Thread: RS2.5 CTD when loading battle - yes I've tried all options

Default RS2.5 CTD when loading battle - yes I've tried all options

So I've just installed RS2.5 over a vanilla RTW - BI patched accordingly. And I get a CTD everytime a battle loads from my campaign map. The loader loads almost all the way and then boom! - CTD. I've googled the problem, but to no avail. I've set all my graphic options to the lowest possible, and I still get a CTD. No matter which faction's campaign I play, I still get it. Here is a print-screen of the CTD (maybe it helps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	315114

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: RS2.5 CTD when loading battle - yes I've tried all options

I would venture to guess that...if this is not a Steam version, your install of RS2 has a problem. I've experienced this problem before myself, and it was always due to a broken install of RTW + Mod.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thanks for the reply! Yes, it's not Steam, and yes, I've tried installing it 2 times... shall try further I guess... Do you think having Alexander or the 2.6 version might fix this?

For my part, as there were no details, this could also be one of the 'map bugs' or, rarely, one of the 'odd settlement bugs'; that I occasionally discovered during testing - that were all reported and fixed. It's one of the reasons I also continue to fight every battle.

Update and play v2.6 - it's just better all round. It also has many, many things fixed.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I had a CTD no matter the map... anyhow, I've made it to work - I don't know how, but I my terrain textures were missing. Had the exact same problem with Europa Barbarorum. First, CTD, and when it worked, no terrain. And Roma Surrectum is one hell of a mod, I'm sad now . I think my copy of RTW might me broken... or the patches/ BI. Thanks for the replies!