Default GSTW Faction - Ocean Blins

Ocean Blins

Main Color: Beige
    Religion: Lesser Deity Worship
    Culture: Barbaric
    Rival Factions: New Hyrule, Rito Clans
    Cordial Factions: Empire of Bellum, Lost Gorons

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Ocean Blins have powerful short ranged ships with ramming capability.
    - Very powerful but innacurate explosive ranged weaponry, however there is a chance weapons can backfire.
    - Ocean Blins are lacking in speed, both on land and at sea.

Roaming the Great Seas ever since the defeat of Demise at the hands of Hylia and the Ancient Hylians, the Ocean Blins have a long history of piracy and raiding. For most of their existence they have been nomadic, never settling on islands and raising their families on ships at sea. Their pirate nature has made them enemies with virtually any civilized inhabitant of the many Isles that dot the Great Sea. Recently the Ocean Blins have mysteriously broken their tradition and began conquering islands, setting up makeshift bases and cities. Lead by the powerful warlord Malladus, he has also recently joined forces with the Moblins of Hyrule and has begun conquest of the Great Sea.

Ocean Blin Unit Roster

Land Units
    Miniblin Swarm
    Bokoblin Watch
    Kargarok Flock
    Moblin Grunts
    Ocean Blin Warriors
    Sheild Blins
    Bigblins
    Blinagician
    Cannoneers
    Doom Knights of Ganon

Siege Weaponry
    Flaming Ballistas
    Mortar Battery

Navy
    Skimmer
    Sidewinder
    Ramming Schoomer
    Battle Brig
    Ballista Frigate
    Command Frigate

Command Units
    Moblin Captain
    Moblin General
    Ocean Blin Captain
    Ocean Blin Admiral

Heroes/Bosses:
    Emperor Malladus
    Chancellor Cole
    Vaylanon
    Byrne

(The Ocean Blins share three units with the Moblins of Hyrule: Total War: the Miniblin Swarm, Moblin Grunts, and Bigblins. For information on them see their original entries)

Bokoblin Watch

Other then more vibrant skin colors, the Bokoblins of the Great Sea are not all too different from their land dwelling counterparts in Hyrule. Swarms of these low level soldiers are often deployed at the frontlines of battle, while smaller Moblin ships are manner by them.

Kargarok Flock

The vicious Kargaroks of the Great Sea are difficult to domesticate, the Ocean Blins managed to do so after centuries of practice and skill. Ridden by a Miniblin, Kargorok Flocks act as fast light cavalry and give the Ocean Blin armies much needed speed in battle. Kargarok Flocks are also capable of participating in naval battles.

Ocean Blin Warriors

These fierce brawlers have lived virtually all of their lives on the sea. While usually found manning most of the Ocean Blin Navy, they have recently been deployed as medium assault soldiers to secure islands for Malladus.

Shield Blins

Ocean Blins armed with a durable tower shield, the Shield Blins slowly trudge at the front lines of formations, soaking up arrow fire as their forces advance. While very resistant to ranged attacks, their giant shields make them rather slow in melee combat.

Blinagician

Considered magical wizards by their lesser brethren, the Blinagicians wield dangerously chaotic explosive rockets that they launch into battle. While devastating, the rockets are somewhat inaccurate and have the potential to explode in the caster's face.

Cannoneer

With a large and durable wooden barrel, the Cannoneers bring a shotgun of explosive firepower to battle. While lacking in range, the spread of damage from these weapons can bring down a wall of soldiers advancing on their positions.

Doom Knights of Ganon

These heavily armored Moblins and Ocean Blins serve under the daughter of Ganon, swinging their powerful hammers in battle. They know no fear and can easily crush lightly armored enemies with ease. Though imposing, they are slow and vulnerable to massive ranged attacks.

Skimmer

Manned by a small crew of Bokoblin pirates, Skimmers are cheap cannon fodder used as scouts and swarming ships during naval engagements. They are easily plowed aside and are poor at ramming, however they can pelt aquatic enemy infantry with the crew's bow and arrows.

Sidewinder

These small Ocean Blin ships are build with two large blades on their broadsides, making them exceptionally deadly at melee range of enemy ships. Their crews can fire arrows at enemy ships.

Ramming Schooner

Decked out with a giant maw of blades at the bow, the Ramming Schooner plows into enemy ships head on as its name implies. The ship is almost exclusively melee, it can be taken down with ease by ranged firepower.

Battle Brig

The Battle Brigs serve as the iconic ship of the Ocean Blin Fleet. Armed with powerful blades and a well armed crew of flaming archers, the Battle Brig is capable of taking on enemy vessels in melee while lighting them on fire from a distance.

Ballista Frigate

These large and slow vessels serve as the Ocean Blin's long range sea artillery. Usually used to bombard land cities, well placed shots from the Frigate can take down enemy ships with ease. The craft's slow speed makes it rather unremarkable in a melee.

Command Frigate

These hulking ships serve as bases of operation of Ocean Blin navies. Armed with giant ballista cannons, the ship is designed to stay behind formations and direct battles. The ship is rather durable, though it can be torn apart in a melee.

Emperor Malladus

Malladus was an obscure and often laughed at warlord in the Ocean Blin fleet for most of his life. Recently he has suddenly and mysteriously taken control and united the various Blin fleets under his command, assuming the title of Emperor and launching land campaigns against the Islands of the Great Sea.

Vaylanon

The self proclaimed daughter of Ganon, Vaylanon set out in pursuit of Tetra with her small fleet of Moblin warships. Upon discovering the Ocean Blin she quickly pledged her loyalty and soldiers to Emperor Malladus. She currently trains and leads the Ocean Blins in land battles with her band of Doom Knights.

Chancellor Cole

Cole once served as a powerful noble in Labrynna prior to its fall. After the flood took what was left of his people, Cole financially supported the construction of Tetra's fleet in hopes of finding a greater purpose in the Great Sea. He quickly did, and just as quickly betrayed Tetra to serve Emperopr Malladus. His motives are now unknown, though it can only be assumed he wields powerful information to earn the mercy and alliance of Malladus.

Byrne

The mysterious figure the Blins call Byrne, little is known of this sole Lokomo survivor. It is rumored that he is responsible for Malladus' sudden rise in power and sudden conquest campaign of the Great Sea. What secrets and power he has given to Malladus can only be terrible.

Last edited by UndyingNephalim; October 06, 2014 at 04:47 AM.

Tarakusak's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: GSTW Faction - Ocean Blins

Pirate boars with glorious moustaches? Its like a dream come true! :3 Looking forward to seeing them in action mate.

Damn fine job!

One question though: Cole is clearly not a Moblin, shouldn't it be explained in his bio why he's got horns like his new best buddies?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

I want this. I want Blingicians and Doom Knights.

I've got to say, I like the Blin ship-design better than New Hyrule's. They've got more features of note on them. Can't wait for GS:TW!

That being said, do Blingicians and Cannoneers have brown leg-fur, and blue face fur?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Damn fine job!

One question though: Cole is clearly not a Moblin, shouldn't it be explained in his bio why he's got horns like his new best buddies?
    Would it be safe to assume they're fakes, so that your average Blin can work out which side he's supposed to be on? If so, the frankly questionable size of the horns may be a deliberate symbol of seniority.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Those doom knights look seriously deadly

What's up with the Blue-head, brown legs getup?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    That being said, do Blingicians and Cannoneers have brown leg-fur, and blue face fur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    What's up with the Blue-head, brown legs getup?
    I'm guessing no one made it to the end of Spirit Tracks, I don't blame them:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ohhhh ok! I had to go back and check the HTW models to see if I just never noticed this and just became more confused.
    Thanks for clarifying! The only mobile Zelda games I've played were Seasons and ALBW.

I've never really played WW and it's sequels that take place on the Great Sea. So I don't under stand the hype for it. And I will probably enjoy the Great Sea Era Less then HTW. But that does not mean I don't like were it is heading. For example, The Lore were Great Sea Moblins are smarter then Continent Moblins, is a great idea, and it makes sense, Because you can't be Mindless living on the sea. You have to have some intelligence. And smarter Moblins are praised in the Great Sea for providing stuff that greatly benefits there poeple. But on the mainland, Strength is more important and needed more than intelligence. So it was inevitable that most Continent Moblins are dimmer/dumber then Sea Moblins.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 07, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Well besides The Wind Waker being an incredibly good game and produces a lot of nostalgia for those people who started gaming on the Gamecube, its going to be a very different expansion.

I've been playing HTW since the version where there was the Ganon warning about the game's stability, before the Historia missions were a thing and the freeform campaign was still a mess. I love this game and it is a blast to play, but the rosters are complete and the map hasn't changed in ages. It will be very refreshing to get a new game with new factions made up of mostly unique units on a new map which will focus on island hopping and naval combat. Even if you've never played the Wind Waker line of games, it will be a refreshing experience entirely.

Whereas the entire game is landlocked and only a few maps have water features (mostly Zora maps), this one will probably have a lot of beach landings and fewer mountains which will be a very different game.

@ Drazule.
    I see your point. And that would be refreshing. I too have been a part of HTW since that "Ganon warning about the game's stability". But for me, my first Zelda Game was ALTTP, And it is my favorite of them all,(still haven't played A Link between Worlds, though ), So for me HTW was a Dream come true. And with the mod called Kingdom of The Golden Land. I'm set to go.

OoT was my first so I certainly enjoy HTW for that's like 30% of the inspiration for it. Gerudo Wars is great because of how all the sages are coming into importance now. Still, variety is good and I still look forward to the hope that we'll get that GS:TW demo now that the moblins are revealed.

An impressive navy, befitting the followers of Ganon no doubt. One question though, will the ocean blins be getting submarines, similar to how they had them in the WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Nergali View Post
    An impressive navy, befitting the followers of Ganon no doubt. One question though, will the ocean blins be getting submarines, similar to how they had them in the WW?

That could be used as a Spy agent.

Hmm...How hard would it be to implement 'piracy' beyond simply attacking other naval units for at least some units? Taking over 'captured' enemy ships, maybe putting naval units on marked 'trade routes' to get more income (if they're enemy routes) or counter other factions' pirating groups, for example.
    "You know, for you, I guess that might have been something. Bunch of goblins come out of nowhere trying to give you a welcoming gift of stabby death, Ted crashing a building, me delivering electric death to all of the above.....don't worry, though. You'll get used to it. I mean, look at me; this is just tuesday to me now."

".....But it's monday...."

"Well, yes. Ted crashed the building earlier than he usually does."

-Damien Arn, angry SOB, chatting with the new guy.

From a sprite comic I might never actually publish anywhere.