Thread: how to break unit size limit

Default how to break unit size limit

Hello, I know this is probably in the wrong place and has probably been asked before but I can't find an answer. Can someone please tell me what I must do to break the hard code limit of 255 for personal use, or at least tell me where I can find this information.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: how to break unit size limit

No can do as it would fall under "Illegal Activities" in the Terms pf Service being as it is against the game's EULA you agreed to to install it.

Not even for personal use on a really old game? Also, is it just a number I can edit somewhere, or is it an entire reverse engineering ordeal? Can you at least tell me that?

Can't tell you without getting me or the that does in trouble. Software companies are very finicky about enforcing their End User License Agreements, especially game companies even if Rome is ten years old. The closest any of will come is when our members figure out the hooks and release a Memory Editing program and one of the things will be an increase in units and unit sizes.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Memory-Editing is the M2 version with I think a link to he Rome version being worked on.

Oh well, I guess I will go cry in a corner until the memory editing projects are ready. Thanks for responding.

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Can tell you it had been done - the guy tried to get permisson from CA - but didn't get it - the project got abandoned.

However - i've got my hands on it - it never really worked due to pathfinding issues in relation to those
    bigger unit sizes which ended up in CTD's.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

Take a look at Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits Memory Editing

Near the top it is mentioned that he has had success reaching 300.

Yeas but they have not released the Memory Editing tool to us.