Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: >> BUGS REPORT DBM v1.1<<

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default >> BUGS REPORT DBM v1.1<<

Post here the bugs and ctd.

Post here the bugs and ctd.

REPORTED BUGS
    - Dacian spearman and swordman, missing hat.
    - Thracians raiders have wrong texture for armour.
    - Greek megalopolis look like roman huge city
    - Parthians can't recruit any siege engines
    - Greek metropolis: CTD during battle (another CTD on tower destruction) QUICK FIX:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    go under Medieval II Total War\mods\DBM\data\settlements\Greek\Settlements\greeks_Large_city folder and cut and paste the files:
    - greek_large_city_A.animinstances
    - greek_large_city_A.world
    in Medieval II Total War\mods\DBM\data\settlements\Greek\Settlements\Large_city folder

Under investigation
    - Does disasters work?
    - Rebuild roman barracks after reforms to get the new legionary units?
    - If you win against two armies with only one army, or if you loose with more than two armies against only one, the game crashes..

KNOWN BUGS
    - Medieval voices on strategic map
    - Middle eastern large city: wall and gate return intact after destruction animation for eastern large city (btw, they can be crossed)
    - When your ladders and towers get to the wall, sometime the unit attached to them get stucked. Simply, select the unit and click on the wall.
    - In city on battle map, building near the streets are crossed by the units.
    - Units throwing javelins before the charge can get stucked if charged before the throwing (Med2 bug).
    Last edited by Rhaymo; October 25, 2014 at 03:25 AM.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT DBM v1.1<<

Reserved

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just started playing. Attacked a rebel town with Romans. Moved 2 units of hastati and one unit of velites close to the wall. Their one unit of slingers are killing me. My units don't fire. They pretend, and only 2 or 3 missiles can be seen to take flight. Lost half my army to one unit of slingers.

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can't find the edit option, so I'm sorry for double post. Units are passing through buildings. I wanted to corner their slingers, but they just went through 3 buildings towards the town square.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

What city are you attacking? are enemy slingers on the wall and your troops on the ground?
    units passing building is a known bug, but they ever follow the streets. if you block the streets, enemy units can't escape towards the square.
    Last edited by Rhaymo; October 15, 2014 at 04:32 AM.

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I was attacking Aleria (on the island to the west of the Apennine peninsula). They only had a wooden palisade. I hovered the cursor over their unit and the pilum was green, so they were within range.

Sometime between turn 5 and turn 10 I clicked on the "end turn" and got an unspecified error crash. I don't know how to get detailed error reports, sorry. When I reloaded the last save, I went past that point without any trouble. I'm at turn 15 now.

The Gaul diplomat is representing England.

Sorry if all this seems too nitpicky. The mod is great. I'm just pointing out all the discrepancies I find.

Just started a game as Ptolemaioi: Insane squalor (+130%) + rebels everywhere make the game unplayable so far. Am i the only one? Anyone having a solution?

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nicov55 View Post
    Just started a game as Ptolemaioi: Insane squalor (+130%) + rebels everywhere make the game unplayable so far. Am i the only one? Anyone having a solution?
    Ptolemaic have 14 cities at start date, and lowering the tax rate 4 cities have 60-65% public order (and in two of them you can select the games), 2 cities have 75-80%, the others > =85 %. and every turn they earm 6000 money (at extreme difficult level). i don't see any problem.
    lowering the difficult level can be a solution..

i have just tested a ptolemaic campaign at vh difficult. at turn 9 i earn 11000 money, i have all cities of start date, and i didn't even attack rebel cities...
    Last edited by Rhaymo; October 15, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

I tried extreme difficulty. I will lower the level and the tax rates i guess i used to play with the minimod that reduced squalor so i was a bit surprised.

Civis

Parthians can't recruit any siege engines (ballistas, catapults etc). They can build all the buildings, that are needed to recruit them, but still can't buy any siege engines. That's a bit annoying because of garrison script, because this makes Parthia weak in hotseats and because catapults in this mod are so nice

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Played with Romans and i saw that Velites and Hastati, at least, do not throw their javelins.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The "Greek Metropolis" always CTD:s after a while when fighting a realtime battle.

Foederatus

Default Re: PATCH 1.1 LOG

Rhaymo, i noticed few bugs in some models:

roman centurion has no the shield

and there is no hands here

Default Re: PATCH 1.1 LOG

roman centurion has no the shield

Perhaps he dropped it?

same old CTD problems, random crashes when changing turn, at least 4 or 5 crashes until now. Now I'm stuck permanently, I have an army besieging Apollonia, the last remaining city of Illirian faction, every time I conquer the city the game crashes, I tried two times to conquer it and always crashed, I tried also with different strategies, the first time I attacked a nearby enemy army, and the army inside the city went out to help them, I defeated them and the game crashed, I tried also to assault the city, defeated the enemies, and the game crashed when I pressed the button to slaughter the inhabitants

Tomorrow I try again, It's the fourth or fifth savegame where I'm stuck for the crashes, in this way it's really unplayable

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorianvs View Post
    same old CTD problems, random crashes when changing turn, at least 4 or 5 crashes until now. Now I'm stuck permanently, I have an army besieging Apollonia, the last remaining city of Illirian faction, every time I conquer the city the game crashes, I tried two times to conquer it and always crashed, I tried also with different strategies, the first time I attacked a nearby enemy army, and the army inside the city went out to help them, I defeated them and the game crashed, I tried also to assault the city, defeated the enemies, and the game crashed when I pressed the button to slaughter the inhabitants

Tomorrow I try again, It's the fourth or fifth savegame where I'm stuck for the crashes, in this way it's really unplayable
    upload your save

here is the savegame

http://www.filedropper.com/saves_5

I had the same problem also with DBM 1.0, I started a game with Carthage, and the game always crashed when trying to conquer the last city of the Numidic faction

it seems that the game always crashes when you destroy a faction

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Here are a few more bugs:

1. Dacian units are missing their forehead animations if they don't wear helmets.

2. The island city next to Italy and closest to Massalia (i think the name was) crashed after conquering it as the Romans with armies on all sides.

When the battle ended it crashed. The only solution was to play the battle automatically to avoid the crash.

3. The Greek Metropolis causes crashes when fighting realtime battles. It crashes after a while, and the animation is bugged in some places in the city. For example when troops inside are moving down the walls.

The AI can't use Iberian units properly and they seem to often just stand there and do nothing while being massacred.

The Roman Legions are also not using their weapons in formation as much as one could wish for.

4. If you win against two armies with only one army, or if you loose with more than two armies against only one, the game crashes..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorianvs View Post
    here is the savegame

http://www.filedropper.com/saves_5

I had the same problem also with DBM 1.0, I started a game with Carthage, and the game always crashed when trying to conquer the last city of the Numidic faction

it seems that the game always crashes when you destroy a faction
    i have loaded your save and conquered apollonia with autoresolve. I slaughtered the population (third option). NO CTD. does this happen also for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    i have loaded your save and conquered apollonia with autoresolve. I slaughtered the population (third option). NO CTD. does this happen also for you?
    the game always crashes with autoresolve, I tried all three options; I don't know what to think

unspecified error

p.s.

now I'm trying to reinstall DBM, maybe something went wrong with the first installation; I've seen that some mods need to turn off the UAC, what about DBM?

p.p.s.
    I tried to disable the UAC and the crashes disappeared, it's the first time that I must disable the UAC to play a game
    Last edited by Praetorianvs; October 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast