Thread: The Wild West Of Hyrule.

Default The Wild West Of Hyrule.

What if the Cotenant of Hyrule lasted long enough to become a land like the wild west of America?

Think about it. And enjoy this short story.

Sam* "Momy! Momy! Look what dad got me?"
    Sam* "It's a Darknut Puppy!"
    Sam's Mom* "It's quite cute dear. You take care of it well."
    Sam* "Yes Momy!"

Years past, and Sam became quite a good gunslinger as well as a lady's man. Followed by his faithful friend Fido, His Darknut guard dog.

Sam in bar.
    Sam talking to him self* "You know I normally go for the Gerudo blade dancers. But these new Zora girls know how to catch a man's eye."
    Fido* "hmm."
    Sam* "I should have known you'd only have eyes for the bouncer, She is a Darknut after all. Ha ha."

Twitle* "So what will you have, Sam?"
    Sam* "The usual." "Hay Twitle, Isn't your heritage Sheika?"
    Twitle* "That was ancient history."
    So where does it go from there? What other stories lurk in the new world?
    Only you know. So tell us what you see friend.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 02, 2014 at 09:52 AM.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Wild West Of Hyrule.

there's already a story called the great derest:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4665742...e-Great-Desert

I hope they make a western zelda someday.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

The Hidden Village in TP was clearly based on Westerns, with the shoot-out thing going on, and the style of the buildings.

I think the conditions of the real-world 'Wild West' came about because there was a lot of new land being colonised, so law and order didn't have much of a strong presence. I don't think it could happen in the existing world in Zelda, it would need to be some new land or something

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post
    The Hidden Village in TP was clearly based on Westerns, with the shoot-out thing going on, and the style of the buildings.

I think the conditions of the real-world 'Wild West' came about because there was a lot of new land being colonised, so law and order didn't have much of a strong presence. I don't think it could happen in the existing world in Zelda, it would need to be some new land or something
    There's been one in OoT, MM, TP, not sure about SS. Actually the 'Wild West' was far more lawful than the already colonized east, far fewer(by percentage) of killings, lynchings, mob justice, bank robbing, you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by link99918 View Post
    There's been one in OoT, MM, TP, not sure about SS. Actually the 'Wild West' was far more lawful than the already colonized east, far fewer(by percentage) of killings, lynchings, mob justice, bank robbing, you get the point.
    What, western-style situations? What was the OoT one? I assume you're counting that milk wagon chase bit for MM.

Yeah, it's the 'lawlessness' was massively exaggerated. People weren't killed nearly as often as movies and videogames make out.

By other people at least.

Labrynna has pistols, so I'm sure we'll get there (in the parts of Hyrule that aren't submerged at least...)

I don't think Hyrule really gets flooded. I think it just gets devastated by tidal waves and war that they want to look for new lands for resources and suitable farmland. Afterall, New Hyrule is capable of getting significant reinforcements from Hyrule.

Quote Originally Posted by WindGuru View Post
    Labrynna has pistols, so I'm sure we'll get there (in the parts of Hyrule that aren't submerged at least...)
    You're a Genius! I give you "+rep". The Wild West Of Hyrule. Takes Place the same time the Great Sea Era takes place. It would be about the Remains of the Continent of Hyrule. What happens there for the People that Don't move to New Hyrule. And remain in a shattered and destroyed land. Also there would be a move to the east making it the Wild East Of Hyrule.

So My idea for this is that there would be 2 new Eras plus their maps.
    1) Remanent of a Shattered World Era:
    The Remanent of what Remains of the Continent of Hyrule. What happens to those left behind? Or to the Powers that wish to rebuild?

2) World to the East Era:
    This is about the people that did not move North to the New world, to New Hyrule. Whether they could and refused to, or they had no choice or chance to. But non the least they were determent to live a better life. So they traveled to the East. Fallowing the higher ground and eventually came to the impassable mountain range, that are the east of and the Border of the Fairies and Labrynna. Which is the Grand east Border of the Continent of Hyrule. But because of the new water level, a path to new lands to the east Opens. What awaits there for this new frontier?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    I don't think Hyrule really gets flooded. I think it just gets devastated by tidal waves and war that they want to look for new lands for resources and suitable farmland. Afterall, New Hyrule is capable of getting significant reinforcements from Hyrule.
    I've been Ninja-ed.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 05, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post
    What, western-style situations? What was the OoT one? I assume you're counting that milk wagon chase bit for MM.

Yeah, it's the 'lawlessness' was massively exaggerated. People weren't killed nearly as often as movies and videogames make out.
    Shoot out style games.

so hyrule after majora's flood becomes fallout basically.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

That's the way I've gathered it at least. There's clearly no water when the moon comes to Hyrule, so its not like the place actually gets washed over. Just damaged beyond foreseeable repair.

So it turns out Eldren's first post, plus some old conversations about Labrynna dominating other societies from the 'Future of Hyrule' thread, have been germinating in my head. This came out. There's got to be more HTW factions to play with in a wild west setting, any volunteers to write them intros?

It had been a month since the bandits had rolled into town and made it their new base. Dozens of thugs, bearing all the weapons of modern war. They drank, they fought, they killed the ever fewer citizens for sport, they killed every Homeguard or official who showed up, and they left every night to burn a village to the ground.

The only people left were the ones who had nothing left. Townsmen with no worldly possessions but their homes. One-time farmers whose whole wealth was tied up in plots they wouldn't live long enough to reach, let alone tend. Refugees who would never survive the travel even if they had the guts left to try it. From their headquarters in what was left of the old Milk Bar the bandits sat on their growing piles of rupees and laughed at the dying around them. Sometimes they took lovers, of there was a woman they could find. They were led into the bar by a cheering crowd and were never seen again.

So that's when they came. The Hunters, the mercenaries.

There were twenty of them at most. They skittered up the western road, their movements furtive and yet bold. Bandoliers hung from their narrow shoulders, revolvers hung from cut-away holsters on their slim hips or tied to their tails. They wore long tunics of studded leather, thick enough to tangle knives, under long cloaks. Some, with hides tanned grey-brown, carried carbines with long bayonets. Their leader had a tuft of long Cuckoo feathers tied to her head and carried a sturdy hammer with a long handle, while her other foreclaw hovered near a very expensive revolver with a long barrel.

The bandits were monsters, so the authorities had called on bigger monsters to be rid of them. The Lizalfos bounty hunters, the Lynna Gagaras, walked into the town just before noon. They ran into the doorways and alleyways before the bandits had fully roused to repel them. Then they fought, they ate, and were ready to leave by dusk. To the citizens they never spoke a word, except an order from their leader to expect the new Homeguards soon. Then they left to collect their bounty.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Nice short story VictorAYorke.

Any one ells have a thought to wright down?