Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viking Conquest DLC

Default Re: Viking Conquest DLC

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,319843.0.html
    This man figuered it out..now they can fix that (I think)
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Armagan said:

This was our first release as an independent developer and apparently we still have a long way to go and much to learn. I want to apologize to our players and especially the Brytenwalda team for this problematic release. It was our duty as Taleworlds and of course my duty as the manager to make this release as smooth and satisfactory as possible. Unfortunately we failed in this. However, I want everyone to rest assured that we will work very hard in the coming days together with the Byrtenwalda team to fix all the problems and make sure that players will get a great gaming experience and fully enjoy Viking Conquest's innovative features and excellent storyline.
    A lesson well-learned. They launched this DLC too early, if you ask me. The Brytenwalda team should have released VC as an Early Access title instead, that way there would have been fewer complaints about the product. Even so, it's hard to bear a grudge against a company who supports its products for years after the official release. Sometimes the people in charge of Taleworlds come across as noobs/rookies, but I don't think they're money grubbers. And the fact that they're willing to admit their guilt is definitely a plus in my opinion.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; December 17, 2014 at 07:04 AM.

A 230 MB patch was released yesterday - and it has made the game a bit more stable for me. Still, I remember to save game every few minutes just in case.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I had a quest to defend a fort for a month. We had 200 strong army holding a bridge, while the enemy sent 1000 men on the 3rd day. Another army of 200, then 300, 200 and finally a force of 1000 more men, but we brave 200 manage to hold the fort for 30 days. It was epic. <3 franks, old captain, svear, veterans, my medic, etc. <3 Each frankish horseman killed about 50 of theirs. http://imgur.com/gcsgyvo,fYWdgpy,LDL...xRSRYA,TV2pa55
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

nice storyline?
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Did they improve the combat a bit?

My main annoyance about M&B has always been that enemies are all up in your face no matter what weapon they wield, causing you to be unable to swing yours. Makes sense if the enemies use a knife but if they use a sword or axe they'd have enough range to not need to get so close.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I really wanted to like this.. I just dont. Everything is so.. ugly.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Armagan said:

A lesson well-learned. They launched this DLC too early, if you ask me. The Brytenwalda team should have released VC as an Early Access title instead, that way there would have been fewer complaints about the product. Even so, it's hard to bear a grudge against a company who supports its products for years after the official release. Sometimes the people in charge of Taleworlds come across as noobs/rookies, but I don't think they're money grubbers. And the fact that they're willing to admit their guilt is definitely a plus in my opinion.
    The fact that Taleworlds admits screwing up here and that it isn't acceptable makes them, imo, way better than what Creative Assembly could ever hope to aspire to.

Protector Domesticus

Great fun, my only issue is that i seem to get stuck on the storyline campaign, mainly with a lack of good troops as training take forever and issues with transporting troops across water to hostile lands.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think most issues I've had with this mod is now fixed in the beta that was released a few days ago. This basically fixes sea travel, improves AI sea travel, fps drops, etc.

​~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

So I hear the FPS has improved a lot?... Still, I won't buy it untill some major overhauls have been made regarding the visual appeal, which just isn't there for me despite I love the setting (and there is a good enough Steam sale)

Protector Domesticus

Looks fine to me for a mount and blade game.

My game seems to stutter a bit when traveling on the ocean and when in the middle of a cluster of troops but otherwise FPS seems fine atm.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

I like the DLC, but it needs some improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Hetman Khmelnytsky View Post
    I like the DLC, but it needs some improvement
    What kind of improvement? The game is great. It's got everything you expect from a M&B mod, except the fact that it has a price tag.
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Protector Domesticus

I haven't played a great deal of it but from what i can remember a few factions could do with some better unit trees, namely Frisia.
    Plus it has the old issue of occasional OP enemy spawns in some areas that can end you early on and the Tournament system is still rather dodgy.

If i played longer im sure i could find a lot more that could be improved on :p

Edit: OOooo also need expanded back story options something that practically every game has lacked in.
    Primarily it lacks a full peasant option, you can choose a few farmer style options but one section lacks any of said farmer options so i often find myself as a farmer turned slave.... really they should have a set of fleshed out options that allow you a consistent backstory.
    Last edited by SLN445; February 11, 2015 at 07:27 AM.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I really wanted to like this.. I just dont. Everything is so.. ugly.
    This.
    Ugly and dull.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Here is a shieldwall battle from viking conquest.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Nice one, is this against AI or another player .

