Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Shadow of the North III

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Default [HS] Shadow of the North III

Shadow of the North III
    Third Age 3.2 Total War

This hotseat started off as a free-for-all game, but due to factions losing and players dropping out, it was reorganized on turn 28 into a team-based game. It was reorganized again on turn 55 into a game based on the three major alliances which had formed.

- Turn 55 Map :

- Turn 28 Map :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Original Map :

- Admin: Joerock22
    - Co-Admin: saleska2

- Factions/Teams/Players (reorganized turn 55):

The Free Alliance: JWANT
    In dark times, even races which once held contempt and open hostility for each other must unite and stand together against mutual destruction. So it is with the Free Alliance, a collection of Elves, Dwarves, Dunedain, and free men from Eriador. In the east, the Silvan Elves and Dwarves cling to survival, defending their homelands in Mirkwood and Erebor. In the west the situation is better; the hordes of orcs are mighty, but not as formidable as they once were. All is not lost. Though orcs and evil men close in from all sides, hope remains in the hearts of the soldiers of the Free Alliance. The Dwarves will hold Erebor to the last, and the Elves will not easily be defeated. The Dunedain and free men of Eriador will fight hard to reclaim their lost heartlands. What the Free Alliance lacks in numbers, it makes up for in sheer will, the determination to struggle onward even when all seems lost. A great darkness looms over Middle Earth, seeking to plunge the world into shadow and destroy everything that is good and green in the world. Whether that shadow be in the shape of an orc, or a savage from Rhun, the Free Alliance will keep the light alive, and hold the darkness at bay. Be gone, ye unholy blackness! Go back to the pits and barren wastelands from whence you came!

Alliance of the Orcs: Captainnorway
    For a time, victory was at hand for the Orcs. Lorien was conquered, and vast swaths of land in Eriador fell to their armies. It seemed that it was only a matter of time before all of Middle Earth fell under Sauron’s dominion. Then, sensing their peril, the enemies of Sauron united under one banner, and several defeats followed. Perhaps more worrisome, the savages from Rhun betrayed their master and rose up against Sauron’s rule. Now they too seek to take land which rightfully belongs to the Dark Lord. But the Orcs are nothing if not resilient. New armies have been raised to continue the fight. On every front, wave after wave of soldiers march to fight for the Dark Lord, ravenous for the flesh of His enemies. The Free Alliance may have delayed its destruction, but their soldiers are exhausted and their manpower reserves are dwindling. Their time will come. The Orcs will not be denied the blood of those who have resisted them for so long. And once all of the lands west of the Misty Mountains belong to Sauron, then the easterling traitors will feel His wrath as well. There is no hope against the shadow, no light which can prevail against the impending darkness. The Age of Men is over. The time of the Orc has come.

Empire of Rhun
    : Chieftain Khuzaymah

The many years, the Kingdom of Rhun lay quiet, seemingly dormant. Ignored by the rest of Middle Earth, they built up elite, well-trained armies, rigorously instructed their commanders in the art of war, and amassed an enormous treasury. The Loke-khan will need all three in order to realize his ambitions, which consist of nothing less than complete and utter dominion over all of Middle Earth. For too long has the world underestimated Rhun. For too long have men, elves, and dwarves looked down upon its people as uncivilized and inferior. Too many times have good men of the East perished at the whims of the lord of Mordor, who cares nothing for them and regards them only as cheap arrow fodder. Rhun will dwell in the shadows no longer. It is time for a great people to rise up and claim their rightful place in the world. All those who seek to resist, be they dwarf, elf, or man, will be trampled under the glittering golden armoured feet of the Loke-khan’s armies. And the orcs, who have always treated the people of Rhun as little better than slaves, will be exterminated down to the last filthy specimen. A great storm of sand and fire rises. The East is coming.

Campaign Lenght: Long
    Campaign Difficulty: Hard
    Battle Difficulty: Medium

- Victory conditions (updated turn 55):

~ Only one Alliance can win.
    ~ No making alliances with factions of other teams, or fighting alongside factions of other teams on the battlefield.
    ~ Game is over when one team captures 75% of the regions or all other teams surrender.

- Rules (taken from SOTN I):

BASIC RULES:
    - You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    - Turns must be played within 24 hours or you will be auto-subbed by an admin. If you fail to do your turn more than three times, without notifying anyone, you will be removed from the hotseat.
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact the Admin and ask him to check it.
    - You are not allowed to take any region beyond the white border shown on the map above.

BATTLE RULES:

- Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Attacking defeated armies the following turn is allowed.
    - Its ALLOWED to use seige equipment to attack city straight instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image.
    - All Player vs Player battles must be auto-resolved. Battles against AI can be played. Note: Screenshots are to be posted as evidence of auto-resolve.(The Odds and Results windows must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, and any Units/Agents/Regions not involved in the attack is fine).
    Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.
    - No surrounding enemy armies with one stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridge ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    if not in contact with the enemy army (which means the red zone around the enemy army)
    -No attacking ships inside a port. You cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first.
    -you can build only two forts per region max (it is meant per faction, so if faction A builttwo forts in region 1 ,also faction B can build his fort in the same region).
    -No Heroic Victories, this is because we allow reloading
    -You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further

SPY RULES:
    - Spies aren't allowed to spread plague.
    - Spies cannot open gates of settlements and forts, but they are allow to spy on enemy territory.

BUILDING RULES:
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    - No destroying of any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    - Any building except military buildings can be destroyed in settlement after you hold it for 3 turns
    - You are not allowed to exterminate a city. You must either sack it or occupy it. This is to prevent huge cities from turning into villages.

NO INVASIONS ALLOWED!
    - You cannot call an Invasion
    - You cannot join an Invasion
    - If an Invasion is called you must ignore it.

Last edited by joerock22; July 13, 2016 at 06:48 PM. Reason: hotseat reorganization
    TATW HS Community Award

Default Re: [HS] Shadow of the North III

Let's start this game!

Dale up http://www.filedropper.com/sotndale1

If you are unsure about something or need admin's interference always contact me either by PM or VM because I am not always checking all threads. Good luck and enjoy in game!
    TATW HS Community Award

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Just to make sure everything is set before we start playing turns: Is every faction able to recruit a diplomat? (Don't wanna have the same problem as with FP2)
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Also does Eriador get a population boost and some troops added since it cannot recruit within the first five turns? In a FFA I could get eaten alive without it!

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Theodore Butterwell XVII arrived in Dale 2 days ago, and on his arrival the northmen immediately greeted him as a god, as they should have, and made him Emperor of Dale, thus creating the 4th Butterwell Empire on the banks of the River Running. King Bard and his line will now act as the leader of the Imperial Armies and Theodore's first adviser. His first order of business was to prepare his new Empire for war against any attack, then he started working on his favorite ordeal, the economy. King Bard was obviously not a very good economist, but in due time under Theodore's rule Dale will become the bustling trade city as it should be. The Butterwell line has never failed in their quests to create economic superpowers wherever they go, and Theodore Butterwell XVII will not be the first in his line to fail! Finally he also sent a very kind letter to the Dwarves, their greatest allies that live in golden halls of Erebor, for if they disapprove of Dale's new Emperor than we shall have a bloody war on our hands. One that will end with the deaths of us all...

Also is Mordor getting any bonuses? I think they should get a small buff compared the SOTN 1 because this is FFA and not GvE, for all I know they've allied with the Elves

Dwarves up. http://www.filedropper.com/sotndwarves1

A very kind letter.

It will take time for King Dain and Gimli to decide what to do with the growing strength of the Dwarves, until then I would suggest alot of communication is in order. Drawing lines in the sand and what not.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by *Ranger*; October 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Extension is needed

Let me answer your questions;

1) I wasn't changing anything with diplomats since I am not sure how to enable that all factions can recruit them. Someone needs to show me that.

2) Eriador didn't get any boost because nobody told me to do so + Eriador had no boost in first Shadow of the North so I didn't thought it is necessary.

3) Mordor starts with Dol Guldur and inner forces + orc faction heir with a few troops outside.

If you aren't satisfied with those settings we can always restart but then I would appreciate if you tell me exactly what to do before we start again.
    TATW HS Community Award

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry my fault, I should've been more clear. SOTN map with FP2 setup since it was FFA. Sorry.

I don't believe we have to restart since you can just give pop to Mordor/Eriador and High Elves maybe???

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Pop can be given, but a diplomat can not I believe. In FP2 Axis fixed this, Matto should perhaps contact him to see how he did that.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Allright I managed to fix all problems by myself so below is the new save. Now all factions can recruit diplomats, Eriador, Mordor and HE have been boosted a bit and the first two also received some additional units.

Dale up once again.

http://www.filedropper.com/sotndale11
    TATW HS Community Award

So it seems we have 2 options.. Either we just play it as it is now, or maybe we can add some pop to a few factions.
    It doesn't really matter for me, as long as we get this HS going soon.

Im fine with the changes

KhalFrodo's Avatar Semisalis

Nice changes, really well played Matto

Dwarves up again, kind letters blah blah blah

http://www.filedropper.com/sotndwarves1

Eriador up!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian_Viking View Post
    So it seems we have 2 options.. Either we just play it as it is now, or maybe we can add some pop to a few factions.
    It doesn't really matter for me, as long as we get this HS going soon.
    Never mind that.
    Didn't see that Matto solved our problems

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian_Viking View Post
    Never mind that.
    Didn't see that Matto solved our problems
    No problem, also I like your avatar!

Thank you kind sir.

I felt that I needed an image suitable to the name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sigh..... as I am getting turn done my TATW crashes. Now I have to retake barrow downs all over again and fight that damn battle for the THIRD FREAKING TIME!!!!

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast