Thread: OPEN ALPHA release | DOWNLOAD v0.85 |

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: OPEN ALPHA release

I want to ask somethings:
    1) Can you ask the very big names? There are some errors:

2) Is it updated with latest bug fixes?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Y-BUGS-IN-HERE
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but is there a reason that the starting faction leader and faction heir for the Oborites have the "catholic" trait. Is that a mistake, because it seems kinda silly that they should start as a pagan faction then, even if it is "historically accurate", ....if it is not a mistake.

Yep that's historically accurate, hence why you can choose to convert the whole faction to christianity or not...Obotrites are not meant to be an easy faction...after all they have the history against them.

@b0Gia: corrupt download/extraction?
    I recommend you to use 7-zip instead of WinRAR
    About bugfixes, yeah it has them.

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Interesting, I guess I will just have to go on with my campaign and see how it turns out. It will make it far more difficult, I'm sure, to keep the Oborites pagan. Thanks.

Hmm, I am torn between getting this mod or SSHIP for my next campaign. What should I do?? Which one is better??

Nahrime's Avatar Libertus

Are there going to be any beta releases or just all in 1.0??

Okay so I decided to get Titanium. Looks awesome, and I'm excited for what's to come!

I'm just curious though as to why dismounted Halbrudders are better than dismounted Ritterbruders? Shouldn't (in theory) a full member of the order be better trained and equipped than one who is not?

Don't mind the units. I don't think any unit changes have been implemented in alpha. Should look a lot different on the battlefield when they get to the full release. Manually change the units if you like. It's pretty easy.

Guys I need help testing this map

I get graphical glitches in the area between Murom, Rostov and Voronezh (almost at the upper right corner of the map)
    dunno if is my GFX or is something deep wrong with the map i've been working on

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f...tanium_test.7z
    Drop the files in /Titanium_Alpha/data/ folder

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    I tried to test the map but the Descr units file has so many unknown unit types. After changing all the horses from lancer/brawler/charger back to regular heavy horse etc... it moved on to unknown projectiles. Do you have a unit file compatible with our version? Is anyone else having this issue? I get ctd on load with the new unit file and the old file won't let me start a campaign to test the map.

Sorry, I shouldnt had included the EDU in that package

...However it should work for you, if you apply the map files over Titanium 0.82, as it has already the RC2.0 changes.

I copied the files and i got ctd upon opening the campaign.

20:23:36.325 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 21, column 5
    couldn't find rebel faction(NorthIsles_Rebels), going to set it to (gladiator_uprising)
    20:23:36.326 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1005, column 5
    couldn't find rebel faction(Nice_Rebels), going to set it to (gladiator_uprising)
    20:23:36.326 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1107, column 5
    couldn't find rebel faction(Galicia_Rebels), going to set it to (gladiator_uprising)
    [/QUOTE]

yeah i probably needed to include the rebel subfaction files

DL updated, you can try again

I didn't get or realize any glitches except there are no trees between those regions.

I get graphical glitches in the area between Murom, Rostov and Voronezh (almost at the upper right corner of the map)
    dunno if is my GFX or is something deep wrong with the map i've been working on

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f...tanium_test.7z
    Drop the files in /Titanium_Alpha/data/ folder
    Do you still need to test this?

Post some pics of the glitches.

Hey guys,
    I'm having an issue with what I believe to be the RLC submod. I have followed the installation instructions for SS and Titanium and the only file edit I've made after that was changing the recruit time for royal envoys from 8 to 1 for ease of testing. Whenever a royal envoy is in the recruitment queue, and I press "end turn" Medieval 2 just crashes. If switched to an 8 turn recruitment time, the first 7 turns ticks over fine, but the 8th also causes CTD.
    Here are the last few lines of the log, if it helps at all. From what I can tell, the script tries to access the tga file and that causes it to crash for some reason. Why, however, I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

02:17:40.669 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/pips/pip_heretic.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.924 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.924 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga,11564
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga,11564
    02:17:41.925 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Titanium_Alpha/data/ui/units/RLC/#Royal_Envoy.tga (from: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    02:17:42.151 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

You unpack using 7z hope ? If yes, then you fall because you have Steam version .
    Last edited by BuTAJIuK; May 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    You unpack using 7z hope ? If yes, then you fall because you have Steam version .
    I reinstalled everything with 7z, although I don't see how it would make a difference. Same error.

And yes I have the Steam version, but why would that be a problem?

You method 2 do ? If so you must first unzip the 0.8.1 and only when you fully install 0.8.1 , then placed on top of 0.8.2 . So all you have done ?