Thread: Meet the Team Members and Contributors of AE

Default Meet the Team Members and Contributors of AE

Team Members
    Username/TWC Profile: Petellius
    Title/Role: DB Editor/Unit Balancing/Combat Design
    Steam Workshop
    Petellius is the creator of the LoTN mod which created a more realistic and authentic battle system for Rome II and who will be joining us to do the same. His primary focus will be unit balancing and tactical mechanics, but he is a versatile modder who will also contribute in other areas to include basic DB editing. We are glad to have him on board as he has some ambitious plans to make Rome II's battles the best of any Total War game to date.

Username/TWC Profile: Sheridan/Philip
    Title/Role: Unit Balancing/Combat Design and Unit Coordinator
    Steam Workshop
    The creator of the Para Bellum battle overhaul and several other mod projects, Sheridan will be working with Petellius to design the battle mechanics of Antiqua Imperium. He has worked on just about every facet of battles and will be learning how to do animation work with Petellius in order to create the most authentic and immmersive battles possible in a video game.

Username/TWC Profile: UMCenturion
    Title/Role: UI and 2D
    Steam Workshop
    UMCenturion is the creator of our User Interface, and does most of the 2D art for the mod such as our unit cards done in his unique and personalized style (see his Steam Workshop for samples). He made the first complete UI overhaul for Attila for this mod to include breakdowns based on culture, and helps on textures and shield decals, as well. He is one of the core members of the team and absolutely indispensible. See his UI preview thread for examples of his work.

Username/TWC Profile: [ESP] Lucio Boreno | Cpt. Cortez (Steam and TWC forum name)
    Title/Role: Unit Creation, DB/Startpos editing
    Steam Workshop
    Lucio is an experienced and versatile modder who will be focusing primarily on unit creation for our mod; primarily writing new variantmeshdefinitions. In the past, he has done his own unit reskins mod (see his Steam workshop linked above), and he currently also works on the Eras of Rome mod; an overhaul project for Rome 2 that will attempt to take the player through important periods of Roman history through a series of campaigns while adding in new units, campaign features, and buildings. In the future with us he will be working on our Seleucid roster overhaul.

Username/TWC Profile: William
    Title/Role: Unit Creaion, 3D Work.
    Steam Workshop
    William works on creating units to include models and new textures. He is an experience modder with a number of unit overhauls under his belt. In addition to creating units, he helps to flesh out culture-specific details for the campaign elements to help bring a unique playing experience for the new factions in this mod. He is a versatile modder with an assortment of skills.

Username/TWC Profile: Mithias
    Title/Role: Researcher
    TWC Profile
    Mithias is a quiet contributor to our mod who has already made vital contributinos. He has an academic background that gives him thorough knowledge of the Hellenistic and Roman periods, and will assist us in creating the most historically authentic depiction of the ancient world as possible in in a TW game. He has helped construct a unit roster for the Seleucids that we hope to be able to showcase in the coming months. With his feedback, we have been able to correct some of the finer details of our units.

Username/TWC Profile: CrypticOutcast
    Title/Role: Campaign
    Steam Profile
    CrypticOutcast is another new modder who joined our team out of enthusiasm for the project. He has shown a willingness to learn and work on different areas where needed to include learning to script and DB editing.

Username: ipwnu678
    Title/Role: Shield decals, Misc tasks
    Steam Profile
    Dark Centurion is a modder working with us on our historical legions, updating the shields of the units in the Caesar's Legions mod. He has done a good deal of research to produce historically authentic shields for all the legions. He has shown a willingness to assist on other tasks, as well.

Contributors/Collaborators
    Contributors/Collaborators
    Noif
    Title/Role: 2D Art
    Steam Workshop
    Noif is a prolific modder who has done quite a bit of new faction icons for both Rome 2 and Attila. He granted us permission to make use of his work in our mod, and they were essential to completing our emergent faction concept. He did this at a time when our mod was still small and relatively unknown, and we can't thank him enough for the permission. His work has been featured in our emergent faction preview, and you have probably seen glimpses of it in the Youtube videos and such.

Legionaire Army Mod / Attila/Little Legionaire's Army Mod
    The Legionaire mod provided the core material from which most of our units were made. Shield designs and helmets are largely a product of their work. We can't thank this mod enough. Without their generosity, our unit creation would be far behind where it is. If you play their mod, you will notice a strong influence on what is seen below.

GaC does high quality texture work, and has kindly granted us permission to make use of it our mod. His work has allowed us to greatly increase the variety in our units with a large number of new linothoraxes to go with new elephant towers and blankets. We will continue to work the textures he has provided us into our future work.

Melcor
    Title/Role: 2D Art
    Steam Workshop
    Melcor is the creator of the Romani UI mod and worked on the Haegemonia overhaul mod. He will be working on 2D artwork for the mod to include UI features and textures. We are very glad to have him on board.

Daruwind / Steam Workshop
    Title: DB Editing/Resource Development
    Daruwind is a modder who focuses primarily on DB editing. In the past he has released mods that tweaked naval mechanics and created more in-depth victory conditions. However, his primary focus is a complete overhaul of the game's resource system based on the Meaningful Resources mod. He will release his own standalone project that will add a number of changes to buildings separate from our work, but his work will be integrated into Antiqua Imperium and is vital to the project. He is a very knowledgeable modder who is also great to bounce ideas off of. We are very happy to have him on board and helping us.

Junaidi83 is the creator of the Better Aggressive CAI mod, and has graciously given us permission to incorporate his work into our mod. His CAI mod has become one of, if not the most popular CAI mods and I highly recommend making use of his work. His mod lives up to its billing and we are very pleased to be able to include it. We could not have done a better job ourselves.

Username/TWC Profile: DrakeB22
    Title/Role: CAI
    Steam Workshop
    DrakeB22 is another modder who has given us permission to use his CAI work for our mod. His mod combined and modified the work of Junaidi83, Mitch's Guaranteed Major Factions script, and the Better Recruitment mod (all concepts that we hope to incorporate into our own overhaul). It is fully compatabile with DeI, CAC, and Radius for Rome 2.

Username/TWC Profile: Ghsi011
    Title: DB Editing
    Steam Workshop
    Ghsi is the creator of his own overhaul, The Great Revolt of 69 AD, and has been assisting us with research and creating more variety in names to include the creation of new culture groups (such as for the Mauryans, splitting up Celtic/Iberian etc.) and will hopefully assist with some DB tasks in the future.

This poster provided much of the information used to construct our Iberian unit roster. He took time to collect the relevant information from various sources and send it to me. It was thorough and incredibly useful. Without the information, the thorough unit rosters I have planned wouldn't be possible.

Username/TWC Profile: Hloeric
    Title: 2D Art/Textures/Forum Moderator
    Steam Workshop
    Hloeric is the creator of the Romanorum Acies which modifies the underlying textures used by the Romans. His primary focus is to overhaul the underlying look of the game/re-texture it (a long term, time-consuming project) in a detail oriented manner and with a focus on quality. While units have been his main focus, he is very capable at all texture work and is already working on a number of other aspects of the game which I won't reveal quite yet, but which I think will please a lot of people he's ready to discuss it publicly.

Username/TWC Profile: Moonflower
    Title/Role: Unit editor, researcher, writer
    Moonflower's New Carthage General Variants (DeI Submod)
    Moonflower has allowed us to make use of his Carthaginian general overhaul made for originally for DeI.

Username/TWC Profile: Night_Hunter
    Title: 2D Art
    Steam Workshop
    Night_Hunter will be assisting us with graphical work going forward. In particular, he will be helping with faction icons and banners. His role may expand going forward.

Username/TWC Profile:
    Gustave
    Title/Role: Made Carthaginian shields used in our overhaul
    Gustave is a member of the Europa Barbarorum II who released and updated his shield designs for Rome II. His work has been included in our overhaul of Carthage.
    Last edited by ABH2; April 22, 2016 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Meet the Team Members and Contributors of AE

I've updated this to include a few new members/contributors. Junaidi83 and DrakeB22 both granted us permission to make use of their CAI work. I can't really thank either of them enough and I hope to feature their work in a preview a bit more prominently in the future for those unfamiliar with it.

We've had some other full time members join the team. Moonflower will be assisting us with writing variantmeshdefinitions/unit creation along with some other tasks. Ghsi011 was also added to the list, though he's been assisting us for a bit longer.

If anyone is interested in joining the team, please feel free to PM me or message me on Steam so we can discuss things further. There are a number of areas we could use help in still.

Needs to be updated with Lucio.

List is updated to reflect recent additions and changes. Some names are left off for the time being, some have been re-categorized.

List has been updated to reflect the current status of the team. Some new people added, some removed, and contributors fleshed out more. If someone is not on the list who feels they should be, please contact me. I probably just forgot.

Thank you all

is this still the team??

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Many have come and gone, but the core are still a part of it.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Do you think I can join as a campaign tester? Yeah I am quite excited to play the campaign but I do still mean I can do some dedicated testing where I'm told what to test. I'm an experienced TW player with good historical knowledge. I can make sure buildings, units and events have the right effects, etc. And check various areas of bugs or unintended adverse effects. I would love to do this for the AE team even for future patches, not just this release. I offer my allegiance!