Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Canadian Parliament - multiple shooters/shootings

Default Re: Shooting in Canadian Parliament - multiple shooters/shootings

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    The leader of sharia for Belgium is on trial now he can get jailed for max. 15 years, the others 5 or less.
    If they come free will they become hippies? I think not!
    Our legal systems have to deal with the fact that death penalty has been abolished in most western countries and prison for life is not a reality.
    Then shall we stand for our principles to not lower ourselves to the level of these people or be practical and cynical and do as a french politician recently proposed: "offer them free vacations in Egypt since they will know what to do with them."

The more I am seeing and reading in the media it looks like this is a case of a mental unstable individual motivated by being rejected for a passport to travel to Libya (note Libya, not Turkey or Syria). I hope that Despot Harper does not try and spin this as a terrorist attack motivated by "radicalized islam." This attack, imo, is no different than any mental unstable individual in the past. For example the stabbings in BC earlier this year or the gunman that held hostages in Toronto several years ago. It just happens that this one was a islamic convert who had a father that fought in Libya. Until I see conclusive proof that he was religiously motivated I completely reject the idea of a terrorist attack.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Libya is currently expierencing their own little civil war with Islamist militias. He may have not been going to Syria or Turkey, but he very much could have been going to Libya to join the Islamists fighting there.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Libya is currently expierencing their own little civil war with Islamist militias. He may have not been going to Syria or Turkey, but he very much could have been going to Libya to join the Islamists fighting there.
    Not denying that, but people are already trying to make a connection to ISIS because he wanted to travel to Libya. While there are ISIS affiliated jihadist groups in Libya it is a difficult link to prove with the wish to travel to Libya. Travel to Turkey... well that is a different story.

His father fought in Libya as late as 2011 so I have to assume he was planning on going to fight there as well. That being said that does not mean he was a radicalized "kill all westerners" jihadi. It is just as likely that he wanted to fight for pro-western militias and he was angered over the restriction of travel and wanted to get revenge on the government that denied his passport due to his mental instability.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; October 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think Islamo-Habism has been growing for a while now, and now they are starting to carryout dramatic terrorist attacks.
    Last edited by Sphere; October 24, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

This picture got to me.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Have you ever wondered why these converts misunderstand their religion in precisely the same way? I mean if this had nothing to do with Islam and was misunderstander Islam, why would a new convert believe that it had anything to do with Islam? We see a number of converts involved in terror plots - where do they get the same misunderstanding of Islam from?
    I'm not making any claims about Islam though, just that its unlikely this was a planned by anyone beyond the gunman.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I'm not making any claims about Islam though, just that its unlikely this was a planned by anyone beyond the gunman.
    How much planning did this take anyway? I'm pretty sure i could come up with a plan for more terror than this guy did in 10 minutes, even limiting myself to military/government targets. This guy just went to the government center and started shooting whoever he saw that has a uniform. Hardly genial...

&quot;Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil.&quot;
    Stewie, Family Guy

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Lord of Nihilism's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    Unfortunately, you are entirely incorrect. His father is Libyan and his mother is a Québécoise francophone, hence his last name being Bibeau and the fact that he was born and raised in Montreal...

edit: Just saw an interview on CBC with Cpl Cirillo's best friend, a young Muslim man. Can't imagine the pain felt when your best friend is killed (possibly) in the name of your religion by some lunatic.
    No, you're utterly wrong. He was born Micheal Joseph Hall but later changed his name to Micheal Zehaf Bibeau, so there's no question in my mind that he was English and belonged to your group of people.

Comes Domesticorum

This picture got to me.
    Yeah, it's a strong image. Not really accurate once you think about it, but still.

Davius's Avatar Senator

Another adherent of peacefulness attacks a NYC cop and is killed. But no way is there a pattern:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1986006

trance's Avatar Vicarius

This picture got to me.
    Me too, but the soldier ran over earlier in the week should probably also figure in the drawing...

Anyway, please do consider that all of the perpetrators have been solitaries with previous altercations with the law with clear implications of mental issues. I'm not saying they weren't affected by their choice of religion, but I'd like to point out that they didn't have any connections to known terrorist organizations. I'm glad they get themselves killed, and of course mourn the servicemen and law enforcement officers affected, but the crimes have more in common with copycat actions than that of organized terror.

One of a few more reasons why Canada would have been better off without America/Israel dragging us into pointless and unwinnable conflicts with muslim countries, thus turning us into a target for religious extremists.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    One of a few more reasons why Canada would have been better off without America/Israel dragging us into pointless and unwinnable conflicts with muslim countries, thus turning us into a target for religious extremists.
    as if they would have left Canada, a Western nation, alone had they stayed out. what you wrote is exactly the type of response those jihadist loons want the public to have.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    as if they would have left Canada, a Western nation, alone had they stayed out. what you wrote is exactly the type of response those jihadist loons want the public to have.
    "Jihadist loons" are only a symptom of the disease, that is stemming from Pentagon.

As if Canada gets 'dragged' into anything kicking and screaming. People can't get over the fact that the country chose to be involved in the international scene.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    As if Canada gets 'dragged' into anything kicking and screaming. People can't get over the fact that the country chose to be involved in the international scene.
    Sadly our population is being brainwashed by the mainstream media, which is mostly pro-american. It chooses to ignore all the "inconvenient" subjects while trying to scare people with yet another foreign boogeyman. Although now that Harper basically sold Canada to China, things will probably change.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sadly our population is being brainwashed by the mainstream media, which is mostly pro-american. It chooses to ignore all the "inconvenient" subjects while trying to scare people with yet another foreign boogeyman. Although now that Harper basically sold Canada to China, things will probably change.

​Also, it's funny how you are implying that ISIS is not an international threat

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast