Thread: i want some advices with Ptolemay in Augustus Campaign

Praepositus

Default i want some advices with Ptolemay in Augustus Campaign

As Egypt i amm i war with Antony which and his allies armenia and Pontus and Thrace have conquered half the map. i Have protectorates the African kingdoms in the south. 2 things trouble me my protectorates dont even move from the south to attack my foes and i cannot build a good all around army with ptolemaic roster. Especially African Nomads army create me huge problems while itis not so tough to deal with Antonius Evocati cohorts. Any ideas and Suggestions?

Default Re: i want some advices with Ptolemay in Augustus Campaign

Against the African Nomad Armies, you must build Armies that are comparable Flexible. Build Thureos Units, Spear Cavalry and lots of Skirmishers and Bowmen. Those should be flexible and deadly enough to kill the African Nomads.
    Dont give a damn about your protectorates, they are useless. ^^

Ptolemaic roster is very good, you have both pikes and great archers as well as some cheap melee units.
    Archers murder all javelin armed troops; perfect counter to Africans.
    Cheap spearmen are OK to absorb the javs while javelinment are still alive. Don't bring pikes against the africans, as skysk mentioned eitger expendable or large shield units are best.

and think twice about going to iberia. that is one javelin loaded region...

Praepositus

i see i like thyreos units but i wanted to avoid using to much skirmishers . But it seems the only way i can deal with their light spearmen plus skirmishers is to create similar armies

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    i see i like thyreos units but i wanted to avoid using to much skirmishers . But it seems the only way i can deal with their light spearmen plus skirmishers is to create similar armies
    Correct. 100 points for Gryffindor!