Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maegor's Holdfast

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Maegor's Holdfast

Here is the Royal Chambers of King Maekar Targaryen . The entrance to the chambers are protected by members of the Kingsguard. All petitioners and visitors who wish for a meeting with the King must hand their weapons to the guards before they are allowed to enter.

King's Landing Regional Bonuses

• The Capital: Kings Landing houses half a million people, and is the centre of royal power in westeros. As a result, when the city is besieged, thousands answer the call to arms. d10*1000 Peasant Volunteers are generated when the city comes under attack.
    • The Gates and Walls: Kings landing has many well fortified gates and walls, making it a hard nut to crack. +2 to siege defence when the walls are being attacked.
    • The Red Keep: A natural fortress, the red keep was built on top of Aegon's Hill, the highest of the hills in the capital. It has huge walls and towers, with many different holdfasts and keeps built into it. +3 siege defence when the red keep is being attacked.
    • The Black Cells: Some of the most feared prisons in Westeros, named due to them being incredibly dark and dingy. -3 to all escape rolls whilst held prisoner in Kings Landing.
    • Bustling Port: King's Landing is the largest port in Westeros and one of the five major cities and centers of trade. Traders from all corners of the known world come here to sell and buy wares, allowing the owner one additional trade route.

King's Landing Building Upgrades

Tier I
    Militia Armoury: +250 Land Levy Points
    Market Square: +10% income
    Dockyard: +500 naval points, +10% income

Tier 2

The Royal Army

The Levy of King's Landing
    750 Heavy Infantry
    1,875 Light Infantry
    1,000 Polearm Infantry
    1,125 Archers
    750 Light Cavalry
    250 Heavy Cavalry

Total: 5,750 men

Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; December 05, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Citizen

Default Re: Maegor's Holdfast

The Hand of the King approaches the Holdfast and tells the guards present that he wished to speak with the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    The Hand of the King approaches the Holdfast and tells the guards present that he wished to speak with the King.
    The Hand is allowed entrance and when he arrives inside, he sees King Haegon lounging, enjoying some good Arbor wine."Lord Meldred, I presume this is about the private matter you wished to speak to me earlier about?"

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Honors Bastion View Post
    The Hand is allowed entrance and when he arrives inside, he sees King Haegon lounging, enjoying some good Arbor wine."Lord Meldred, I presume this is about the private matter you wished to speak to me earlier about?"
    A few private matters in fact, Your Grace. One concerning the Small Council positions and another...involving my successor to the Hand of the King.

He calmly looks at King Haegon.

I am now close to 60 years. Closer to the Seven than I am to this mortal world. I would like to plan ahead and make sure whoever succeeds me as Hand of the King can fill my shoes and give you just as wise counsel, Your Grace.

"Please Lord Meldred, speak freely over these matters." replied the King. "If I cannot trust your council then who am I to trust here int his den of spiders."

In the evening, lady Valena came to seek an audience with king.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    In the evening, lady Valena came to seek an audience with king.
    She was allowed into the holdfast by the King's guards and when she was inside, she found his grace lounging by a warm fire. "Lady Valena, for what do I owe the pleasure of this visit this evening?"

Citizen

"Please Lord Meldred, speak freely over these matters." replied the King. "If I cannot trust your council then who am I to trust here int his den of spiders."

Involving my successor. As I have said, I am not getting any younger, but I wish to make sure, Your Grace, that you have trusted counsel like my words when the Seven call for me to depart and join my wife in the afterlife. I have only one man in mind. Raymar Lefford, Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks. He is a man of trusted words, experience and efficiency. He knows King's Landing in and out and has the trust of the Goldcloaks as well as from Your Grace. He would be most suited to succeed him when my time comes.

She was allowed into the holdfast by the King's guards and when she was inside, she found his grace lounging by a warm fire. "Lady Valena, for what do I owe the pleasure of this visit this evening?"
    Valena wore a orange, sheer dress of flowing silks. In red small patrons could be seen finely woven into the fabrics. She wore gold earrings and other jewellery. "I just returned from Dorne, your grace." she said and walked over to him, standing until he said she could sit.

Involving my successor. As I have said, I am not getting any younger, but I wish to make sure, Your Grace, that you have trusted counsel like my words when the Seven call for me to depart and join my wife in the afterlife. I have only one man in mind. Raymar Lefford, Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks. He is a man of trusted words, experience and efficiency. He knows King's Landing in and out and has the trust of the Goldcloaks as well as from Your Grace. He would be most suited to succeed him when my time comes.
    "I was not expecting you to back Lord Lefford for such an honor Lord Meldred. I had thought that you would have backed your son for the honor." said the King in astonishment. "He is an interesting choice for the Hand but I worry, will be an acceptable choice. The Hand is usually a Lord of great power, a Lord Paramount, and to give this honor to someone who is just the Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks may not be viewed well by the realm."

