Thread: Regarding Accents

Flavius Honorius's Avatar Laetus

Icon1 Regarding Accents

Hi, first of all this is a wonderful mod! But I'm asking if there's a way of editing a factions accent, as I'm playing as the Ebrauc and I would like the characters to speak with an english or mediterranean accent rather than the heavy Eastern European slavic accent they have. Is there anyway to do this?. I already tried changing the desc_sm_factions culture of Ebrauc (represented as Egypt) but It didn't work.

Default Re: Regarding Accents

descr_sounds_accents.txt is the file you need!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Honorius View Post
    Hi, first of all this is a wonderful mod! But I'm asking if there's a way of editing a factions accent, as I'm playing as the Ebrauc and I would like the characters to speak with an english or mediterranean accent rather than the heavy Eastern European slavic accent they have. Is there anyway to do this?. I already tried changing the desc_sm_factions culture of Ebrauc (represented as Egypt) but It didn't work.
    Hi Flavius Honorius and we thank you for the kind words. Swap in the desc_sm_factions Hungary with Egypt and you should get the English Accent. Sound mod txt files need to be modified and The Sound folder needs modifying and the regeneration of its files for it to be more historically accurate. Its a thorn in our side and we want to work on the accents and correct them more historically soon
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 14, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Thanks Riothamus!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Honorius View Post
    Thanks Riothamus!
    Anytime So all below would go in the first spot and Hungary info goes where Egypt is. Please make a copy of the file first. Let us know..

faction egypt
    culture greek
    religion catholic
    symbol models_strat/symbol_egypt.CAS
    rebel_symbol models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour red 159, green 82, blue 78
    secondary_colour red 0, green 0, blue 0
    loading_logo loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_egypt.tga
    standard_index 5
    logo_index FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    small_logo_index SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    triumph_value 5
    custom_battle_availability yes
    can_sap no
    prefers_naval_invasions no
    can_have_princess yes
    has_family_tree yes
    can_build_siege_towers no

It worked perfectly! Now my commander definitely have the english accent.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Glad to hear that worked. Might do it myself.

Ah! So that's how it's done.. worked splendid btw something worth mentioning, the picts doesn't have any accent at all :/ just silence. Is it possible to swap more factions in the ''desc_sm_factions.file'' so they get more appropriate accents? For example jutes having the eastern accent instead of the mediterranean and etc..

Alright! I have made a new ''desc_sm_factions.file'' and corrected accents for almost all factions. So for example I gave all the north german tribes the eastern slavic accent and central England the mediterreanean accent and so on.. some faction accents where already alright so I left them untouched, 2-3 factions doesn't have any accents at all but only silence and unfortunately I cannot fix that, but I have done what I can. With the teams permission I could upload the file here so that everyone can enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    Alright! I have made a new ''desc_sm_factions.file'' and corrected accents for almost all factions. So for example I gave all the north german tribes the eastern slavic accent and central England the mediterreanean accent and so on.. some faction accents where already alright so I left them untouched, 2-3 factions doesn't have any accents at all but only silence and unfortunately I cannot fix that, but I have done what I can. With the teams permission I could upload the file here so that everyone can enjoy it
    The accents I hope we can accurately address soon. Thank you Jolenko for your help with this. Yes...Please upload your changes to the file.

descr_sm_factions.txt

Anytime Let's see what you think!
    Last edited by Jolenko; January 27, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    descr_sm_factions.txt

Anytime Let's see what you think!
    This didn't work for me. Strathclyde and Goddodin still have german accents. Has this changed in the main game at all ?