Thread: NTRealism Installation

Default NTRealism Installation

How do I know that it worked. I placed the download in the data folder and 7-ziped to extract. Noticed nothing different on front page. Thanks guys and gals.

Decanus

Default Re: NTRealism Installation

Ya it would be nice if this mod had a splash screen but you've got to look at the musket ranges - they'll be 50 and 65. It's a fantastic mod though you'll have to get used to some battle situations where it seems like nothing will die. I argue the kill rate/fire arms accuracy could come up while reload could go down slightly.. but anyway the overall experience on the battlefield becomes a rather realistic thing.

Artifex

I think the accuracy is accurate.
    - According to American Civil War data, there was 1 casualty for every 200 shots fired. I doubt it was much better in the Napoleonic era which had worse rifles.
    - Line infantry was not supposed to target a specific enemy. They simply fired forwards.
    - Of course, if you fire at maximum distance, accuracy is not as good as at close range.
    - Let's not forget that the smoke makes things more difficult.
    - Constantly firing and reloading decreases the cohesion which further decreases accuracy.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Suspended

Hi. I have a problem with installation. After download there is only one file NER_Main.pack althought there should be four others. When I put this main pack into data the game crush. Can anyone help me?

got a simple question about installation, too.

how can i install this mod with german texts?

hmm, good question. If i remember right, text file is included in the pack, and there are quite a few changes to it... so technically, you could rework your file, but its an insane amount of work...