Thread: Info about Serbia and Bulgaria

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Info about Serbia and Bulgaria

Hey guys, I'm making a mod that will include those factions, it starts in XIII century and I'm looking for info: Were those faction independent around 1230? If so, which territories they had under their control? I will be grateful for info from descr_names file too, I mean names, surnames and bynames of Serbian and Bulgarian royal dynasties and nobility.

Default Re: Info about Serbia and Bulgaria

well i can help you with the bulgarian side
    First Bulgaria and Serbia where both independent
    here is a map of Bugaria

Tzar of Bulgaria is Ivan Asen 2
    Despot of Solun is Mixail Komnin(Despot is like a vassal)

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: Info about Serbia and Bulgaria

Manuel Komnenos was indeed a vassal of Ioan Asen II, but the title of Despot does not by itself signify vassalage.

As for Hellvard's question - it depends on whether your mod starts before or after the 9th of March. You can also use this map (where you can see the old and new borders, as well as the years of campaigns), with the note that the lands north of the Danube most certainly didn't extend that far (especially in Moldova) - Ioan Asen probably only controlled parts of the Wallachian plains, like in the German map above. You can also note that the striped lands in the south are the vassalaged remains of the Epirote Despotate (i.e. after the 9th of March).