Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is now fully released! To celebrate we have three game codes we're giving away! Head on over to the official thread now and enter for your chance to win.

For more information on Ultimate General: Gettysburg check out the dedicated forum right here at TWC. We also have an excellent First Impressions look by Gen. Chris from his beta experience. If you haven't seen it yet, go have a look. It's an excellent read!

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Woo Darth!
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Icon5 Can't edit my post in the Ultimate General:Gettysburg lottery thread

Not a big problem, but is it meant to be the case that I can't edit my post in THIS thread?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: Can't edit my post in the Ultimate General:Gettysburg lottery thread

ahh, I can't either, and just realised why you'd want to, due to miscount of posts versus applicants...

anyway not a big deal, and nice idea to do the draw

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I think I remember GED had a reason for turning off editing permissions. Don't worry about it in this instance. I'll be looking at the actual post count number and not what people put in their posts.

First time something I posted got moved IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    ahh, I can't either, and just realised why you'd want to, due to miscount of posts versus applicants... (...)
    Well spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    I think I remember GED had a reason for turning off editing permissions. Don't worry about it in this instance. I'll be looking at the actual post count number and not what people put in their posts.
    I'm not worried at all. Just thought I would mention it in case it was not intentional.

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg Lottery

I already own the game so I can just say: if you like TW's battles, if you like american civil war era, if you dont need a campaign map, OWN THIS GAME! The battles are exceedingly hardcore/realist and the AI will you up with its random bouts of genius/madness/floppy manoeuvers.

Recently added the multiplayer option, I tested it and its pretty stable and the battles between humans are as interesting as with the AI, + you can goad your opponents!

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't edit my post in the Ultimate General:Gettysburg lottery thread

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Not a big problem, but is it meant to be the case that I can't edit my post in THIS thread?
    I limited posting rights in the lotteries forum because the only thing you should really be posting there is that you are in on the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I limited posting rights in the lotteries forum because the only thing you should really be posting there is that you are in on the lottery.
    I can understand why you did this, but I think removing the edit function doesn't help much in that regard. People will probably not post more text just because they can edit. However if they made a mistake or wrote something they later wished they hadn't, they can't correct it.
    Even if somebody does insist on adding something to the thread that was not included in their original post, it would be better to edit it than to add an unwanted extra post. Removing the "Reply with quote" button would be more useful, I think.
    I will stop posting about this here since it has nothing to do with the game itself. Only did it in the first place because my original question was moved to here from the Q&S normal threads.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 25, 2014 at 04:53 AM.