Thread: Offer a Discount for existing Rome 2 users?.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Offer a Discount for existing Rome 2 users?.

I will be blunt and say, a lot of Rome 2 users resent Atilla's release. They feel ripped off and this is what Rome 2 should have been, so Atilla's release will bring division. To lessen this why not offer existing Rome 2 users a discount for they're loyalty?. If they refuse to finish developing Rome 2 no one will buy Atilla, fans endured over 9 months of shocking gameplay and naval warfare is still bonked, Rome 2 remains unfinished IMO. People cried for a family tree in Rome 2 ect..

I see only two options:

1. Offer Rome 2 loyalers a discount and earn back some trust, rep and sales from long standing fans.
    2. Continue on your planned path, potentially lose 25%+ of loyal Rome 2 customers and take your chance again (aka Rome 2?.)

This does not work with pre-orders though and i advise everyone against pre-ordering, if you pre order you just give them a green light to make anything and the franchise wont take another Rome 2, So lets not kill off the TW series by pre-ordering.

3. They need to admit Rome 2 was and is lacking to do this, this is a big step in any relationship, honesty is the organics to building relationships, without this we cannot move on together, CA cannot lead we may not follow, If we lead CA may not follow, we must move on together and hope for the same goal.

4. Communication is key to relationships so do it CA, ask for feedback, respond to feedback etc. Dont shut those doors and eyes. The customers know best.

What do you guys and gals think?.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Offer a Discount for existing Rome 2 users?.

Well if you all learned at least something from Rome 2 wait 12 months for the game to be a polished release

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

What do you guys and gals think?.

That this wont happen and is completely unfounded.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

CA giving up the chance to earn more money? Don't make me laugh

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Unless there is a huge outcry CA will never do this. Their excuse is EE and they pretend the `discount` is from them not charging us for that. It was a red herringof course, because we didn't know the proper RTW2 was coming right behind it.

I don't see a huge outcry. It's not going to happen, I'm sorry to say.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Entitlement issues ahoy. Nobody does discounts for video games like that. Nobody discounts items because consumers were disappointed with a still-functional prior iteration. I'd be very surprised if I could get a new iPhone cheap by saying "hey, I got this old iPod and these features are pretty crap and it does stuff I don't like". That's not how life works, kids. You were disappointed with TW:R2, that's your own fault. Video games tend to have bugs or features some people don't like, even ones you consider great for nostalgic reasons. It's the consumer's responsibility to know what they're getting and if doesn't live to their hype the developers have no legal or financial or dare I even say it moral responsibility to give them the next product cheaper.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

The whining never ends; it's really quite pathetic actually.

These games are great, I know of none better.

That pretty much sums up my feelings.

When can we pre-order?

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    Entitlement issues ahoy. Nobody does discounts for video games like that. Nobody discounts items because consumers were disappointed with a still-functional prior iteration. I'd be very surprised if I could get a new iPhone cheap by saying "hey, I got this old iPod and these features are pretty crap and it does stuff I don't like". That's not how life works, kids. You were disappointed with TW:R2, that's your own fault. Video games tend to have bugs or features some people don't like, even ones you consider great for nostalgic reasons. It's the consumer's responsibility to know what they're getting and if doesn't live to their hype the developers have no legal or financial or dare I even say it moral responsibility to give them the next product cheaper.
    While I won't dispute most of your post, bugs should not be a part of any product, and are entirely the responsibility of the developer and publisher. Hell, in Australia, I have the legal right to demand a refund, as the product was flawed upon it's sale, in a manner which was not advertised by the salespeople (Steam). Sieges still don't work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrfox View Post
    When can we pre-order?
    You people are half the reason it takes them god knows how many patches to fix their games a year after release. While it's wrong to release broken products, consumers ought to stop encouraging it.

I guess they marketed EE as free, here you go, aint we grand. When i see EE its no more and maybe a little less than the release trailers we brought the game on.

It is a bit ripe to ask for a discount but why not.

TW RIP

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Veliky Kaiser Theos View Post
    ...You people are half the reason it takes them god knows how many patches to fix their games a year after release. While it's wrong to release broken products, consumers ought to stop encouraging it.
    I don't encourage anything. I will stop buying TW games if I find something better. I have no loyalty to CA - or any of its fans for that matter. I like these games. I don't like every aspect of these games, and am even infuriated with some aspects from time to time. Yet ... I know of no games that I enjoy more. TW games are the reason I buy PCs with high specs (and high price tags as well). So I know I'm going to buy their next game; I know I'm going to want to play it ASAP. So for what reason should I not pre-order?

On your say so?

Really?

Seriously?

I'm trying to think of one reason - just one - why your opinion on what I should do should matter to me. I'm drawing a blank here. Keep in mind, I AM NOT telling you what YOU should do, am I? No. That would be presumptuous of me. Probably a waste of my time as well, right? Cool. Now you understand how I feel then, the exact same way as you would were the situation reversed.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Well if you all learned at least something from Rome 2 wait 12 months for the game to be a polished release
    True ! +rep
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Not sure if they'd do it but there is no reason why they'd do it. I don't remember people who had Empire expecting a discount for Napoleon. Customers are not some special snow flake that require unreasonable love and affection and they certainly don't know best.
    The Armenian Issue

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Not sure if they'd do it but there is no reason why they'd do it. I don't remember people who had Empire expecting a discount for Napoleon. Customers are not some special snow flake that require unreasonable love and affection and they certainly don't know best.
    Napoleon and Empire are two different games and I would not have expected CA to discount Nappy for Empire users. However with the alpha/beta release of Rome 2 back in September 2013 which took them 12 months to finally finish a release version of the game in September 2014 I would welcome a discount for the members who wish to purchase the Attila game, (not for me personally as i am not interested in that era). The reality is that you will get nothing from CA as they are a business and not a charitable organisation!

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

I will not buy anything if CA does not add at least these 3 features from Atilla into the main game:

1. The UI
    2. Family tree
    3. appointing family members as governors

I would suggest that all my fellow players of rome 2 follow this example. Reject any discounts and refuse to buy the game at all unless these features are placed into the base game !
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Napoleon and Empire are two different games and I would not have expected CA to discount Nappy for Empire users. However with the alpha/beta release of Rome 2 back in September 2013 which took them 12 months to finally finish a release version of the game in September 2014 I would welcome a discount for the members who wish to purchase the Attila game, (not for me personally as i am not interested in that era). The reality is that you will get nothing from CA as they are a business and not a charitable organisation!
    Rome II and Attila are two different games as well. The finished release version was released in September 2013. You're right about one thing though. This is not a charity case.
    The Armenian Issue

Nappy was never as bad as Rome 2, Rome 2 has to be the worst TW release ever in terms of game functioning. We all know Rome 2 was so bad they re-re-released it as EE.

TW RIP

Except Rome I and Medieval II both had rocky launches as well. Medieval II was even in a worse state.
    The Armenian Issue

Oreally?

TW RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Except Rome I and Medieval II both had rocky launches as well. Medieval II was even in a worse state.
    I would say that the worst starting position was Empire + it never got fixed while Rome 2 did

thus the comparison Rome 2 + Attila vs Empire + Napoleon makes sense and it is in favor of Rome 2 (we did get EE for free while they could have charged 10 € for that)

and if we are to draw any conclusion from the past it means - no discount for Attila

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

I am sure that CA has been made aware of this idea by now. Thank you all for contributing.