The Game is now staple after the 1.03 Patch i believe, mind the Slingshot problem ?, or is it just me copy ?.
    Last edited by TheBlackTower; March 04, 2015 at 07:14 AM.
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

That was just a single player battle against the Ai, the game is pretty stable and a new patch should be coming out soon that fixes the sling issue.

Version 1.4 out now, available as a beta.
    Change log so far:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

###NEW:###

-Added new MP mode: Warlords
    -Added shield bash
    -Added the option to leave a battle and win it when every enemy is running away
    -Added hair underneath helmets
    -Added multiple entry points for towns
    -Added the possibility of your refuge being attacked
    -Added info to inform player how the horse can be called
    -Added option to switch off shield bash
    -Added surgery skill system
    -Added a maximum to troops in refuge
    -Added traits to ship battles
    -Added traits for jarls
    -Long axes are 1- and 2-handed axes now
    -Added unique 2-handed-axes
    -Added thunderstorm always with rain
    -Added the ability to train your soldiers in your lair using either normal or alternative upgrade routes
    -Added a higher risk for axes to break while blocking (wood shaft)
    -Added the ability to improve relations with faction lords by giving them gifts
    -Added the ability to release a prisoner for potential honor gain or loss
    -Added the ability to ask your prisoner lords to convert to your religion for freedom
    -Added the ability to execute a prisoner
    -Added the ability to hire your prisoners one by one
    -Added the ability to put together a band of masterless men out of your prisoners and send them to fight one of your enemies, or raid his village (one-time event)
    -Added standard bearers and hornmen to troops tree
    -Added new scene props
    -Added throwing spears and Ragnar's Seax to the character model when they are equipped
    -Added the option to attack a village that belongs to a faction you are not at war with
    -Added the possibility to split your fleet
    -Added coastal assault for Dorestad
    -Added feature to embark and disembark together with your lords from any location if you are marshal
    -Added new features to right click on one's own fleet to find the nearest landing point if one is next to the coast
    -Added mutiny
    -Added new improvements for castle: church and brewery
    -Added ability to send your companions on relation improvement trips (with various outcomes)
    -Added new lady quests to improve relations with all ladies (not just unmarried ones)
    -Added lords quests
    -Added new scenes: Bal Dara, Bal Magh, Dorce Ham, Middels Ham, Oxena Ham, Ham Ham, Tref Erth, Tref Reghed, Donne Ham and Vebjorg. New multiplayer scene replacing Forest Hideout
    -Christian priests now travel from monastery to monastery instead of patrolling
    -The Norse now don't use slings
    -Now you are forced to enter into some scene where you find a new mate with space in your party for him/her
    -Power draw now only starts at 4 if you are a hunter
    -Character button and sheet button on the tool bar don't do the same thing any more
    -Now you can sell as many ships as you want in a coastal town
    -Blocking skill has been removed from some small axes
    -Tweak village/castle prosperities
    -Removed the slave trader from ports. Now they will appear from time to time depending on the settlement
    -Finish map trigger overhaul
    -Masterless men can now loot villages on their own
    -Strategy camera and order panel now are in separate buttons
    -Stopped some parties from spending too much time on the sea
    -Player cannot be victorious in "Sven attacks the fleet" mission any more
    -Changed the character size to fit other agents' in the campaign map
    -Reduced the number of messages that shows casualties in battles to improve the vision of the player.
    -Restore lost rents, village conversion and enslavement
    -Shorten overly long player dialog buttons

###IMPROVE / BALANCE:###

-Improved ship movement, management and traveling
    -Improved recruitment system
    -Improved the collision meshes from MP scenes that allow agents to walk through some walls
    -Improved decapitated heads
    -Improved access to classic menu
    -Improved colors of the kingdoms to be more legible
    -Improved longport hideout difficulty
    -Improved tournament weapons balance
    -Improved campaign map
    -Improved amours balance
    -Improved troop names to be smaller and historical
    -Improved the siege system
    -Improved the training system
    -Improved several info panels to give a more accurate and fuller explanations
    -Improved missile weapons balance
    -Improved the use of seaxes
    -Improved performance
    -Improved the ammunition system while you are on a ship
    -Improved stamina balance
    -Improved prisoner prices
    -Improved generated garrison strength
    -Improved bandit distribution through the campaign map
    -Improved the appearance of hoods with helmets at the same time
    -Improved decision consequences after conquering a settlement
    -Improved Viking aggressiveness
    -Improved formation and division system
    -Improved elite troops weapons resistance
    -Improved NPC speed in scenes and battles
    -Improved castle/town food stores
    -Improved the casualties system
    -Improved trade penalties for some more items
    -Improved the cost of low level mercenaries
    -Improved battle trophies system
    -Improved the ship label to make it more visible and easy to find
    -Improved the campaign banner optimization
    -Improved the morale system both on land and sea
    -Improved sea speed system for player and NPCs
    -Improved ship icon when player have several ships
    -Improved the music quality and behavior
    -Improved the kind of weapon used by troops
    -Improved the character icon
    -Improved path-finding
    -Improved scene trigger management
    -Improved sailors impact on sea traveling speed
    -Improved some long text buttons
    -Improved keyboard entry management for extended battle menu
    -Improved tree movement
    -Improved axe-meshes for more variations
    -Improved spear-meshes for more variations and better performance
    -Improved shield-meshes for better size-variations and performance
    -Improved bow-meshes for better visuals and more variations
    -Improved some helmet-meshes for included nasals

###FIXES:###

-Fixed bug that made you appear in an island you can't leave without a ship after become prisoner
    -Fixed issue that make troop get stuck at the front of some ships when they land in the shore
    -Fixed issue that make banners troop don't make use of it during the battle
    -Fixed some issues in Aescesdun storyline part
    -Fixed several storyline quests conversations and scenes
    -Fixed free ship customization
    -Fixed bandit lair
    -Fixed Hadrian's wall bug that allowed you to kill them all
    -Fixed season switching
    -Fixed conversations that never start
    -Fixed wrong troop portrait in Kingdom report
    -Fixed agent typing
    -Fixed hero wealth
    -Fixed garrison not shown in the settlement menu
    -Fixed collision meshes from Saxon towers
    -Fixed bug that makes some jarls do nothing
    -Fixed resolution of duels while besieging a settlement
    -Fixed troll scene and dialogs
    -Fixed axes thrust attack empty values
    -Fixed crossbows troops that never make use of the crossbow
    -Fixed impossibility to assign captured settlements to one's jarls
    -Fixed issue that make your soldiers get stuck on some bridges
    -Fixed the confusing menu when you attack "Sea Kings" from an allied kingdom
    -Fixed quarter issue about leaving prisoners alone inside
    -Fixed continuously alliance between kingdoms
    -Fixed Doccinga scene
    -Fixed battle size visual option
    -Fixed bug with tournament master conversation
    -Fixed issue that made decapitated soldier survive the battle
    -Fixed ferry used while you are on a escorting a caravan mission
    -Fixed missing scene props
    -Fixed the cause of a lord who don't want to leave his town/fort
    -Fixed sally out and starvation in sieges.
    -Fixed kingdom jarls that never switch to a new one
    -Fixed free movement right before the army reach Aescesdun during the Aescesdun battle
    -Fixed the cloning of jarls after the storyline ends
    -Fixed too big relations consequences after plundering
    -Fixed script problems that make troops get stuck in some battles
    -Fixed some banner textures
    -Fixed visually duplicated recruits in recruit menu
    -Fixed issue that made the Followers camp button build a refuge
    -Fixed Solveig scene consequences
    -Fixed icon of kidnapped girl during mayors mission
    -Fixed consequences of been attacked while you are plundering a village
    -Fixed issue that make your jarls not follow you when you get into the sea
    -Fixed traits effect that make dead camera appear continuously
    -Fixed the commander options before the battle
    -Fixed spawn point in Norway that make you get stuck at the very beginning of the sandbox
    -Fixed the cattle movement through the sea
    -Fixed the weapon brokenness system
    -Fixed the loot amount after a battle
    -Fixed the passive behavior about sieges of allied jarls
    -Fixed wrong weapon reach information
    -Fixed bug that made you lose all your ships when you lose a naval battle
    -Fixed a situation when 3rd person cam started for non player agent
    -Fixed invisible head of player in the kill cam
    -Fixed a icon problem on the sea
    -Fixed the frequency of finding new landing points
    -One fix and some small improvements for monastery looting
    -Fixed special seax carry position