Valena wore a orange, sheer dress of flowing silks. In red small patrons could be seen finely woven into the fabrics. She wore gold earrings and other jewellery. "I just returned from Dorne, your grace." she said and walked over to him, standing until he said she could sit.
    "How was your visit my Lady? And might I say, you look stunning today Lady Valena." said the King as his eyes were clearly wandering the lady's body.

Citizen

"I was not expecting you to back Lord Lefford for such an honor Lord Meldred. I had thought that you would have backed your son for the honor." said the King in astonishment. "He is an interesting choice for the Hand but I worry, will be an acceptable choice. The Hand is usually a Lord of great power, a Lord Paramount, and to give this honor to someone who is just the Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks may not be viewed well by the realm."

Your Grace, while that may be true, at the same time it is not. Let us not forget various examples of lesser people being appointed to the position of the Hand. Septon Barth, the first of four Hands to serve King Jaehaerys the Old.
    Ser Ryam Redwyne, who served as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during the reign of the Old King, was Barth's successor. Ser Criston Cole, the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, who served as Hand of the King during the reign of King Aegon II. Beyond them there is Lord Lyonel Strong during the reign of Viserys I and Ser Otto Hightower during the reign of Viserys I and Aegon II. There have been many Hands who are not Lord Paramounts that have served at this post, Your Grace.

He pauses for a moment and strokes his chin.

However, if you feel my son, Galladon Baratheon, would serve you well as Lord Hand, then I will not be opposed to that idea, Your Grace. He would be a faithful servant as I and many others are.

"How was your visit my Lady? And might I say, you look stunning today Lady Valena." said the King as his eyes were clearly wandering the lady's body.

She gave him a coy look. "It was very pleasant, thank you, your grace. Prince Martell was very sorry he could not make it to the tourney. He was very impressed by my stories of your tournament and your person." she told him. "You choose to flatter me, your grace." she looked around distressed. "It always so cold here when I return form Dorne."

Your Grace, while that may be true, at the same time it is not. Let us not forget various examples of lesser people being appointed to the position of the Hand. Septon Barth, the first of four Hands to serve King Jaehaerys the Old.
    Ser Ryam Redwyne, who served as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during the reign of the Old King, was Barth's successor. Ser Criston Cole, the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, who served as Hand of the King during the reign of King Aegon II. Beyond them there is Lord Lyonel Strong during the reign of Viserys I and Ser Otto Hightower during the reign of Viserys I and Aegon II. There have been many Hands who are not Lord Paramounts that have served at this post, Your Grace.

He pauses for a moment and strokes his chin.

However, if you feel my son, Galladon Baratheon, would serve you well as Lord Hand, then I will not be opposed to that idea, Your Grace. He would be a faithful servant as I and many others are.
    "Hmmm, you are right Lord Meldred." replied the King. "It will not be an easy decision to make. Whoever I choose must be neutral enough to not anger the realm. If I am to appoint Lord Lefford as the Hand then who would be his replacement as the Commander of the Goldcloaks? I need someone who is capable enough to patrol my city."

She gave him a coy look. "It was very pleasant, thank you, your grace. Prince Martell was very sorry he could not make it to the tourney. He was very impressed by my stories of your tournament and your person." she told him. "You choose to flatter me, your grace." she looked around distressed. "It always so cold here when I return form Dorne."
    "Of course it would be cold hear my lady. We are not blessed with the Dornish heat."

Citizen

"Hmmm, you are right Lord Meldred." replied the King. "It will not be an easy decision to make. Whoever I choose must be neutral enough to not anger the realm. If I am to appoint Lord Lefford as the Hand then who would be his replacement as the Commander of the Goldcloaks? I need someone who is capable enough to patrol my city."

I suspect Lord Lefford could easily arrange a proper and sufficient successor to be the next Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks. After all, he spent much time making them a prime security force for King's Landing. I doubt he would like to see someone incompetent take them over.

Lord Baratheon then remembers something from this morning.

I did send emissaries to the Vale and Reach, seeking any brides for Your Grace's bed. Hopefully, we should hear word shortly.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; October 26, 2014 at 03:33 PM.

I suspect Lord Lefford could easily arrange a proper and sufficient successor to be the next Lord Commander of the Goldcloaks. After all, he spent much time making them a prime security force for King's Landing. I doubt he would like to see someone incompetent take them over.

