Thread: [WIP] Osaka Campaign [proposal]

Default [WIP] Osaka Campaign [proposal]

Hello gents and gals

Before I make this mod I would like to know if people are interested in such a mod!
    that is why I am writing this proposal, I am also going to make the mod if there is enough people asking for it.

Here is little me trying to make a mod based on the Osaka campaign.
    Little Shogun 2 mod expierence do I have however I am learning and want to change the currently Shogun 2 gameplay.( everything is too fast paced right now).

therefor I choice a period of the Sengoku Jidai to make a mod about and to add the gameplay changes into that mod.

Any help is appreciated!

Also! it is the 400 year anniversary of the Osaka campaign haha!

now on to business!
    what will this mod add:

gameplay changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• longer province battles, No longer can you or the AI steamroll over Japan taking every province easily after you defeated their army.
    • I plan to do this by:
    • 1st increasing the garrison size by just a little. ( the garrison will be movable outside the province however if your fort has no garrison the chance of rebels increase to take power)
    • 2nd increasing the standard buildings you have in your province( startwith a lvl 3 fort)
    • 3rd most importantly by the use of ambushes.
    • General no longer gets increased movement speed bonus as option.
    • Option for armies to defect to the enemy ( if your general is not loyal for example).

Ambush:

• Ambushes will be more effective, a army of 2000 soldiers under the leadership of a 3 or 4 star general can defeat 10,000 men under a 1 star general.
    • This way the Agents in the game will be needed now more than ever, agents will provide more line of sight and can detect enemy ambushes early on preventing a huge loss.

[/spoiler]
    Province battles:

• In a province there will be more chances for ambush locations ( enemy can also ambush you on these locations
    • Army movement in enemy province is reduced.( not if you have a spy in your army or monk)
    • reduced line of sight.

Agents:

• Spies are needed for line of sight for the army.
    • Monks are needed to gain local support ( aka line of sight too, monks can also incite rebellions)
    • Mesukes are needed to kill off enemy ninjas, killing enemy ninja's reduces their LOS and makes it easier for you to ambush the enemy.
    • Mesuke can also bribe off small army elements.

Sieges:

• Longer sieges, to give the enemy a chance to counter attack with reinforcements. this means that you will have to keep an eye on the enemy province.
    • Longer sieges means that I want to try to disable the assault button for 2 or 3 turns so your men actually siege a castle instead of a giant rush. ( goes for AI too)

Clans:

• New clans on different locations fighting for power, fight the Tokugawa or fight the Toyotomi.
    • Clans will have specializations based on their historical counterpart.
    • Vassals will actually mean something, they will obey your every wish.( I will force them to do that).

Playable clans:

• Sanada
    • Toyotomi
    • Tokugawa
    • Honda
    • Maeda
    • Chosokabe
    • Shimazu
    • Mori
    • Date
    • Tokugawa Shogunate
    • Will be discovered later ( DLC clan)

I need to do better research on the clans, this was just out of the top of my head.
    Not sure if all clans are correct.

Diplomacy:

• reviewed diplomacy, historical relationships between clans will be re-enacted.
    • Alliances more valuable, wars more hateful.
    • Marriage between clans most important in the entire game, raising friendship sky high.
    • trade agreements will be increased a bit.

Units:

Unit balancement, basically all Ashigaru are removed at this point, mostly because Toyotomi Hideyoshi orderd that every warrior in the army was a samurai.
    There will however be a difference between light samurai and normal samurai, you can consider the light samurai to be like ashigaru.

I would like to add a few units but only as specializations to the playable clans.

for example:
    • Sanada Matchlock unit; rapid fire ability, increased reload skill, range, accuracy ( lacks armor)
    • Tokugawa Cannons; like European cannons but these do increased damage at the cost of accuracy.
    • Date

What do you guys thinks of this idea?

Default Re: [WIP] Osaka Campaign [proposal]

that's cool idea. i like it but basing on history, the osaka campaign is definitely a loss. so i think a osaka map is enough. are u interested in making Toyotomi clan playable ? i think the shogun 2 should make 2 starting time because there is no Toyotomi clan. only if one is from 1545 and the other is from the death of nobunaga,

Ahhh too bad I am a few years late I wished to write and give my support back then but couldn't. dude I would love this mod ! I've been waiting to play this mod for so long but no one understands me when I write a request for osaka 1614/15 mod. I've been dying to play Yukimura Sanada, The toyotomi and many more ! Oh please add in the Sanada Maru NHK Drama armour and the Nobunaga's ambition SOI Ascention for yukimura and a historical accurate skin please of what you can get will be fine.

I've been starting discussions on steam for many years, but people just don't respond or care ! please add in clan unique units playable historical generals etc I've always wondered why there wasn't a Osaka 1614/15 mod but shame I am the only one that likes it and probably would not be made as you said Eric Sanada "I'll make this mod if there is enouigh people asking for it. so far in 4 years its only me asking for it and no one else well also the previous replyer said it would be a loss meaning he/she feels it will be a waste of time sadly well thank for you writing this mod wip proposal I guess somethings are just ideas and never come to fruition like piloting gundams etc. It was great feel nostalgic and sad and longing for this mod thanks Eric

2021 and i still waiting for ur mod buddy