Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: OPEN ALPHA release | DOWNLOAD v0.85 |

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: OPEN ALPHA release

just installing this mod looks good

is there anything i should do if i change from early era to late? or anything els i should be careful of

i have it runing trough steam and i no i got to copy and paste the settings files if i change from early to late era

v0.81 doesn't have a late era campaign.
    so you won't have to worry about that, and in any case the SS_setup.exe takes care of everything when switching campaigns...

If you have troubles running the mod with steam, check my signature link to fix for mods on steam

If you have a working SS6.4, properly installed without UAC issues or modfolder renamed to one of the kingdoms campaign
    just unpack the titanium 7z in the mods folder so you have both an /SS6.3/ and /Titanium_Alpha/ folders...then Run the TITANIUM_SETUP.bat inside the Titanium_Alpha folder, choose your options and let it do it's magic .

i used your steam fix already with SS6.4 thanks it works with this allso

i installed in the mods n used the SSsetup.exe so can i play 66.4 aswell with out any problems like if i want a late era campaign

so when do i need to copy n past the strings.bin only if i change the erly to late on SS6.4?

if i install TATW will anything be affected?

sorry for the questions

TATW has nothing to do with SS, it's self contained in it's own TAWT folder, you can have it installed simultaneously.

I don't really understand what you did with your SS6.4.
    For all practises and purpose Titanium is like a standalone mod, only that it requires to copy over some files from SS6.4 (or transform SS6.4 into Titanium as described in the OP).

All this means you can perfectly keep your SS6.4 unaltered, while you also have Titanium in its own mod folder, like TATW.

yes this is how i got it set up and i use the launcher in titanium to play it

just the steam fix you said to make sure and copy and paste the strings.bin files when ever you change the SS settings thats all i was worried about

Ah yeah well that "fix" is far from perfect, I actually need to upload the concerning Titanium's string.bins cause they are a bit different than SS6.4 ones.

Could you please check the "Titanium_Alpha/data/text" and tell me which strings.bin are missing? (ie those .txt that do not have a strings.bin equivalent)

battle.txt.strings
    battle_descriptions.txt.strings
    i think its them 2 but ill send you a screen shotClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (40).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	407.3 KB 
ID:	318450

i dont no what its all about i just went off your steam fix lol

Sorry to backtrack a bit, on the spelling of Byzantine names and in the interests of consistency:

Medieval Latin texts have Nicephorus Bryennius and Joannes (Joannis in the genitive), rather than Stainless Steel’s Vryennios and Ioannis, e.g. http://books.google.de/books?id=mJHY...page&q&f=false and http://books.google.de/books?id=wLrU...page&q&f=false.

Alternatively, modern historians writing in English or German rather than Latin use the style of the Kings College database of Byzantine prosopography, followed also by Wikipedia. In this modern style, the spellings are Nikephoros Bryennios and Ioannes.
    http://db.pbw.kcl.ac.uk/jsp/person.jsp?personKey=107949 Nikephoros Bryennios usurper [1077]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikepho...os_the_Younger
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikephoros_Bryennios
    http://db.pbw.kcl.ac.uk/jsp/person.jsp?personKey=107259 Ioannes II Komnenos
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ioannes

Thanks Geoffrey will update those names asap
    what about the Vatatzes or should it be Batatzes?

@romanlegion13th:
    posted Titanium specific strings.bin in the OP, you can download them from there

okay thanks i copy and paste and overwrite everything

so im good to go now?

do i get a rep for helping lol

whens 1.0 looking at being ready?

will just say that v0.9 is still far away
    and rightly so as it will include a basic High Era campaign and possibly a bunch more goodies as unit models and better map textures.

how many moders is on your team?

Kinda hard to say, currently the most actives are paleologos and I but there's others such as Deteriorate and gsthoed who help around when they can. Also Geoffrey is helping with character names and Navajo Joe handles the whole SS subforums. Older members (most of them inactive) already did part of the work but apparently it was never merged together and is currently all scattered in the mod's mediafire account waiting for being integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Thanks Geoffrey will update those names asap
    what about the Vatatzes or should it be Batatzes?
    The Kings College database of medieval prosopography has Batatzes.

http://db.pbw.kcl.ac.uk/jsp/person.jsp?personKey=153098 Emperor Ioannes III Batatzes.

Wikipedia uses both spellings, Batatzes and Vatatzes. Some historians use Vatatzes. Patrologia Graeca has Batatzes. Batatzes would be more consistent with the other spellings.

I wish more modders would jump aboard to help out. It's funny but TW M2 is build upon the Medieval era yet so many other modders focus on differnt time periods like Rome, Fantasy, ect. using the M2 engine....I enjoy some of those mods like EB2, DBM and others but damn lol lets get a super uber mod based on what this games engine was built for!!

I doubt i'm alone here...i bet so many people would kill to have a super beefed up Stainless Steel type mod, which in essence Titanium and Dominion of the Sword is striving for.

A man can dream.....

I was looking at the "Campaign Map Preview" at the awesome new settlement models. When will they be implemented into the campaign man? They look so awesome i can't wait to use them
    This is the BEST SS submod, heck probably the best MTW2 mod. Well done!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subotai! View Post
    I was looking at the "Campaign Map Preview" at the awesome new settlement models. When will they be implemented into the campaign man? They look so awesome i can't wait to use them
    This is the BEST SS submod, heck probably the best MTW2 mod. Well done!
    It is evident that your taste in M2TW mods is one of the most sofisticated.

As Christmas Present from the Titanium Team

Titanium Alpha
    Patch v0.82

DOWNLOAD

MAIN FEATURES:

Real Combat 2.0
    also includes K/T's Polearms and Axe edits (removes Armour Piercing but increases their damage balancing these weapons vs the various target types)
    Paleologos Roman Empire Early Units Pack
    Levy Infantry and Archers, new Acontistae and Contaratoi models
    Roman Empire Expanded Family Tree
    adds the Palaiologoi, Angeloi, Komnenos Doukai and Laskaris, either as part of the extended Imperial Komnenos family or Generals with their own family.

Changelog:
    - Real Combat 2.0 Added
    - Royal Ties trait effect description was wrong stating it added +3 loyalty while it really was +2
    - Sherwood Archers nixed for good.
    - Tweak on baltic rebel subfactions, making them more likely to spawn stacks
    - Update for RLC script because the Royal Envoy dummy unit was reclassified as non-combatant spearmen to avoid issues with RC2.0 changes.
    - More Names Courtesy of Geoffrey of Villehardouin
    - Armor Piercing removed from Polearms and Axes, in return their damage havebeen increased to compensate, this leads to a more balanced overall performanceof units with these weapons.comments of the changes are included in the EDU file.
    - Armour upgrades in smith building tree updated to work with RC2.0
    - Character names ending with a special characters (#, +, _) and their associated bug fixed
    - "Viking" units names changed to "Norse"
    - Added some missing UI files
    - Byzantine Starting Family Expanded and Updated
    - Missing greek culture dead generals portraits
    - miscellaneous tweaks (shared, strat and tooltips.txt)
    - Since inconsistency in UI info images sizes can incur in CTDs here are most of the deviant images resized to 432x172px which the standard size for most SS portraits. There still remain lots of them using vanilla M2 vertical style, but those don't seem to cause trouble unlike the ones edited here.
    - Byzantine early era model pack by Paleologos: Peasant Archers, Peasants/Levy Infantry, Acontistae, Contaratoi
    - Update for Abbasid faction standings: should like even less the Fatimids now for real.
    - Slight change in RLC script replacing Eikundarsund for Oslo as Courtesan lady spawning settlement.
    This in in view that the new map won't have Eikundarsund as a settlement.
    - Changed terrain type Swamp name for Wetlands so it can represent marshes and other similar biomes.
    - Updated list of junk files to be removed with batch files.

REQUIREMENTS:
    - Titanium Alpha v0.81

PATCH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    -First of all run the SS_setup.exe and disable all submods.
    -Extract Titanium_Alpha_0.82_patch.7z content into M2TW "mods" folder
    -Run the TITANIUM_CLEANER.bat inside the Titanium_Alpha folder
    -Run again the SS_setup.exe and select your submods again

STEAM USERS:
    missing strings.bin files

Enjoy and have Happy Holidays!!!
    As usual don't forget to report bugs

Chef_Jimmy's Avatar Libertus

is v0.82 stand alone? can I install it over 6.4 & bug fix & it will be all inclusive? do I need earlier alpha versions?

Senator

Yay! Well done team