Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Feedback

Default Re: Bugs & Feedback

Hi, Armenian commander of horse archers is standing on a horse instead of sitting. I like the mod so far.

Started a Roman campaign last night, and noticed something strange. Had to scratch my head for sec, wondering how Nova Cathago wound up in Greece.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    Started a Roman campaign last night, and noticed something strange. Had to scratch my head for sec, wondering how Nova Cathago wound up in Greece.
    They have been turned in to the Aetolian League, new name, new roster, new faction

Hey!
    Think I said it before but say it again to start off with, you've done a great job. VV covers an area no other mod covers so far namely historical accuracy! Thus thank you!
    Some bugs (I think ) I have found:

1. Garrisons are still fluctuating in the beginning of the campaign. I don't mean that garrison units have to replenish to full strength but I saw e.g. Lilybaeum fluctuating from 17 to 14 to sometimes 12 and then back to 17 units in the beginning of the campaign although Carthage didn't build any buildings there. Same goes for Brundisium. As I played as Syracuse I can just tell you about those two cities. It did not affect my own proud polis (-> the player)

2. Strange texture "glitch" on one of the greek helmets, it just can be seen when looking from the back. From the front or one of each side it looks ok. But from the back it looks like cut to half (pic taken with GEM but its the same without GEM)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

3. Hippakontistai Thrakes uses one of Romes naval unit card

4. There are still some vanilla projectiles (mostly javelins) in the mod which you seem to have missed and they cause major imbalance especially considering your javelins and amors (some vanilla projectiles with 52 dmg + 4 AP dmg)(*). I think that those even lead to the extinction of your really cool modded factions while unmodded factions survive. Especially since, at least in the beginning, I sometimes face such army compositions:

5. This is more of a questions, most likely its intended as it is consistent through all units: Should all Thureos skirmishers really have 240 men instead of 180 (large unit size in options)?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

* regarding point 4 I have created a little "hotfix" mostly for personal usage, but I thought it might be a good idea to share it. I just adjusted those vanilla javelins to the values of Magnars. So any vanilla jav units (also those with javs as secondary weapon) have damage and range of Magnars javs.
    I hope I didn't miss any and I hope its OK to Magnar and the other modders of VV that I did this and post it here.
    If not delete it....
    Thanks for your continuous work and have a nice day

@VV_projectiles_temp_fix.rar
    Last edited by Hoplitus; March 04, 2015 at 01:20 PM.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Hi! Congratulations for the mod: I like it, specially the battle system, one of the best in TWR II modding. However, I think that agents should be nerfed -or directly eliminated. As a Roman player (H/H level), I am trying to reach Lilybaeum with a full stack army... But everytime I step on Sicily, the Cartaginean spy poisons my army... It has happened on 3 consecutive turns and my army has been virtually annihilated before getting even close to a combat with the enemy. Adding a spy to the army in order to improve its intelligence has turned out to be useless... Frankly, I find that such overpowered agent effects simply spoils the game making it nearly unplayable -and it's a pity, as all the other aspects of Vae Victis, those really important like campaign and battle play, are greatly worked.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Autaritus View Post
    Hi! Congratulations for the mod: I like it, specially the battle system, one of the best in TWR II modding. However, I think that agents should be nerfed -or directly eliminated. As a Roman player (H/H level), I am trying to reach Lilybaeum with a full stack army... But everytime I step on Sicily, the Cartaginean spy poisons my army... It has happened on 3 consecutive turns and my army has been virtually annihilated before getting even close to a combat with the enemy. Adding a spy to the army in order to improve its intelligence has turned out to be useless... Frankly, I find that such overpowered agent effects simply spoils the game making it nearly unplayable -and it's a pity, as all the other aspects of Vae Victis, those really important like campaign and battle play, are greatly worked.
    We plan on completely overhauling agents and have only just started on the planning for that so can't go into details about what we will be doing, but they will be changed.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    We plan on completely overhauling agents and have only just started on the planning for that so can't go into details about what we will be doing, but they will be changed.

Thanks for the answer! Keep up the good work! Vae Victis is, in my opinion, the most realistic and historically faithful Rome II mod at the moment... Once every faction is modded and few campaign aspects are arranged... It will be glorious, man!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Bug...Bug...

I cant seem to use the keys to scroll the campaign map anymore. The only thing that works is the mouse click over the mini map. Upper Left I can see the W A S D Keys. What does this mean?

Thanks

Last edited by airborne guy; March 24, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

So Massilia garrisons can't be WAD. I've noticed that the only building that increases the garrison is the military ship port. Barracks nor leveled up settlements give more troops.

Also, have you guys thought about incorporating any of the mods that help major factions out? Its always sad seeing Rome getting smashed to a pulp right off the bat.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Bug...Bug...

I cant seem to use the keys to scroll the campaign map anymore. The only thing that works is the mouse click over the mini map. Upper Left I can see the W A S D Keys. What does this mean?

Thanks
    Are you using a touch screen device or have you entered touch screen mode by accident?

Are you using a touch screen device or have you entered touch screen mode by accident?
    I am not using touchscreen. What key is it to enable or disable it?

I am not using touchscreen. What key is it to enable or disable it?
    You might have more luck in the main trouble shooting forum
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Ok Guys, after 50 turns in my Roman Campaign, I have one full stack and everyone else is running around will atleast 2 full stacks and I control more regions. After I take a settlement I have to stay there for ever will the enemy runs around attacking my other settlements. Public order goes up too slowly because buildings are very expensive.

Magnar, can you make another campaign as you did with your previous mod?

Thanks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ok Guys, after 50 turns in my Roman Campaign, I have one full stack and everyone else is running around will atleast 2 full stacks and I control more regions. After I take a settlement I have to stay there for ever will the enemy runs around attacking my other settlements. Public order goes up too slowly because buildings are very expensive.

Magnar, can you make another campaign as you did with your previous mod?

Thanks
    Romans have heavily armoured units which are much more expensive than other units so its only normal to see other factions with more armies of lighter units.

what do you mean by another campaign? the grand campaign is our main focus atm. We may look at the other dlc campaigns once we finish the GC.

Romans have heavily armoured units which are much more expensive than other units so its only normal to see other factions with more armies of lighter units.

what do you mean by another campaign? the grand campaign is our main focus atm. We may look at the other dlc campaigns once we finish the GC.
    I was saying, are you going to make another Lets Play, as you did with the Magnar Mod?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I was saying, are you going to make another Lets Play, as you did with the Magnar Mod?
    Ah yes I will be doing that, was waiting to finish my new PC before starting though... which as of today is finished... except the key board which should come in the next day or 2.

Then I will be doing an epic 40 unit / army lets play with the yet to be released build of VV.

Ok I have 100 turns into the Roman Campaign now. I really love how long it takes to build your economy. The only thing I would change is that I have hit the cap for hastati, principes and Triariri. I only have 2 stacks and own Gracia, Italy, the 2 islands on the left of Italy, and Cisaplina. The Campaign AI is very Laid back and noone is declaring war on me at all. They are not even trying to capture territories. I saw one stack sit there for 20 turns. I am only at war with Carthage and it is getting to be pretty boring. H/H difficulty

Any changes coming?

Thanks
    Last edited by airborne guy; March 31, 2015 at 09:30 PM.

Where do I go to change the unit cap?

Thanks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Where do I go to change the unit cap?

Thanks
    you mean to mod the unit cap? you need to go into main units.

Or in game, there are dynamic unit caps for nobles and cavalry (except rome gets its own fixed system still) which can be increased by conquering new regions.