Thread: Third Age crash and stuff

Default Third Age crash and stuff

Hello! So I downloadede the Thrid Age mod yesterday and I got it to laungh, but when I try to start a campain it just shuts down and gives me the ''Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.'' messege. I have now checked for any filles that are not suppost to be there and I cant find any, please help me with this because I really cant find the problem.

Default Re: Third Age crash and stuff

Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

1) Do you have Steam M2TW or non Steam M2TW?

2) What Windows (Operating System) do you have?

3) Have you downloaded and installed TATW 3.0 both parts + TATW 3.2 Patch? No error messages during the installation?

4) No other submods for TATW installed, only vanilla TATW ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have same problem i had battle in forest and first time i crashed when armies almost engage and it gave me that samse message and crashed i tried again but same i have no steam MW,Windows xp,Yes i instaled everything and no submods

bump

Quote Originally Posted by uB1C4 View Post
    I have same problem i had battle in forest and first time i crashed when armies almost engage and it gave me that samse message and crashed i tried again but same i have no steam MW,Windows xp,Yes i instaled everything and no submods
    1) Are there any reinforcements present on either side of this battle which crashes?

2) Are there any Dwarven Axethrowers present on either side?

3) Are there any special units pressent, like, Spiders, Ents, Sauron, Balrog.. ?

Also, here is a Kingdoms 2 GB RAM Patch ( Large Address Aware ) if you want to install it and try it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Guide-for-TATW
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hello,
    I have a similar problem, and hope someone can help me.
    My installation is correct, but sooner or later the game crashs down, when Mordor is on turn. No matter if i play Gondor(turn89), Eriador(turn29), Lorien(turn104), or dwarves(don`t remember the turn).
    I have a no Steam-Version, windows 7.
    And there are none of the special-units involved.
    lg, KaoS

Quote Originally Posted by -Kaos_ View Post
    Hello,
    I have a similar problem, and hope someone can help me.
    My installation is correct, but sooner or later the game crashs down, when Mordor is on turn. No matter if i play Gondor(turn89), Eriador(turn29), Lorien(turn104), or dwarves(don`t remember the turn).
    I have a no Steam-Version, windows 7.
    And there are none of the special-units involved.
    lg, KaoS
    Hey guys, I've a similar error;
    after removing the file: descr_geography_new.db + descr_geography_new.txt the game worked for a couple of days (honestly no playing much). Today i used for the first time the dwarfs axe throwers and the game crashed. I tried one more time and it crashed again. There is anything else that i should remove?

I have a gold version of total war :/

much appreciated!

I played with the Descr_strat txt in the new MOS 1.6.2, and cant start new campains. I tried changeing the code to ANSI but it didnt change anything. I still couldnt start new campains. I was hopeing i could just reinstal everything over again and start new or will i still not be able to start new campains? Any of you experts know the answer to this? Thanks if you can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaporc View Post
    Hey guys, I've a similar error;
    after removing the file: descr_geography_new.db + descr_geography_new.txt the game worked for a couple of days (honestly no playing much). Today i used for the first time the dwarfs axe throwers and the game crashed. I tried one more time and it crashed again. There is anything else that i should remove?

I have a gold version of total war :/

much appreciated!

Hey guys, i confirm is the dwarf axe throwers, if i play without them... no issue appears