Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

I thought it was pretty fun when I saw it. Will certainly see it again when it becomes available wherever.

However I feel it was slightly eclipsed by other movies this year like Mad Max and Kingsman because it was not really anything very original or surprising in the movie. More like you feel like getting back together with old friends or something. Also that wierd side plot with thor and the bathtub was a bit clunky. But overall a good time at the cinema.

The only thing that really surprised me was Ultron. I was expecting Terminator: Superhero edition and got an actual flawed personality instead.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Finally managed to see it. Felt kind of underwhelming when compared with the previous movie, particularly the threat Ultron posed. Writing wasn't particularly great either. Even Ultron didn't seem to have a decent idea of what he was intending to do until half-way through the movie. The acting was great though
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    Finally managed to see it. Felt kind of underwhelming when compared with the previous movie, particularly the threat Ultron posed. Writing wasn't particularly great either. Even Ultron didn't seem to have a decent idea of what he was intending to do until half-way through the movie. The acting was great though
    When your first intended method of destruction gets ripped out from under you...
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I loved it.

SPOILERS!

Cons:
    - Black Widow/Hulk romance didn't really work.
    - Quicksilver's death doesn't really work, because we didn't have enough time with him to get to like him. Also, didn't really like his actor. Jarvis' "death" was a lot more effective.
    - The climactic final battle is too drawn out and long. This was also a problem with the first Avengers movie.
    - Hawkeye's big speech to Wanda was kinda cheesy.
    - Thor was kinda pushed to the side.
    - Some of the debate scenes were too short. I blame this entirely on the studio, BTW.
    - I didn't love Vision's look.
    - Nick Fury felt a bit tacked on, and a bit too "fatherly", although it's always great seeing him.
    - Screw Thanos. At this point, I just want him to DO something already, or GTFO.

Pros:
    - Ultron was AWESOME. I have no idea how people here think he "wasn't a threat", people are nuts. He was a LOT more threatening than Loki (who was pretty much just a pathetic kid with a few nice toys. Which is something that that movie acknowledged, of course). He was also extremely entertaining, and very sympathetic (Well, as sympathetic as an insane psycopathic killer robot can be), and very intriguing. James Spader is incredible. Ultron is probably my favorite Marvel villain yet (Not that he has a very tough competition, but still).
    - Vision was great. I didn't like his custome, but the writing and performance were terrific, and he was a Deus-ex-machina that actually makes perfect sense.
    - This film had even more humor than the first one, and the humor was even better. Screw GotG, THIS was the funniest Marvel film yet.
    - Tony Stark was more interesting than ever. I wish we would have gotten more time to see what made him make the decisions he made, but they still made a lot of sense for his character, and every second we got with him was just fascinating.
    - The Stark/Banner friendship is hilarious and adorable.
    - The Hulkbuster/Hulk fight was the best "Avenger vs. Avenger" fight yet.
    - Hawkeye finally makes sense as part of the group.
    - The dream sequences were great, and made the film feel a lot more refreshing, and less generic. More please.
    - The party scene is perfection.
    - I loved the various Biblical metaphores, and the overall existential theme of the movie.
    - The Cap/Tony interactions made me extremely excited for Civil War.
    - There were no stupid, cheesy outer-space scenes this time.

Overall, I'd say that the first 'Avengers' film had a better second half, but 'AOU' had a better first half. I get the criticisms people have about this film, but I feel they're blowing them way out of proportion. This was still one of the best Marvel films.
    Last edited by Your Lame Sister; September 07, 2015 at 03:56 AM.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've been rewatching it, not as great as I remember it (especially after Ant Man) but its still really enjoyable. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes, and I can definitely tell that Whedon is done. Glad the people doing Cap 2-3 are doing the final Avengers movies.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Honestly I think this movie sucked. The villain was pathetically underwhelming, the action sequences weren't all that entertaining, the twins were slam slotted in there, weird romance. All in all, if I had paid money to see it, I would have felt bad.