Thread: Need some small scripts for big shogun 2 mod

Icon5 Need some small scripts for big shogun 2 mod

Need some small scripts for big shogun 2 mod
    Hey guys i'm working hard for a new mod that not only add a lot of units and new buildings, also new mechanics. Currently i'm trying to make resources being consumible, that means that it will no more just have for example and iron mine and that is enought for the hole campaign .. Well the only problem is that I NEED SOMETHING THAT SETS FOR ALL CLANS AT THE START OF THE CAMPAIGN A 0,999 RESOURCE PRODUCTION (all the boshin and gempei ones less machines) to make it work (I know that this sounds weird but i tested deep the system to know it's what i have to do).. So i need that incident (AI and human)

The other one it's to make an incident always triggered when a province is captured (here i preffer only for human)

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Need some small scripts for big shogun 2 mod

resources being consumible, that means that it will no more just have for example and iron mine and that is enought for the hole campaign
    The idea is interesting one but my question is how to set the unit or building using certain xxx amount of resources, it was new system indeed, its seem you want to create a script that every region you captured will give some xxx amounts either iron,wood.I never see script progress in shogun 2 better then med 2, hope somebody will help you Weirestrass
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Well I have a final report arround the resources system, so here are the conclusion:

1) Resources in the vanilla game work between 0 and infinite
    2) Resources are considered active if they are above 0,5 since the game make them go to 1
    3) Looks like that the game can consider a negative production of resources, but if the final result arround all provinces go below -0,5 then the game round them to -1 and the - is taken, I supose, as part of the binary number composing the 1, then it becomes a gigant number and you get almost infinite resource. If x clan trade with y clan with infinite resource, they also get it
    4) Considering 3 you get a gigant trade unkeep or income (depends in a few things). That can be eliminated, i already tested it

So what could be done?
    1)A very well planted system could solve the AI geting infinite resource
    2)A basic set point for all clans that set an initial lvl arround 0,5 .. then it's easy to work since you could do the consumition or production very small and you would never be able to go to the ''danger area''

Problems?
    1)I'm unable to set a set point
    2)I dont know how trade could react. It should work fine anyways

So if there is a way to keep the values between -0,49999 and infinite (but allowing to work near the activation point, 0,5) we are going to be okay
    Last edited by Weierstrass; October 07, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

I failed using tech, faction wide effects, etc, etc .. looks like resources must be attached to a province

About consumition .. it could be done easily, but not for units, only buildings