Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    The biggest channel in the country reported on the evening news reported that Twente fans were rioting in the city because the club will be disbanded and they showed a bunch of dudes with torches
    Ah, no idea how you got that news, it's not true though. They've royally screwed themselves financially but that would at the very most lead to them falling back into the grey mid table for the next couple of seasons. They were either celebrating the club's 50 year existence or demanding the trainer staff to leave, still not sure about that.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    The biggest channel in the country reported on the evening news reported that Twente fans were rioting in the city because the club will be disbanded and they showed a bunch of dudes with torches
    ah yes, they are out of money right? there was fraud and stuff?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Ah, no idea how you got that news, it's not true though. They've royally screwed themselves financially but that would at the very most lead to them falling back into the grey mid table for the next couple of seasons. They were either celebrating the club's 50 year existence or demanding the trainer staff to leave, still not sure about that.
    The only reason they reported it is because a local team went through the same thing about 4 years ago (Urziceni, the guys who beat Liverpool and Rangers in EL). Though this is not the first time ProTV blow something out of proportion so I should have known better.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    ah yes, they are out of money right? there was fraud and stuff?
    Too much ambition really. Expansion of the stadium, expensive players, things like that. I don't think there's any danger of them going bankrupt but they made quite the mess, lots of people fired, they need to sell their expensive players. I think they have to cut the spending by 8 million next season. The money they made from the transfers of Tadic and Promes went into debt payments I think. They got 2 3-point reductions already, I think they can only receive one more before their license is threathened.
    Last edited by Darth Red; April 15, 2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Too much ambition really. Expansion of the stadium, expensive players......
    There is your problem right there. You can't do both. Heck, Arsenal had to go cheap on players when they expanded. Fortunately, their status still allowed them to get really good, but young talent and they still remain competitive. It is a catch- 22. To pay for the expansion, you need to cut expenditures elsewhere. If you cut player quality performance slips and people may stop coming to the games, then you have a half empty larger stadium. Generally, the timing needs to be right. Great attendance and sponsorship then some lean years, then "a new life." Anyway, they chose a business model that was doomed to fail. They should be some people who are fired; probably a lot.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I was playing Pokémon Black 2 and I think I lost my save. Too bad since I was really getting into it, which is surprising since I had not played this stuff in years.

In other news the forum appears to be dead, is anyone alive? Am I the only survivor? Don't leave me here with the political pundits!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I'm alive and well, busy at work.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

English teacher: Write 200 word reviews for the film over the weekend (American beauty)..
    Me: This'll be fun, I'm kinda goodish at writing reviews
    ET: ...in which you answer 3-5 of these questions I'm giving to you, because you 18 year olds can't write reviews without some ing guidelines to tell you exactly which part of the film should be analysed
    Me: U ing wot m8
    Last edited by Mhaedros; April 18, 2015 at 03:32 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I was playing Pokémon Black 2 and I think I lost my save. Too bad since I was really getting into it, which is surprising since I had not played this stuff in years.

In other news the forum appears to be dead, is anyone alive? Am I the only survivor? Don't leave me here with the political pundits!
    If you think this forum is dead, you should try for a real dead forum like Anagennese. I think there have been maybe 100 posts in the last four years. It's quite eerie.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    English teacher: Write 200 word reviews for the film over the weekend (American beauty)..
    ET: ...in which you answer 3-5 of these questions I'm giving to you, because you 18 year olds can't write reviews without some ing guidelines to tell you exactly which part of the film should be analysed
    You have to write film reviews in USA schools too? I actually prefer to have guidelines since most films have no meaning and I have no words for them.

My communication professor kind of did the same thing, expect she gave

us free rein on what movie/tv series we can write it on.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    You have to write film reviews in USA schools too? I actually prefer to have guidelines since most films have no meaning and I have no words for them.
    No idea how they do it in the US, I'm Finnish

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    My communication professor kind of did the same thing, expect she gave

us free rein on what movie/tv series we can write it on.
    That makes it harder for the teacher to see if you've done the job properly though (we all saw the movie together in school, so she knows we all saw it). It's harder to say how much work has gone into a review if you don't know the film or series yourself.

That makes it harder for the teacher to see if you've done the job properly though (we all saw the movie together in school, so she knows we all saw it). It's harder to say how much work has gone into a review if you don't know the film or series yourself.
    This is the only reason why he got away with the shameful piece he wrote.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Girl View Post
    This is the only reason why he got away with the shameful piece he wrote.
    Is that you Inkie? (to think, I can't even remember your original name)

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

It's Renegatz

i bet bet in this thread, no one except maybe he knows my original name (without looking at my profile :p)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

No idea how they do it in the US, I'm Finnish
    Oh! Hi!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Have you guys seen the documentary "WW2 in colour" ? This is frigging amazing with the amount of live action battle footage they got in there. Its like an action movie, just .. real. Watcing German planes flying over the Acropolis or a Siberian ski assault against German lines, or German sub shooting up a British ship with its deck cannon, or Pearl Harbor going up in flames with no Ben Afflick. never seen anything like it. Amazing. I had no idea film cameras were that common among the soldiery.
    Last edited by Påsan; April 18, 2015 at 08:30 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Seen the whole series a bunch of times, it's just pure concentrated awesome. I also recommend Apocalypse: The Second World War. It's the same as WWII in Color only with better color and a kickass soundtrack and narrator. You can find it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    It's Renegatz

i bet bet in this thread, no one except maybe he knows my original name (without looking at my profile :p)
    SwordOfJanak? I did not check your profile
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; April 18, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Have you guys seen the documentary "WW2 in colour" ? This is frigging amazing with the amount of live action battle footage they got in there. Its like an action movie, just .. real. Watcing German planes flying over the Acropolis or a Siberian ski assault against German lines, or German sub shooting up a British ship with its deck cannon, or Pearl Harbor going up in flames with no Ben Afflick. never seen anything like it. Amazing. I had no idea film cameras were that common among the soldiery.
    Yes I saw it all, the footage is good although there is a lot of other really good footage out there as well which few people have seen. Although I did not really like the commentary at times since it was either not informative enough or the same old story which we already heard, honestly I didn't hear anything new.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    It's Renegatz

My guess would be on swordofjanak as that's the name you had back in the Coloseum.