Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Band of Brothers (WH40K IG Discussion, Interest & OOC Thread) [Updated: 17/10/2014]

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: A Band of Brothers (WH40K IG Discussion, Interest & OOC Thread) [Updated: 17/10/2014]

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Firstly, it is Ork and not Orc. Ork, not Orc.
    Whoops
    Is "Orkish" alright?

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: A Band of Brothers (WH40K IG Discussion, Interest & OOC Thread) [Updated: 17/10/2014]

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Firstly, it is Ork and not Orc. Ork, not Orc.

Secondly, Ace...what the hell, man?

Why is the Navy firing on the city? Who ordered it to, cus it sure as Hell can't have been your character! And, as far as I'm aware, I never wrote an update with anyone giving that order either. Lastly, if you could please spell/grammar check your posts, I would be grateful. Even if you have dyslexia or some other form of reading/writing malady, writing 'u' is not acceptable.

Your Russians-in-Space I can take, using words from a foreign language is fine, writing what are essentially meta-orders I am not so fine with.

So, yes. That's all I have to say for now.

@BF: I'll get an update up about killing your guys soon enough.
    Got rid of the naval support part, and Buck Hightower. IDK it took a while for the story to be updated, so I wrote a post, and kept adding to it.

And sorry about orc over ork, though, while you britions have to live in fear of GW and their lawyers, I have enough firepower and the Atlantic Ocean to fend off those Heretical Rectoning scum May Matt Ward and those who retconned Olianus Pius into like the Big E's brother be condemned to the warp

bask in the glory of the imperial cult
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Ace_General; October 31, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
    Low speed, High Drag

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

I realize that my characters current state does suggest that she is close to death. And I am cool if that happens, I'll join with another character if that happens. The things is she's very battered right here and might be in the building where the warboss lives. Logically her chances of survival through this intro plot are rather slim without actually trying to have put her there. It was just how the ink flowed interwoven with how the events around her unfolded.

Edit: Apologies for the Double Post.
    Quick question; Some things have to make sense and they may well do, is Wolfram close to the airfield? As my last post referenced having been close to Wolfram, and Guards holding the airfield are now assisting my character, I'd like to know if these two events are in close proximity of each-other.

Is my question and course for the question clear?
    Last edited by Narf; October 31, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Content Staff Citizen

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

The way I read it is that Wolfram and your character are within the city (BF has definitely talked about going through a breach in the walls and advancing down a street), while Ace is at an airfield somewhere just outside the suburbs. Quite how he thinks his men can see you I can't work out.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Yeah, I posted being in the thick of the city, while I believe the airfield is a ways outside of it.
    The leap here is Ace somehow deciding we're all very close, which would make this entire area very small.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There is no compulsary requirement for everyone to be with the Rodinas. So dont feel like you have to accept it just because it is mentioned.

Content Staff Citizen

I don't feel for or against playing with him, I just want it to make sense, and as Wolfram posted being in the centre, and as Metro systems usually are centred around the centre of a big city that's where I drew my conclusion and thought hey, I could reference them having been close and then It's up to other people being close if they wish to reference or interact with me. But if your logic is not faulty it seems the Rodina are too far away to not contradict previous established or rather implied locations.

So with that setteled, no offense Ace, I won't answer to this one, I'll leave if she's alive or not up for further considerations. Depends on the events that'll happen in the area I percieve her to be in. Who knows, she might also be in the building of the Bozz and get smashed. Honestly I've got no idea right now..

Oi, I don't see why she shouldn't survive from a story-telling point-of-view;
    This RP, I believe, is to narrow down our characters as survivors of (basically) hell, and that's what makes them special.

Content Staff Citizen

You're right. She's just soo... Battered.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

So I'm going to push my armoured fist column into the city. Anyone going to be online a fair bit this weekend and if so, want to link up our forces for a bit of rp together? I'm looking for ways to put off working right now (procrastination ftw!).
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is it just me, or would that be a badass regimental flag.

To me it sorta looks like some of teh Cadian flags you see in fluff, and the eagle can be a Imperium of Man Aquila
    Low speed, High Drag

Content Staff Citizen

I don't think Norwegians a thing any-more sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    I don't think Norwegians a thing any-more sorry..
    Norwegians?
    Low speed, High Drag

I'm pretty sure those are Cyrillic letters. How do Norwegians relate to this?

Content Staff Citizen

The flag colours..

Coincidence I suppose. Though it's a saltire rather than a cross.

Content Staff Citizen

True. It's not a cross, but the exact same colour arrangement..

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    True. It's not a cross, but the exact same colour arrangement..
    If anything, it reminds me more of the Confederate battle flag, minus the stars

^And disclaimer, I in no way support the Confederacy or the south or slavery or racism, in fact, 3 out of 4 of the swingler brothers (my dads family) died at the battle of Shiloh fighting of Grant and the Union.
    Last edited by Ace_General; November 03, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Low speed, High Drag

I like their original flag, prior to the First Battle of the Bull Run.
    But even that one was kind of ugly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast