Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penis grown in lab

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Penis grown in lab

And here I thought the show South Park was being tongue-in-cheek with that episode involving Mr. (or Mrs.?) Garrison.

The lab-grown penis: approaching a medical milestone: After more than 20 years of research, a team of scientists are bioengineering penises in the lab which may soon be transplanted safely on to patients. It is an extraordinary medical endeavour that has implications for a wide range of disorders

Now that's amazing! Especially for the unfortunate souls who've had penile cancer and lost one or all of their genital parts. Now if only we could preserve the brain in perpetuity and live for eternity with regrown penises and other body parts that need occasional replacing...

Default Re: Penis grown in lab

No more revenge mutilations then? How will we women ever control our husbands now?!

A bit more on topic, that's pretty amazing with some far reaching implications indeed.

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

I only skimmed but I'm guessing its non-functional in terms of erections and sensitivity. They sort of glossed over that but ...

Microsurgery to connect the vessels and nerves in the penis is possible but often ineffective. Lue is testing whether injecting stem cells into the base of the penis can encourage the nerves and cells to rejoin. His work might also help Atala and Yoo to stimulate nerve and vessel regrowth when the day comes for the first in-man trial of a bioengineered penis. Twenty-two years into his research to bioengineer a human penis, Atala is a man who is both excited and impatient for that day. And you’d suspect he’s not the only one.
    If this is perfected, I'm waiting for the first guy with a wee one, to opt to get a transplanted bigger one.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Hm...

I recall the regrown ear procedure, in China. The new ear was cultivated/growing on the patient's forehead.

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Visna View Post
    No more revenge mutilations then? How will we women ever control our husbands now?!
    Good question. Have you considered BDSM and dominatrix stuff? There is a sex role reversal thing called "pegging" that you could Google at your own risk. Hint: it involves a long rubber object. However, that's not safe for work (NSFW) or TWC's ToS for that matter, so I'll just end it there.

This sort of science is still in its infancy, as Phier basically points out, and it has yet to be perfected. As Kyriakos says, though, there have been successes. However, I would refrain from growing ears on foreheads. I'm not sure Confucius would be in favor of that.

As for female genitalia, apparently from 2005 to 2008 there were vaginas that were also grown in labs for transplanting. I would imagine that sort of thing could benefit a northeast African woman who has been mutilated with "circumcision" that removed part of the clitoris, or the whole thing! Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes to mind.

The technical term being futanari, but I'm guessing those sessions will cost you an easy ten grand.

A more practical application might be a double or triple dong clone(s), though I imagine all blood really will drain from your brain.

But the first applications will likely be the unfortunate ones who were hit by IEDs or anti-personnel mines.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

The "Has science gone too far?" meme is starting to becoming frighteningly relevant.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

The time has come. Finally something that might cleanse the internet of penis enlargement supplement commercials.

You know the old question, what part of the human body can enlarge ten times? So with nano-materials added at strategic places, you can have a new and improved member.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

The problem isn't that some men have small penises, the problem is that some women have large vaginas.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Indefinitely Banned

I wonder how that penis grew.Was it a nice girl in the lab?Or a dog?Or just a man?That is yet to be seen.
    Last edited by King of the Ring; October 08, 2014 at 11:40 PM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

There is also an early soviet-era novella titled 'Heart of a dog', which enables a poor dog to become a functioning member of the communist party.
    :\
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

You need to go ahead and salute your comrade then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I only skimmed but I'm guessing its non-functional in terms of erections and sensitivity. They sort of glossed over that but ...

If this is perfected, I'm waiting for the first guy with a wee one, to opt to get a transplanted bigger one.
    This is the sole purpose of the billions of dollars that were likely funneled into the project. Male penile insecurity is already a multi-billion dollar business whose fake products attract well known celebrity sponsors like Jimmy Johnson to haunt the dreams of late night television viewers.

Once they test it out on some veterans and other unfortunate accident victims I'm sure there is a line out the door of super rich individuals awaiting the procedure.

This has world changing implications, now that certain individuals can "fix" their penis problems they no longer have to be such complete and utter dicks to everyone. I see world poverty ending in a matter of decades after this procedure becomes within reach of at least the richest in society.

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    This is the sole purpose of the billions of dollars that were likely funneled into the project. Male penile insecurity is already a multi-billion dollar business whose fake products attract well known celebrity sponsors like Jimmy Johnson to haunt the dreams of late night television viewers.

Once they test it out on some veterans and other unfortunate accident victims I'm sure there is a line out the door of super rich individuals awaiting the procedure.

This has world changing implications, now that certain individuals can "fix" their penis problems they no longer have to be such complete and utter dicks to everyone. I see world poverty ending in a matter of decades after this procedure becomes within reach of at least the richest in society.
    I got bad news for you....

Wealth is correlated with height...

http://www.economist.com/node/1099333

And height is correlated with penis size...

http://statgasm.com/penis-size-predi...ct-penis-size/

So odds are that rich guy has a bigger one than you
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Well we aren't talking wages when we are discussing billionaires none of whom amassed their fortunes by earning 1.7% more per inch than their shorter counterparts. Unless they are towering thousand foot tall titans, which wouldn't surprise me at all because they are truly gods among us mere peons, better in every way and anyone who would suggest otherwise is clearly just jealous.

I would say that clearly these products aren't marketed to the poor who generally accept living with their body (having real problems to focus their efforts on instead), .

Im not rich, and im not particular tall either even if i have a slender figure, yet have an enormous pennis my father had one just like it, my brothers are the same...
    What gives?

... probably due to my jewish ancestors....

Seriously never mind it in my life until i begun to be sexual active, where people would coment it, i still dont mind it but now im sure im above average and all that jazz, and i still dont find it a "big deal" pun not intended but acording to you i should be rich, that i tell you! i do mind. Special trough the times im living right now.

This matter a side, Correlation does not imply causation, and anything is or can be correlated to anything in the world if we compare it so, doesnt mean is even factor at play.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 09, 2014 at 08:58 PM.

Well, I had a feeling this subject would inspire some heated discussion. Looks like my hunch was right.

The proposal that this new science could potentially change the whole of society is perhaps a bit hyperbolic, but nevertheless it's an indicator of the amazing achievements made in biological engineering these days. Everyone went bonkers back in the 1990s when we first cloned a sheep, Dolly. Now look at the advances in stem cell research; it's amazing to think we could possibly cure so many ailments and diseases that are presently incurable. Hell, we can regrow body parts. I'm not sure which is cooler: that or all the new models of bionic body parts and high tech prosthetic limbs coming out these days that are linked to the nervous system.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Heated discussion, good. Going off topic in page 1 already, bad. Let's see...

This isn't heated discussion, this was a political rant which was nothing but a inflammatory post and for some reason its still there. This isn't the section for it.

My shameful truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast