Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAC version 0.7 Issue (bug) reporting thread

Icon4 CAC version 0.7 Issue (bug) reporting thread

Use this thread when posting your issue (bug) reports concerning CAC v.0.7. Do not use this thread to post feedback or discuss this mod. It is done here instead!

Issue reports should comply with the following template:

• Description of the issue
    • Campaign where issue was encountered
    • What faction you're playing
    • Any specific unit or feature involved
    • Additional information or details

Note that all scripted events are written in the CAC log file after they occurs. You will find the log file in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\Logs
    Just attach the log file to your issue report if it is relevant.

We will use this information to correct any bugs in the mod. Please note that not every issue is a bug and may be the result of a design decision instead

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: CAC version 0.7 Issue (bug) reporting thread

I'm taking notes as I play, but I'll just post what I have here so far in hopes of a quick hotfix in the near future. If I find more bugs I'll just edit this post as opposed to making new ones.

Startpos:
    First end turn is VERY slow. I imagine it's just from the scripts firing up, since every subsequent turn is fine.

Campaign Map:
    Tech tree doesn't show any buildings, just the bonuses.

Faction-specific:

Basileion tou Kimmerikou Bosporou -
    Level 2 barracks loses ability to make the troops from the level 1 barracks.
    Toxotai Sindoi, Sindoi Hippotoxotai, Peltastai Euxinoi shown to require script. I assume this is because Pontus can also use those units, but only after they form the Pontic League.

Quote Originally Posted by Black9 View Post
    I'm taking notes as I play, but I'll just post what I have here so far in hopes of a quick hotfix in the near future. If I find more bugs I'll just edit this post as opposed to making new ones.

Startpos:
    First end turn is VERY slow. I imagine it's just from the scripts firing up, since every subsequent turn is fine.

Campaign Map:
    Tech tree doesn't show any buildings, just the bonuses.

Faction-specific:

Basileion tou Kimmerikou Bosporou -
    Level 2 barracks loses ability to make the troops from the level 1 barracks.
    Toxotai Sindoi, Sindoi Hippotoxotai, Peltastai Euxinoi shown to require script. I assume this is because Pontus can also use those units, but only after they form the Pontic League.
    Thanks for the speedy reporting :-)

I was able to replicate all three issues and fix them. I will upload a 7.0.1 version within a few hours. Feedback on the issues:
    1. Missing building in tech tree was located in the building_levels and was a minor fix
    2. Missing units at level-2 barracks was a more general problem concerning many CAC units in Greek building line. All should be fixed now
    3. Script restriction was correctly tied to Pontic League. This was also a general script problem and all are corrected for now. A more permanent solution will be added in 0.8

First turn is probably the script as you noted ;-)

Cheers
    Iutland

Nice mod!

But,
    Roman faction garisson units are a mix of everything from hastati to imperial units.

Oops, should have mentioned its hastati all the way to imperial garrisson troops right from the start.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Version 7.0.1, Playing as Armenia, Pontus, Egypt...

Bug: A General that has not yet been recruited (or a Agent that has not yet been created) does not have any information about his skills or attributes. Only after he has been recruited, he seems to show attributes.

Screen here should show what i mean: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=323865164 . If General had been recruited once, Attributes of him are visible in Recruitment-View.

My guess is, because you have a seperate "cac" in the charakter skills traits? Like "cac_character_skill_nodes"? The Skills seem to be loaded correctly onto the General/Agent, but are not shown before creation?

//// EDIT: As of 24 hours later, i at least can't reproduce the bug with Ptolemaic-Egypt.... With Armenia it still stands....
    Last edited by skysyk; October 08, 2014 at 05:59 AM.

Graphical Issue: Faces of Generals/Diplomatic Faces-Textures are oddly foggy and sluggish. I play everything on Ultra, and in all other Mods the Face Textures load correctly, in CAC they dont.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=323892032

Quote Originally Posted by skysyk View Post
    Graphical Issue: Faces of Generals/Diplomatic Faces-Textures are oddly foggy and sluggish. I play everything on Ultra, and in all other Mods the Face Textures load correctly, in CAC they dont.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=323892032
    I haven't seen that when playing/testing CAC. CAC does not add new bodypart textures for Generals etc. but use the same ones as vanilla, so it seems unlikely that it is caused by CAC.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Version 7.0.1, Playing as Armenia, Pontus, Egypt...

Bug: A General that has not yet been recruited (or a Agent that has not yet been created) does not have any information about his skills or attributes. Only after he has been recruited, he seems to show attributes.

Screen here should show what i mean: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=323865164 . If General had been recruited once, Attributes of him are visible in Recruitment-View.

My guess is, because you have a seperate "cac" in the charakter skills traits? Like "cac_character_skill_nodes"? The Skills seem to be loaded correctly onto the General/Agent, but are not shown before creation?

//// EDIT: As of 24 hours later, i at least can't reproduce the bug with Ptolemaic-Egypt.... With Armenia it still stands....
    It may only be relevant for starting Characters? Is it a consistent issue for all factions or just the ones you mention?

