Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: OPEN ALPHA release | DOWNLOAD v0.85 |

Default Re: OPEN ALPHA release

Is it possible to avoid the water effect on the rivers alltogether?
    Is it possible to avoid the water animation effect alltogether?
    IDK, i haven't seen anything in the visual settings to do so.
    campaign map rivers seem to always have the river flow animation no mater what.

I'm interested in knowing if the rivers glitch is an engine bug when too many rivers are displayed or is rather something caused by my limited GFX card.

Btw, Hannibal crossed the Alps, there should be no such things as impassable mountains. (I mean every mountain should have its passages)
    Is it possible to have areas on the map that incur a greater movement point cost than others (excluding roads of course)?
    Aye, an extraordinary feat that not many dared to do specially with elephants xD, in most mountain ranges of the campaign map there are "hidden" passages (the arabian desert has one too ) that can be used for this.
    I'm not sure but i think that mountainous terrain type already incurs in movement points reduction.

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Just wondering would it be worthwhile starting a campaign with this or wait for a more stable release?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

I have run multiple campaigns past 300 turns without a single CTD, and all of the CTD's I've experienced have been solved by simply reloading my last save. Definitely worthwhile to start playing now.

Melooo182 why you can't run G5 Settlement Fixes All in 1 automatically in your titanium project

Well my internet speed is really slow and sometimes unstable, so uploading larger files can be extremely annoying for me.
    When we get to BETA phase i'll find someone with good internet conexion to upload everything in a single package for me

Hey Melooo! Maybe you could put a note that you need to run the SS setup in the Titanium_Alpha folder in your installation instructions. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out . Looks really good .

Hey Melooo. Why the Holy Roman Empire no trebuchets.The Holy Roman Empire, and so the worst troops of archers and cavalry. And besides, no trebuchets.This imbalance. And again, look for the Teutonic order icon mounted sergeants.

http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/HRE/Trebuchet.html
    do you meet the requirements for the trebuchets?
    all siege weapons remain unaltered from SS6.4's Real Recruitment

Just checked the EDU and EDB and they seem fine, so HRE should have them at siege works after the rudder event at 1180.

About the ranged units, well they have the same feudal ranged units than most western europe.

Possible extra unique units might be added as the Alpha stage progresses to Beta...currently only Paleologos Byzantine units are being worked on.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

any idea when the next patch will be out?

Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    look for the Teutonic order icon mounted sergeants.
    TO light swordsmen and both MAA and dismounted MAA are lacking the correct icons as well, i had forgotten about that.
    will fix for v0.81
    Quote Originally Posted by MRENGLISHRULES View Post
    any idea when the next patch will be out?
    soon, almost there
    possibly this weekend

Alpha Release v0.81

Everything is merged in a single pack, including G5 settlement tweaks, hence the file size increase.
    This will be the last update for a while, as next version 0.9 will bring some huge changes, mainly the finished Early Era map along RC2.0 and possibly a 1st tryout of the High Era Campaign.

Changelog:
    - Levy Infantry models for all cultures, some will be replaced later by better ones.
    - Abbasid using timurid banners bug fixed.
    - Heavy Mail models for Light Men at Arms, they are just beefier and have some different torso textures, both variants are now available to the rebels.
    - CTD caused by extra revolting armies fixed.
    - Extra names added as well other miscellaneous tweaks to name files.
    - Made Crusader States prefer naval invasions in hope they try to invade Mediterranean islands and escape usual Fatimid onslaught.
    - Fixed Abbasid Military ancillaries and traits, they were still using Timurid/Mongol ones.
    - Fixed Aragon Men at Arms early access inconsistencies, now they do have early access regardless of the stable building level.
    - New Teutonic Order icons and info images for Mounted Sergeants, Light and later Men at Arms.
    - Other Miscellaneous fixes to the battlemodel.modeldb file (mismatching normal maps etc)
    - Textures Miscellaneous tweaks, specular relflections, TO peasants correct texture etc.
    - Fatimid vs Abbasid AI standings tweaked, they should like less each other now.
    - Some tweaks to Rebels Campaign AI from Beermugcarl's Improvements, in theory rebels should defend more their settlements.
    - Moved Bridge blocked by mountain near Thessalonika.
    - Land Bridge near Arta to the Peloponesos fixed, is guarded by the Fort nearby.

Download is in the Opening Post

Apologies to those 8 people who downloaded v0.81 before 0:00 UTC timing, you'll have to redownload the whole thing

OR

open Titanium_Alpha/data/campaign/early/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_start.txt with notepad or similar
    then with ctrl+f search for Il-Arslan and replace that with Il_Arsla#n
    Then run SS_setup.exe

Those that downloaded the pack after the aforementioned time, can ignore this post

Thanks Meloo! Wonderful work!

Has anyone played with any of the Republics (venice, genoa, novgorod)?
    if so can you share your experience with their faction leaders succession and the "council" approval?
    Are there any faction heir, after the 1st one?

About rebels CAI, is it better or worse than before?

About Abbasids and Fatimids AI relations, has anyone seen them attacking each other early in the campaign or do they always ceasefire?

Thanks!

Abbasids and Fatamids just announced ceasefire turn 6, VH campaign difficulty, Soulson's ai

Also, a rebel army group attacked my approaching army group before it reached the rebel's settlement Pskov. The balance of power was in their favour so it makes sense for them to attack before I gather more reinforcements.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

My Knyaz (the one I started the game with) has the trait "lacks a legitimate heir" although I [previously approached a Kievan princess and married her to my heir (guy who starts off in Moscow)

hello team titanium, forgive me im noobish to this website as far as posting goes this is my first. Im late to the stainless steel scene but im a vet TW player playing since the onset. Ive been looking for a sub mod just like yours to compliment SSTW, and your work seems to be what im looking for, im out on disability leave and im ready to pump hours into titanium But im having a huge problem downloading this, i keep trying and getting a message that the content is corrupt can someone guide me to titanium greatness! once i get it downloaded ill have no problem implimenting it but i cant get it.... is there a way to get this via torrent? IDK i just want to test your hard work. Thankyou, TheDude
    ps: srry if this is a bad place for this post hate on the noob poster if need be

Try unzip the downloaded file with the 7-zip program; it is the "safest" way

Icon6 Re: OPEN ALPHA release

Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    Try unzip the downloaded file with the 7-zip program; it is the "safest" way
    Thank you for your post dude, i was actually having a problem in the intitial download process idk why it wasnt downloading the whole file... but perhaps it was something on my end or something temp with media file or something else im not aware of im not sure, anyway late last night i managed to get the job done! so im unpacking now ; So if i find a random bug do i post it here so team titanium can be aware of it or is there a better place? lol im very excited to delve into this, also is there anyway to learn how to dabble in modding myself? it seems to me to be a really cool experience and i usually pick up things fast, id like to dabble in messing with family tree info and pics like with the crusader states or maybe even all, i was a hisory major and that geek part of me wants to add in historically accurate family trees... any advice on that front would be very welcome thx! TheDude

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    Thank you for your post dude, i was actually having a problem in the intitial download process idk why it wasnt downloading the whole file... but perhaps it was something on my end or something temp with media file or something else im not aware of im not sure, anyway late last night i managed to get the job done! so im unpacking now ; So if i find a random bug do i post it here so team titanium can be aware of it or is there a better place? lol im very excited to delve into this, also is there anyway to learn how to dabble in modding myself? it seems to me to be a really cool experience and i usually pick up things fast, id like to dabble in messing with family tree info and pics like with the crusader states or maybe even all, i was a hisory major and that geek part of me wants to add in historically accurate family trees... any advice on that front would be very welcome thx! TheDude

So i just read under the unpacking directions this is where you post bugs lol so ignore me for not reading all hahaha, but any advice in minor moding and how 2s/getting started if i could id like 2 add to historical content if i can or if that interests this team at all, but ive never dabbled in this modding art

There is a forum about Tools, Tutorials, and Resources in the Mod Workshop, where you can find almost everything about modding (here is a list). If you have any new feature/modification to suggest, post about it in the Titanium Suggestions & Complaints thread in the stickies.