Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Age of Ultron

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Avengers: Age of Ultron

Teaser trailer released:

Looks incredible

Great repurposing of the Pinocchio song by Disney.
    Last edited by the_mango55; October 22, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Default Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

So we got some Hulk Buster armor in there. Looks like some Hawkeye/Black Widow background too.

Citizen

Andy Serkis in the trailer at 1:33. I knew he was hired as a motion capture acting coach for Ruffalo but I wonder what his live action character is?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Damn You beat me to it.

This is pretty much all I'm gonna allow myself seeing before it hits the theaters. For now everything seems ok I just wish Ultron sounded a bit more metallic and "robotic" and had a motionless mouth.

Other then that I'm slightly worried they are taking the "dark sequel" way with the villain narrating, but Marvel didn't really did this except IM3 so I'l give it a pass, and besides they were really never breaking new grounds in movie making (except the shared universe) they just use the establish tools very effectively.

EDIT: After re watching the trailer over and over, I really have to take back my remark about Ultron's face, the more I watch it the more I get ing scarred, there is something really intimidating and uncomfortable about it. Though the Motinless mouth would have still been awesome.

Oh and the Pinochio reference is so bloody awesome.

However the dark sequel teaser is still bugging me, it's so Star Trek Into Darkness, Dark Knight Rises and other ones, I just wish there was a bit more originality in that regard.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 22, 2014 at 09:40 PM.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I saw the leaked trailer earlier and I'm glad to see they released it officially.

Looks freaking awesome.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Citizen

For anyone wondering about the song/what people are talking about with the Pinocchio references:

Avengers 2 trailer features a heavily distorted version of this song.
    ttt

I guess it's a metaphor of how Ultron has no "limitations" practically or morally. Very neat for a blockbuster.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Other then that I'm slightly worried they are taking the "dark sequel" way with the villain narrating, but Marvel didn't really did this except IM3 so I'l give it a pass, and besides they were really never breaking new grounds in movie making (except the shared universe) they just use the establish tools very effectively.
    You know, I'm fine with it, if the route they are going for is "The Empire strikes back" of the cinematic universe. This movie looks amazing.

Comes Domesticorum

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with comics or superheroes and that sort of thing, but I wish the big blockbusters would stop being comic-book movies. Like, okay, this looks decent, and I've watched the other comic book movies because apparently that's what adults do nowadays and they were okay too, but it's just...endless comic book movies.

Protector Domesticus

I rather enjoy them, they are fun to watch and have an established universe around them to explore once the movie is done or in the case of the Avengers, more films to get into.
    Thats the problem with a lot of stand alone movies without a base to establish on, so many questions that will never be answered outside of silly fanfics or if you are lucky another movie or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with comics or superheroes and that sort of thing, but I wish the big blockbusters would stop being comic-book movies. Like, okay, this looks decent, and I've watched the other comic book movies because apparently that's what adults do nowadays and they were okay too, but it's just...endless comic book movies.
    Well until 2008 comic book movies were kind of a bit hit or miss. Arguably the best movies before Iron Man were X-Men 2 and Spiderman 2. And the cool thing about these ones is that they are building a universe. Before this they were all standalone movies that had no bearing on each other. But with the Marvel Cinematic Universe they are building an awesome universe with all stories more or less connected. The thing I love about the MCU is just its sheer size. Not even including the already released movies we have Agents of SHIELD, the upcoming Agent Carter series, the upcoming Daredevil series on Netflix in May (headed by Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight), three more Netflix series (Luke Cage, Powerman, and Jessica Jones), a Netflix miniseries called The Defenders that connects those four series, the short Marvel One Shots, and all of the upcoming movies. And they are all more or less planned in advance and all in the same universe. This is sort of thing comic fans have been waiting for for years. And as long as they are good quality then they can keep coming as far as I am concerned.

Then there are the other Marvel movies that are trying to build their own universes (Sony with Spiderman and Fox with X-Men). Not as good as the Avengers storyline but still kind of cool.

There's also the DC universe. I'm less excited about it but I am curious where it is going. The Justice League series of movies beginning with Man of Steel and then the unrelated Flash and Arrow-verse are pretty interesting.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I'm sticking with the MCU because it seems to be the one with the more solid foundations, other than that I'm pretty tired of comic book movies as a whole.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I kind of agree. Between Marvel, DC and Sony there's like 20 major comic book blockbusters planned before 2020.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I kind of agree. Between Marvel, DC and Sony there's like 20 major comic book blockbusters planned before 2020.
    And Fox. We have X-Men Apocalypse, Wolverine 3, and the Fantastic Four reboot coming up.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I wish they wouldn't make a third Wolverine, they're really killing the character.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    It's gonna be more like 40 by the time they are all out. 29 announced already and Marvel Studios (who makes the most) still hasn't announced any past 2018. 10 superhero movies in 2017 alone.

http://comicsalliance.com/supermovie...e-infographic/
    ttt

It wont happen.
    Over 40 DC & Marvel Movies Will Hit Theaters In The Next 6 Years
    http://screenrant.com/dc-marvel-movi...ule-2015-2020/

Honestly though, its not like they are forcing you to watch it or anything. From an audience point of view why do you care wich Movies are more profitable in hollywood anyway?

This is the DC schedule alone

• Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25th, 2016
    • Suicide Squad – August 5th, 2016
    • Wonder Woman - June 23rd, 2017
    • Justice League - November 17th, 2017
    • The Flash - March 23rd, 2018
    • Aquaman - July 27th, 2018
    • Shazam - April 5th, 2019
    • Justice League 2 - June 14th, 2019
    • Cyborg - April 3rd, 2020
    • Green Lantern - June 19th, 2020

Then there is the Justice league dark Del toro movie, as well Sandman ( this last in particular it can be real good, im a fan of justice league dark as well)
    Then there is marvel with their own schedule, same with Fox, and Sony...
    Honestly liking comic books or not, who cares? as long as they make good movies...

I wish they wouldn't make a third Wolverine, they're really killing the character.
    Nah they wont, he probably come back in the future, re-casted tough, or rebooted. I know its based on the dead of wolverine comic book series... but lets be honest... wolverine has died many, plenty of times.
    I have no doubt it will be the last film of hugh jackman as wolverine though.

I rather enjoy them, they are fun to watch and have an established universe around them to explore once the movie is done or in the case of the Avengers, more films to get into.
    Thats the problem with a lot of stand alone movies without a base to establish on, so many questions that will never be answered outside of silly fanfics or if you are lucky another movie or two.
    Regarding the marvel model, they are only doing to film what the american comic books have been doing for 60 or 70 years... with the cross overs, and the ensemble pieces etc.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 23, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

yeah it goes something like this

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Might be flooding the market, but man, do I want to see an awesome Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight. And Iron man going down, guy's got too much positive PR (outside universe) now

Hell, I want an Avengers vs the Hulk film. People who don't follow comics in general are forgetting just how much of a danger a guy like the Hulk is, or just how powerful Thor is with all these buddy buddy films where everyone gets their 5 minutes and is the bestest and coolest.
    You need to show us how Captain America knows he's out of his depths physically and turns into a tactician; how guys like Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel are a danger to everyone around them when they really let loose.
    But I want a lot of things and we don't need a rant here

edit: How and why does UP have Namor? Damn shame he's not in Marvel's hands
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Since Cap 3 apparently features Iron Man, or at least Tony Stark, prominantly, it might just end up like that, with Ultron being the catalyst.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast