Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HATRED!

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: HATRED!

Being PC exclusive isn't good or important news.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPoster View Post
    CONFIRMED PC EXCLUSIVE .
    Probably because Microsoft and Sony wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot stick.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Exclusivity is never good for anyone involved, be it the developer who get's less sells or the consumer who might not get the game on the system of their choice.

I think this game creating such a massive uproar is proof that people just shouldn't care. It's not the responsibility of everyone around you to tip toe around subjects you find difficult, if you can't deal with it get off the internet and lock yourself in a room somewhere. Censure is never a good way of dealing with anything and all it really does is create an unbalance. If this game was just left alone to be developed and released as most other games are, it would have gotten less coverage in onine games media and people would never have heard of it, so those who complained about it in the first place really just gave it more sales.

Not to say I'll play it, it really seems quite boring and uninteresting to me, but if someone wants to play it, why is it mine or anyone else's duty to say they can't?
    Last edited by Mhaedros; October 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Someone asked about mod support, developers yet to comment but people have voiced that mod support would be crucial for a game like HATRED.

Again the hostages topic has gone explosive but within the topic also includes some pretty nasty stuff like skinning people and the likes but again its up to the developers what they want. Players interested in the game want more features to kill people it seems a lot of posts have voiced that going around killing people would get boring pretty fast if theirs little choice of how to kill your targets.

It's actually the best news that HATRED stays on PC only because it can stay away from the consoles and not get censored and toned down features.

In another thread people asked about specifications and one guy not any admin or developer said "Maybe you should look to upgrade" ...

Possibly the game will be graphically intensive crossing fingers with it being a PC exclusive no drawbacks for consoles dragging PC behind.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Exclusivity is never good for anyone involved, be it the developer who get's less sells or the consumer who might not get the game on the system of their choice.
    Since consoles are technically inferior platforms I'll contenst that claim. You won't see a game remotely like Arma 3 on a console in the forseeable future, both in terms of scale and because that the default controls of a console is simply too limited... Yeah, I know you can properly plug in a keyboard and mouse but that kinda defeats the purpose, and most console users will never use such a combination anyway as they might as well be playing on a pc and get a better experience.

But I'll agree that Exclusivity isn't good for mainstream (casual) games.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You're right, there are of course special cases, like I doubt anyone would play a grand strategy Paradox game on a console either. For the most part my point is valid though, as most games can be ported over platforms with relative ease.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Straight from one of the developers.

A member asked ...

"Will the entire game be greyscale like the trailer?
    I see the explosions arent"

The Developers responded to him with ...

"The environment is greyscale but blood, explosions,fire, neons and things like police sygnal lights do have color. It's like colorig book but you paint the environment with blood and fire. It's grayscale when you come to the neightbourhood but colorfull when you leave".

Q2 2015 ...

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sounds like a game made by psychopaths for psychopaths.

Oh Common You of all people should be rather meh toward all these, we so way more violent games before.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I dont mind violence in games, but it needs to fit in some context. Many games are way too violent for their context already considering practicly always fights dont end untill your enemies are dead. And then you are encouraged to loot their corpses afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Sounds like a game made by psychopaths for psychopaths.
    It's made for intelligent people.

Just like those who enjoyed the postal series and manhunt series.
    Q2 2015 ...

Enjoying massive slaughter of innocents for the sake of it is now a sign of intelligence? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Enjoying massive slaughter of innocents for the sake of it is now a sign of intelligence? O_o
    Yep.

It's so alternative and anti-establishment. Only smart people can comprehend that.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I dont mind violence in games, but it needs to fit in some context. Many games are way too violent for their context already considering practicly always fights dont end untill your enemies are dead. And then you are encouraged to loot their corpses afterwards.
    Well if you enjoy killing masses of people, that's all the context you need.

That's basically why I love VG, it's because they should not have limits to limit your fun, whatever you find fun should be on a VG, there's simply no reason for it not to be there(except sales of course).

We don't know if this game will be even playable, just that their developers make use of cheap marketic ploys in order to boost their revenue.

Context makes the difference between sex-scenes in Witcher 2 and Ride to Hell: Retribution. If we simplify it; Intention + circumstances ~ accountable execution.
    If you deliberatly blur the lines between those, along the visualization of a suburban amok-shooting - you're attempting to be the Cannibal Holocaust of video games.

Even the often quoted example of Manhunt is at least pretending to have a meta-setup of a criminal protagonist, sentenced to death, yet saved by a crazy filmmaker who wants him to murder gang-members for new snuff-movies.

It's just so pathetically exploitiv about something so trivial and desensitized as killing people in video games.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPoster View Post
    It's made for intelligent people.

Just like those who enjoyed the postal series and manhunt series.
    No, no it isn't. Postal was comical in its execution, and Manhunt was about you killing psychopaths. This is just crude, with no real redeeming value.

Welll... we can look at a possible bright side. The next violent psychopath might satiate his bloodlust in this game instead of picking up a real gun.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

I'd play it.

Forget the rest of you guys, I need my psycho killing fix that isn't Postal or GTA.

Don't like the "Edgy" thing it has going, though

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Švejk View Post
    No, no it isn't. Postal was comical in its execution, and Manhunt was about you killing psychopaths. This is just crude, with no real redeeming value.
    What redeeming value? Why does it need one?

Some people just want to kill people for no reason in a video game. To them it's no different than killing solders, zombies, playing FIFA or building a civilization.

This will cause problems for the industry down the line. Its almost as if the developers want tougher censorship and set about developing a game that will ensure it.