Thank you :-)
    Iutland

Default CAC version 0.7 Issue (bug) reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by zer0n0ught View Post
    Oops, should have mentioned its hastati all the way to imperial garrisson troops right from the start.
    I will take a look at it. It may be a side effect of patch15 because it was not present 4 weeks ago and it should be easy to correct. Thanks for reporting :-) +Rep

Edit: This issue is also relevant for Dacian factions and Parni and is caused by the combination of script restriction and unit upgrade. We will solve it by using specific non-recruitable Roman Garrison units for Rome in next update.

Typo; Aedui Faction Description says: "During the II BC During the II BC

Senator

Default Re: CAC 0.7 Feedback and Discussion thread

three bugs ive noticed in first 20 minutes of play as SPQR :

1 - rebellions : when a rebellion occurs only a general will spawn who will attack your settlement the very next turn by himself

2 - garrisons : settlements start with advanced troop types in their garrisons

3 - tech tree - it no longer shows what building a specific tech unlocks

Typo; Aedui Faction Description says: "During the II BC During the II BC
    I got it, thanks :-) +Rep

Default Re: CAC 0.7 Feedback and Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by lesterthenerd View Post
    three bugs ive noticed in first 20 minutes of play as SPQR :

1 - rebellions : when a rebellion occurs only a general will spawn who will attack your settlement the very next turn by himself

2 - garrisons : settlements start with advanced troop types in their garrisons

3 - tech tree - it no longer shows what building a specific tech unlocks
    Thanks for the report :-) Remember to post in this thread next time ;-)

Unit Error/Clipping Issue

Version 7.0.1

Playing as Hayq, in Battles against Caucasian Armies, about a tenth of the Unit "Caucasian Cavalry" have Invisible Horses. Screenshot attached: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=325828368
    Last edited by skysyk; October 12, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Typo:

Manual says "The following units are available to the Hayq from 96 B.C. onwards once Hayq controls Arsamosata, Armavir, Tushpa, Tyros, Palmyra, Antiochia, Edessa, Tarsus, Atropatene and Samosata"

Well there is not Region/City/Province named Atropatene on the Campaign Map. Do you mean to Gazaca ?

Unit Error/Clipping Issue

Version 7.0.1

Playing as Hayq, in Battles against Caucasian Armies, about a tenth of the Unit "Caucasian Cavalry" have Invisible Horses. Screenshot attached: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=325828368
    I can't replicate the issue, since all horses are there. I think it is a Graphics resource problem and not a CAC problem.

Typo:

Manual says "The following units are available to the Hayq from 96 B.C. onwards once Hayq controls Arsamosata, Armavir, Tushpa, Tyros, Palmyra, Antiochia, Edessa, Tarsus, Atropatene and Samosata"

Well there is not Region/City/Province named Atropatene on the Campaign Map. Do you mean to Gazaca ?
    Yes it is. Manual will be updated. Thanks for reporting

I've played with quite a few factions already and here are the bugs i've encountered so far:
    1. You cannot add tradition to fleets (Playing Massalia).
    2. Few ctds when starting a battle. Loading save before the battle doesn't help, it will always ctd. Only auto-resolve or retreat will get through this. I've had this with Aksum while attacking Kash city and with Massalia while defending Ambrones at their border. Unfortunately I've overwritten those saves where it happened. If this happens yet again I'll attach a save here.
    3. Venetkens do not have any buildings at their starting region, so they cannot recruit any units at the beginning and it also makes it possible to build a town with any resource you'd like.
    4. I've attached a save with Qart-Hadasht. It ctds at Pontus turn.

Attached Files Attached Files

Forgot one bug . While playing Basileion odryson, noticed that their Thracian levies unit is invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by JMack1800 View Post
    I've played with quite a few factions already and here are the bugs i've encountered so far:
    1. You cannot add tradition to fleets (Playing Massalia).
    2. Few ctds when starting a battle. Loading save before the battle doesn't help, it will always ctd. Only auto-resolve or retreat will get through this. I've had this with Aksum while attacking Kash city and with Massalia while defending Ambrones at their border. Unfortunately I've overwritten those saves where it happened. If this happens yet again I'll attach a save here.
    3. Venetkens do not have any buildings at their starting region, so they cannot recruit any units at the beginning and it also makes it possible to build a town with any resource you'd like.
    4. I've attached a save with Qart-Hadasht. It ctds at Pontus turn.

Quote Originally Posted by JMack1800 View Post
    Forgot one bug . While playing Basileion odryson, noticed that their Thracian levies unit is invisible.
    Thanks for the reports+Rep

1. I will take a look at it
    2. Strange, please upload a savegame next time. Most battle CTD's are caused by army composition (units assigned)
    3. This is a side-effect of the TWeak build of the startpos. It is not possible to edit manually afterwards. This concerns other factions as well and is listed in the change log.
    4. This might be difficult to find the root cause. Workaround is to go back a few turns and see if the issue persist
    5. I can reproduce that one and it will be fixed in 7.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast