there is it's one or two towns that switch back and forth between the fighting sides. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. On one hand I hate seeing behemoth factions swallow the little guys but on the other it produces this strange world where each faction just parks a stack and waits for you to come at them. I fear this may make the late game too predictable.
    Last edited by MattyCakes; November 03, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

trying some stuff with the hotfix to hopefully alleviate the AI sluggishness and low income.

Decanus

While I appreciate a good grind.. 80 turns is far too long to be able to get at least 2000 income without risking revolt. I was just sitting there fending off invasions and clicking the end turn button.
    I would presume that this is largely a result of the AI having bonus recruit slots but I'm being told the AI couldn't manage without them. I think I will tweak my own .pak file, to remove the bonus slots, so that I can test myself how it goes without them.

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    I would presume that this is largely a result of the AI having bonus recruit slots but I'm being told the AI couldn't manage without them. I think I will tweak my own .pak file, to remove the bonus slots, so that I can test myself how it goes without them.
    I would really like to hear the results

Helo very nice mod but rebelion every time spawns one unit which immediately attack my town and is easy killed by garrison on autoresolve. Not a big problem but it is stupid.
    Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad but not ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    trying some stuff with the hotfix to hopefully alleviate the AI sluggishness and low income.
    Good to hear. I too noticed the AI hanging around alot unlike it did in the previous version when I found myself fighting an extremely aggressive neighbor and their ally (would love to see that again!)

I do really appreciate the slower pace to the campaign especially considering that each turn is only 3 months. Not sure how you plan to boost income but it seems the biggest issue in building an effective economy is how small the income increases are when upgrading settlements. This is especially noticeable for small factions. When playing as the Suebi, starting income is only about 500 because the starting army is so large. But upgrading the city is pointless because it only boosts income by 100. With the high cost of an upgrade it would take over 60 turns just to make back the investment. Of course maybe that is the point of being a barbarian, it's more profitable to raid your neighbors. Or perhaps someone should make a social security submod that we can borrow from
    Last edited by snowguy417; November 04, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by dhaalque View Post
    Helo very nice mod but rebelion every time spawns one unit which immediately attack my town and is easy killed by garrison on autoresolve. Not a big problem but it is stupid.
    which faction did you play and in what region did the rebellion spawn?

Rome, the Italian part of Magna Grecia
    Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad but not ill.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
    .... but it literally took me 5 hours of real life time before I could build what I wanted and raise an army to attack something .

On a side note, I've noticed in the games I've played that most factions remain static. There isn't much growth and when there is it's one or two towns that switch back and forth between the fighting sides. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad. On one hand I hate seeing behemoth factions swallow the little guys but on the other it produces this strange world where each faction just parks a stack and waits for you to come at them. I fear this may make the late game too predictable.
    Agree, the really same observation I made.

We will definitely be tweaking garrisons in the near future (less heavy infantry, more light infantry probably), which with income tweaks and other things will hopefully make things more interesting. Keep the feedback coming!

hi, after reading the information about this mod i was really looking forwards to playing it, you guys have put alot of work and effort into it,
    unfortunatly i detest them horrible skeleton unit cards that ca made in 1st place..
    is there any plans on doing your own cards? like what say bulldog done?
    i cant tell what unit is what on the campaign n battle maps,and it just ruins immersion and playabilty for me..
    keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    hi, after reading the information about this mod i was really looking forwards to playing it, you guys have put alot of work and effort into it,
    unfortunatly i detest them horrible skeleton unit cards that ca made in 1st place..
    i cant tell what unit is what on the campaign n battle maps,and it just ruins immersion and playabilty for me..
    keep up the great work.
    If we changed to his, some people hate them.

tbh I have see to see unit cards that I like lol

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    keep up the great work.
    To develop a new unit card style for the mod we'd really need a 2d artist to join and work on them

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Don't mind if I post my suggestions for campagin gameplay do you?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Don't mind if I post my suggestions for campagin gameplay do you?
    Please do, always open to new ideas

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Please do, always open to new ideas
    Good will post mine soon.