Lord Baratheon then remembers something from this morning.

I did send emissaries to the Vale and Reach, seeking any brides for Your Grace's bed. Hopefully, we should hear word shortly.
    "Good very good. Now is there anything else that you wish to discuss Lord Meldred?"

Citizen

"Good very good. Now is there anything else that you wish to discuss Lord Meldred?"

Yes two more pieces of business. The matter of filling the Small Council and a proposal by Lord Dagon Greyjoy of a knightly order within the Iron Islands...made up of Greenlanders as he said.

As this happens, a guard brings news from the emissary who had returned from his errands. Lord Meldred examines the reports before relaying them verbally to His Grace.

It seems both House Arryn and Tyrell show interest in presenting a bride. House Arryn offers the sister of Prince Zachary, Lady Sanna Arryn. House Tyrell offers the daughter and heir of Lord Tyrell, Arya Tyrell. However, there are conditions added to the Tyrell offer. It appears that, if this marriage is agreed upon, that the eldest son take the name of Blackfyre while the second shall assume the name Tyrell and become heir of Highgarden and the Reach upon the death of your wife, who would succeed her father as Lord Paramount upon his death. None shall have claim on the other's inheritance as a part of the condition.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; October 26, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

"Of course it would be cold hear my lady. We are not blessed with the Dornish heat."
    "Cold, yes. But not lonely for once. Luckily I had the pleasure of not travelling alone this time. The fair lady Gwyneth Yronwood has joined me at court. I am sure that she dreams of meeting his Grace one of these days. She had heard many wonderful tales of you, she said while she grew-up at Sunspear. I praise myself lucky with such a companion here at court. Do you have a companion at court, or are they all vipers here, your Grace? I know your predecessor always complained about his loneliness."

Yes two more pieces of business. The matter of filling the Small Council and a proposal by Lord Dagon Greyjoy of a knightly order within the Iron Islands...made up of Greenlanders as he said.

As this happens, a guard brings news from the emissary who had returned from his errands. Lord Meldred examines the reports before relaying them verbally to His Grace.

It seems both House Arryn and Tyrell show interest in presenting a bride. House Arryn offers the sister of Prince Zachary, Lady Sanna Arryn. House Tyrell offers the daughter and heir of Lord Tyrell, Arya Tyrell. However, there are conditions added to the Tyrell offer. It appears that, if this marriage is agreed upon, that the eldest son take the name of Blackfyre while the second shall assume the name Tyrell and become heir of Highgarden and the Reach upon the death of your wife, who would succeed her father as Lord Paramount upon his death. None shall have claim on the other's inheritance as a part of the condition.
    "So it seems that both the Arryns and Tyrells would be willing participants but which marriage would be for the best?" replied the King "We can speak of the other matters later but I want this talk of marriage decided now. A Tyrell marriage seems to be the stranger of the two, don't you think Lord Hand. A direct marriage to the Tyrell heir would be much more powerful."

"Cold, yes. But not lonely for once. Luckily I had the pleasure of not travelling alone this time. The fair lady Gwyneth Yronwood has joined me at court. I am sure that she dreams of meeting his Grace one of these days. She had heard many wonderful tales of you, she said while she grew-up at Sunspear. I praise myself lucky with such a companion here at court. Do you have a companion at court, or are they all vipers here, your Grace? I know your predecessor always complained about his loneliness."
    "I have few companions Lady Valena. A King is rarely afforded such a luxury. There are so many here who would pretend to be my friend only to ask for a favor."

"I have few companions Lady Valena. A King is rarely afforded such a luxury. There are so many here who would pretend to be my friend only to ask for a favor."
    "Know that you ever have a friend in me." she said. "Unlike the these men, I solely want to serve your grace." She looked ready to depart. "If your grace won't need anything.. I think I should be going and leave your grace in peace.. Now that I think of it.. perhaps you want me to deliver towards the prince of Dorne?"

Citizen

"So it seems that both the Arryns and Tyrells would be willing participants but which marriage would be for the best?" replied the King "We can speak of the other matters later but I want this talk of marriage decided now. A Tyrell marriage seems to be the stranger of the two, don't you think Lord Hand. A direct marriage to the Tyrell heir would be much more powerful."

The Tyrell marriage is similar to that of the Darklyn-Blackfyre union. Lady Darklyn asked that those fathered by Daemon I would become a new house, so to limit the amount of children and claimants he had already fathered. This just ensures a similar condition with the Tyrell proposal; the firstborn will have claim to the Iron Throne, the second will gain Highgarden.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast