Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

anyone being to Philippine before? I found it rather odd that they have lots of people in malls even during work hours, and restaurants stay open in the entire afternoon! Are they jobless or too rich for working??

Also they don't seem to have local cows for milk. All milk products are imported from Europe and extremely expensive like $4 per liter! How are they supposed to drink it while only earning half of our salary?!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    anyone being to Philippine before? I found it rather odd that they have lots of people in malls even during work hours, and restaurants stay open in the entire afternoon! Are they jobless or too rich for working??

Also they don't seem to have local cows for milk. All milk products are imported from Europe and extremely expensive like $4 per liter! How are they supposed to drink it while only earning half of our salary?!
    >not getting local milk
    Taiwan pls

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I thought the same thing when I was in Colombia. Everyone just hanging out in malls all day long, do they not have jobs?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

well I believe its a fact for many countries, not only Philippines: there always some people wander about while some other works hard..

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

nah . malls are empty during work hours in taiwan and that's why I only go there while others are working (flexible work time). But these people in Philippine look like well-to-do ones, have better dresses than average guys on street

I think the boring truth is that lots of people have days off during weekdays instead of weekends, and that lots of people's significant others are the breadwinners of the family so they don't have to work/much.
    Last edited by Inkie; August 04, 2015 at 11:08 PM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Filipinos are seamen and the like, and seamen have 24/7 work for a few week then 0/7 work for a few weeks. A lot of filipinos work in foreign countries fleets, like in Norway Others just have different jobs, like waiters

Double A's Avatar person man

Posts Per Day 8.46

god this used to be like 12
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Even during the glory days mine never reached further than 5.

You can still easily consider yourself well-endowed.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I just saw it again! every time I went to restaurant here there are some pairs of flippino girl and old white man. Why don't they pick better mates suitable to their age? Those girls are hot by all standards and surely they wouldn't lack pursers!

Because money?

Double A's Avatar person man

Because grandchildren?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

based on my experience in taiwan, old men seeking foreign young wives instead of normal relationship are just poor dirty weirdos which nobody likes.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I just saw it again! every time I went to restaurant here there are some pairs of flippino girl and old white man. Why don't they pick better mates suitable to their age? Those girls are hot by all standards and surely they wouldn't lack pursers!
    You are like Maximus the II, in not understanding basic things about how the world works. See the old white man wants a pretty young girl to screw aka "trophy wife" and the filipino girl wants money, a western lifestyle and moving away from her fishing village. Perfect match.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

but they can pick younger white men as well! or blacks or Koreans (there are lots of Koreans of all ages)

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Younger rich white men don't have to go to the Philippines to get a trophy wife, they go to eastern Europe.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

based on my experience in taiwan, old men seeking foreign young wives instead of normal relationship are just poor dirty weirdos which nobody likes.
    But deep down almost every man is just a little bit jealous. Like we'd say no if some hot Asian chick would throw herself at us when we're 80 and single.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Thanks I need that image of a wrinkly old lecherous .

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

but they can pick younger white men as well! or blacks or Koreans (there are lots of Koreans of all ages)
    No idea about Koreans, but younger white and black men are perceived as not having as much money, are generally less malleable, less generous, more controlling and sexually demanding, and (if things get serious) are less likely to pop their clogs and leave their heartbroken widows as extremely wealthy, attractive, single young people with the world at their feet.

@Pasan to be fair, Max has an excuse because of his age.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm spending the weekend with a few pals at a friend's family's cottage up in the mountain. Only now the father of said friend has imposed a no alcohol rule as a condition of going. I mean, we're 23-24 year olds who have proven ourselves to be responsible drinkers. We're not underage kids who are going to get drunk and wreck the place. And despite the fact we're driving ourselves up there, his father is still going to make the two hour trip separately just to meet us at the cottage and hand over the keys. I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on doing bag inspections. There's nothing stopping us from just buying stuff in town when he's gone, but it kind of me that he wants to treat us like children.
    Last edited by Niles Crane; August 05, 2015 at 09:00 PM.