Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg is finally... released!

Default Ultimate General: Gettysburg is finally... released!

After about 4 months in Early-Access, the game is now officially released. It has been a long journey and collaborating with all of you has been one of its most exciting steps.

Early-Access ends
    The Steam Early-Access program has been very beneficial to the project. Your reports defined what would make a great game. Your many positive reviews motivated us to respond with passion and dedication. Syncing with your requests assisted us in reaching our goal and bringing the game to release.

We are not only talking about bug fixes and necessary balances, but also new features that we added following your criticism and feedback. We wish we could add more, but development could not take longer and we believe that we’ve built a complete and innovative game. Nevertheless, we will continue to support Ultimate General: Gettysburg and we hope that you will enjoy it for a long time.

A Brief history of Ultimate General: Gettysburg’s development

The project starting taking shape around a year and a half ago. We announced it last July by explaining our main goals for the game features. In our developer blog, we frequently provided information for our progress. On 12/2/2014, Ultimate General: Gettysburg attempted to get Greenlit on Steam and after 8 days, it succeeded.

Before we enter the Early-Access phase, we needed to fix major inconsistencies, instabilities and bugs. For this reason, we invited more volunteer testers to assist us by play testing. The big time came on 12th June 2014 when we finally released the Early-Access version. You can read the full version history at this link.

We welcome new players
    Ultimate General: Gettysburg is the first released game title of Game-Labs. We tried to introduce many new and innovative features such as the unique movement gestures and the realistic line of sight and emphasized on tactics and AI. The battle of Gettysburg is one of the biggest and most important battles of American history. This is why we approached the design with extra care to historical accuracy and paid attention even to minor details that would mean a lot to everyone who is interested in American Civil War.

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is now available for Windows and Mac PC on Steam store. Soon it will be also available in MacOS store and other platforms.

We invite you to our main site to read and learn more about Ultimate General: Gettysburg:
    www.ultimategeneral.com

Although the gameplay is very easy to grasp, we made a handy guide to help you start playing:
    PDF Guide

If you want support or want to write your impressions about the game, then head to our forums:
    Steam Community
    Official Game-Labs forum

What comes next?
    We are going to continue to support Ultimate General: Gettysburg and in the meantime, will focus our efforts on the mobile releases, firstly for iPad. In parallel, we will work for future battles, possibly based on a different era as well. Thanks to your amazing support, the Ultimate General brand has successfully entered the strategy gaming world and is going to offer you more titles. Follow our progress and you will not be disappointed. Meanwhile we would appreciate if you review our game on metacritic and steam review section.

Many thanks, and have fun with our game,

The Game-Labs team

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg is finally... released!

Congratulations! I haven't played the game much since buying in during early access, but I will definitely be going to it first next time my Civil War itch needs to be scratched (can't be too long coming with a name like General Sherman hehehe).

I can't wait to buy it. Thank you for this awesome gift to mankind. May the all the epic 4, I mean 8chan memes bring you good fortune and strong bones.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

make a similar game for medieval era or ancient greece! please!!!

I find the routing and regrouping gameplay of this game to be very enjoyable and realistic. Combat is solid and the AI seems to function properly.
    Lack of a campaign is understandable in this setting but still something you might want to consider in future Ultimate General games you are thinking of making.

Hey Darth are you thinking in future in making a game of this type with a grand campaign? Would be great! Best of luck in your new work.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

CONGRATULATIONS!

UG:G offered some of the best, richer and more tactical battles I've played in strategy games. And Darth's game gave me that even before the latest patches that I've been unable to test.
    I believe this may be one of the best battle strategy games out and at such a low price that it is a total bargain!

It takes just a couple of minutes to learn how to use the very user-friendly game but that doesn't mean you can beat it easily. The AI should not be underestimated.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 18, 2014 at 12:25 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Great News! Hope an Android Version will come soon...

Bought it very early on, good fun.

Make a Napoleonic game next!
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Thank you all!

You can use this thread for feedback if you want. We support the game and continuously improve it based on your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    Make a Napoleonic game next!
    Or a part of the battle of the Somme! Like the first 20 days or something. In such a large battle, it could be easier to "speed up" the meter so that 20 days take about as much as 4 days in Gettysburg. Or so I think. It's not that armies moved far after all.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I can't win the first battle.
    10/5
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

You could do many modifications typical for that period including French-German and Austro-Prussian wars. And maybe also big map of France and operational level of maneuvering with corps and walking in the dark, gathering scarce information with your forward scouting cavalry divisions and brigades.

Battles of Gravelotte St. Privat and Sedan are very interesting. Maybe the sandbox variant with grand campaign is better?

Huge strategic and operational space and army corps maneuvering through French forests, rivers and hills.

If I don't get a Battle of Shiloh I'm gonna be pissed

It's really cool, although it's hard to judge how high the terrain is, which makes the artillery placement somewhat random (for me at least); I don't seem to see the name of the important points in the tactical map (when planning where to attack); on the battle map the name of the ridges, hills etc. is also hard to see. There should be an option, which highlights those names and highlights the terrain - different color for different height f.e. - but other than that, It's an awesome game (although the terrain height issue really annoys me).

There is an elevation map already....

The elevation map is not enough for me. I'd prefer different colors maybe or more numbers to indicate height.

Nah, it would clog the very pretty image IMO.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So buying this come pay day!
    Would love to see a WWI game with some grande strategy elements!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now make the next one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast