Thread: Some queries regarding Avatar conquest

Default Some queries regarding Avatar conquest

Hi! Newbie here and I've just started my journey in Shogun 2 avatar conquest. I was hoping to get a few questions answered. I've searched but I haven't found a definitive answer to my questions so here's hoping you guys can help.

1. Matchlock units - Assuming your are on flat terrain, do matchlock units have enough proficiency to shoot at enemies when they are screened by melee units? Or will my screening melee units be shredded by my matchlocks? I know that the most ideal way to do this melee screen is if you have your matchlocks up a hill and your melee units below the hill but we aren't always fortunate to have the terrain advantage.

2. Wedge formation - Does it really have a greater effect in terms of charge bonus or is it better to charge in a long single line attempting to tie up several units?

3. Reload skill vs accuracy - as I'm just starting, which skill would be most beneficial at the start?

4. Army value - at what rank should I start increasing my army value? I've been sticking to the 5,000 army value so far and even then, I get matched up with high level players and I feel I have a better chance of winning in these scenarios as he'll have to pick lower tier units which are usually less experienced.

5. Stacked debuffs - does the effects of whistling arrows, the warcry of tetsubo monks and warcry of the marathon monks stack?

Looking forward to your helpful insight guys!

Foederatus

Default Re: Some queries regarding Avatar conquest

1. They will kill lots of your own men, but assuming the bullets fly true, they might kill more of the enemy men, so I suppose you could put a bunch of yari ashigaru in loose formation in front of your teppo troops, but honestly, having them in a shootout isn't an ideal way tyo use them in the first place, either use them as shotgunners and then pull to the flank or just start them there in the first place.
    2. Wedge makes it so you charge deeper into the enemy lines equating more kills but in terms of affecting the actual stat no, but it basically does more damage on the charge, not as advisable, if you're wanting to pull out quicker though.
    3. This is too vague of a question: are you asking about your general? Your vet units? Units in general? What?
    4. This is really a matter of preference, because even at the smallest army value a high level player can just plop down a few units that are nigh unbreakable and just route your force, or snipe you from afar, so it really is a matter of how big of a battle you're looking for, though I personally enjoy small just because it seems much more tactical, if I wanna play a big battle, I'll do it with a friend, in single player, or just fire up a turn based game, because honestly flanking and morale make this game too easy at times for me.
    5. Yes they do, but not the same effect on the same unit twice.
    Ask more questions and hopefully you'll improve and make the game more fun for everyone, though I hope you'll actually see this post. XD