Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beard discussion

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: Beard discussion

I hate how I look with a moustache but I did recently go like 3 weeks without shaving my beard, other than maintaining and I ended up with a pretty decent well-maintained Amish look. My only problem is that for some reason the middle of my chin doesn't grow enough hairs or fast enough, so it ends up looking kind of crappy when it gets too long, so I shaved it and then realized I looked like I was suddenly four. Oddly enough, I have dark brown hair with some blondish highlights here and there, yet my beard starts growing a lot of light brown, blond and red hairs.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Oddly enough, I have dark brown hair with some blondish highlights here and there, yet my beard starts growing a lot of light brown, blond and red hairs.
    that's what I am afraid of when my own beard grows. I have dark brown hair, with some rare blond mixed in there, and I am afraid I will look shite since my moustache is dark brown, and the rest of my facial hair is blonde.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

I have problems with the middle section of my upper lip.
    Miss me yet?

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    I have problems with the middle section of my upper lip.
    Hmm, and here I thought that it would grow naturally there for you.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

My beard has always had little bald patches under my lip, just like a triangle right under my lip with like trapezoid shaped bare spot on either side and I kinda liked it but suddenly after 16 years of existence my beard decides it now wants to connect my moustache to my beard and fill the cheek side of the bare spot in so my beard looks like everyone else's now. I am disappoint but I guess I could keep it shaved how it used to be
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Hmm, and here I thought that it would grow naturally there for you.
    Nah. I am like reverse Hitler.
    Miss me yet?

young girls like shaved guys. Older women, I mean over 30, 35, can like more mature looking men, with beards included very often.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    young girls like shaved guys. Older women, I mean over 30, 35, can like more mature looking men, with beards included very often.
    No man can understand women, that's a rule. What you say is lies! (just kidding)
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I'm always clean shaven these days.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

I keep it at 2-3 days old length, and trim it every once in a while. It's been months since I had a babysmooth chin.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Movember is coming up. I think I'll go with a military 1940's mustache this year.

Last year I had more of a horseshoe biker "neo-nazi" look going on so my mom said she'll disown me if I do that again.
    Last edited by Påsan; October 29, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros_Kalmpou View Post
    No man can understand women, that's a rule. What you say is lies! (just kidding)
    on my opinion is quite the opposite. Women are quite easy human beings to understand.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'm always clean shaven these days.
    I thought you'd rather do community service than join the army.

Haha, I'm not in the army. I dunno what I'll do when that time comes, probably do what most people dο :/ I heard community service involves doing some tedious job in the boonies. That said, considering that the army is just that, it'll depend on how long I have to do said community service.
    Last edited by Hobbes; October 29, 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'm a proud beard-bearer since more than 15 years now. In the past I had a shorther and narrower cut, while now I'm working to build up a thicker and wider beard.

Whatever will be your cut, it has to be keept clean. I trim it twice per week (formerly at 2 mm, now at 6) and I look great, pretty much a young Bud Spencer (for those who know him)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Haha, I'm not in the army. I dunno what I'll do when that time comes, probably do what most people dο :/ I heard community service involves doing some tedious job in the boonies. That said, considering that the army is just that, it'll depend on how long I have to do said community service.
    Nah just do the army. 9 months versus 17 months, and you'll be cleaning all the time in the army anyway. Plus you get much nicer pictures and experiences out of it than out of picking up trash in the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'm a proud beard-bearer since more than 15 years now. In the past I had a shorther and narrower cut, while now I'm working to build up a thicker and wider beard.

Whatever will be your cut, it has to be keept clean. I trim it twice per week (formerly at 2 mm, now at 6) and I look great, pretty much a young Bud Spencer (for those who know him)
    Indeed, there's a golden balance between a well-maintained beard and a too-well-maintained beard. I trim it about once a week at 4mm.

17 months sounds awful, definitely not doing that if that's the case.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

At least you're home and not sitting in some barracks full of strangers and officers.
    Also we could land sweet community service jobs in museum or a library. See if that's possible.
    Has signatures turned off.

You're not home, they send you out to some place, I think. You also get like 200€ for it, which you can't survive on.
    Last edited by Hobbes; October 30, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That sucks then, civilian service was in home town or nearby here, you could even chose where you'll work if you wanted.
    Conscription still existed when I was in age for it, but I wasn't fit for service for 6 years, and then before my third medical, conscription was ended.
    Has signatures turned off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast