Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default [CK2][Released] Songs from the four Corners

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SftfC.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	1,009.0 KB 
ID:	315600

Hello everyone,

this mod replaces the vanilla music of the game with many new tracks, while striving to be as authentic as possible to the era. However it does far more than just adding new tracks, hundreds of conditions also influence when and if these tracks are used.

Features

• 20 different themes, depending on the culture and/or religion of your character.
    • Crusader States tracks! If you're Christian and have holdings in the holy land,exclusive tracks will emphasize the glory of your holy war against the infidel. Rise up through the ranks from Count to King of Jerusalem to unlock more. High level music depends on wether you're catholic or orthodox. Deus lo Vult!
    • The melting pot of the Iberian Cultures. As a ruler from the Iberian Peninsula you are in the unique position to live the Orient & the Occident simultaneously.
    • Distinct soundtracks for many cultures during wartime!
    • A non-generic soundtrack for the Orient. Arabs,Persians,Turks and Hindus all get their own music. Mongols get extra throat singing.
    • Your Character,Piety,Prestige & Position in the Hierarchy will have an influence on which tracks are played.

In addition if you wish to revise or alter the tracklist or even create your very own, I have left close instructions in the songs.txt file. You can also reenable the vanilla music from there, should you wish it. I would advise Notepad++ for reading it.

FAQ

• I like the music a lot and would like to use it for my own work. May I use it? Of course I'd credit you as well.
      • Of course you can use it, but you must not credit me. This music is not my personal work and I don't claim otherwise. You may acknowledge my mod though

• I've seen that you've added a lot of different music for french,german,english and italian. However you didn't differentiate between the slavic & baltic people much. Why?
      • I'm sorry, but I have to work with the material I can find. Unfortunately it wasn't as much as I'd like for them. In return however I did give them one of my favourite ballads.

• Is this compatible with the newest patch and DLC (Charlemagne) ?
      • Yes, it is.

• Is this compatible with 'Historical Immersion Project'?
      • I've created a version just for this mod.

Installation

1. Download the file (Link see below)
    2. Have a drink, while you wait. The file is quite big.
    3. Open the .rar file with a program, like winrar
    4. Extract the data into [My Steam Folder]\Crusader Kigns II\mod\
    5. Disable all DLC music packs in the launcher, if you have any and don't want to mix them up.
    6. Enjoy the game

Issues

1. Since the mod is quite big, especially for CK II, the game might take a bit longer to load. Gameplay shouldn't be affected though.

Download Link for CK II Vanilla

Download Link for CK II HIP

Acknowledgemens

The modding team behind Dominion of the sword. Without your great choice of authentic
    medieval music, this small work couldn't exist. Cheers!

The modding team of Broken Crescent. Your tracks spiced up the Orient by a great deal :-)
    Best of luck to both teams in future undertakings!

Thank you Paradox for your clear written txt.-files and mods-page on CKII Wiki.
    They helped a lot during development!

Support Mods!

If you're a talented artist, programmer or simply a mod enthusiast go over to the Dominion of the sword Forums and help with development.
    Especially for DOTS no prior experience is necessarily required, since many programs provided by the team have made the task simpler.
    Or if the Orient is your Passion, go over to the Broken Crescent Forums and see if you can help there.
    Thank you

Enjoy S4C!

Last edited by Akhenaton; October 14, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [CK2][Released] Songs from the four Corners

After a year i came back to TW forums and what do i found...this is a gem of music, especially for me traditional folk music lover and CK 2 HIP player. Thank you mister!

Default Re: [CK2][Released] Songs from the four Corners

Nice find just what I was looking for