Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.1]

Am I able to maybe change something in the game files so the reforms happen? Grateful for any help.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by eliasandersson View Post
    Am I able to maybe change something in the game files so the reforms happen? Grateful for any help.
    it is still working, I don't see any reason why reforms should not happen. If you happen to have the save file I can take a glance at it.

Sorry for the late reply.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

@Jazz, the reform trigger was set to max imperium instead of level 7. Updated the mod with the correct trigger conditions.

@Litharion. No problem at all, and thanks for the help!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Does this work with 1.2?

I doubt it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

Just wondering, why hasn't this been integrated into the main mod? It's historically accurate, and I don't know how it would mess up the game.

I think it was just decided it was nice to have one campaign in each of the reform levels - GC for Camillan, HatG for Polybian, CiG for Marian, and IA for Imperial - just so players could see units from all the reform levels without playing a long GC.

Thats correct.

Will there be a update for the new 1.2 version?

I would have to look into exactly how Litharion did these changes, maybe once we get 1.2 closer to release I will have some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I would have to look into exactly how Litharion did these changes, maybe once we get 1.2 closer to release I will have some time.
    Thanks

Libertus

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 0.96d]

Hi, I'm working on using PFM to hack together a cheap and easy compatibility pack for Marian era units in the current DeI 1.2 and while I have it almost mostly working I can't for the life of me find where to edit the starting units. I'm looking to play as emp_octavian and while the recruitment and reform is right so far, the starting armys are composed of Imperial units. Its not the end of the world but I was hoping some one could point me in the right direction. Basically, in my pack I just deleted the startpos entry and so far so good (black magic!) lol Any help is much appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (53).png  
    Last edited by mrhappyx666x; March 12, 2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Pic

You have to edit the startpos.esf file under the main_emperor campaigns entry. Find the FACTION ARRAY entry and change the starting units there

Libertus

Awesome, think I have it but just want to double check to make sure there isn't another spot I need to change (attached screenshot) but I'm confident I found it. Digging through the sheer volume of entries in these .pack files gives a brain melting appreciation of just how much work you guy's have done. Thank you again as always and from a guy who once downloaded a Calvary overhaul mod called DeI and never looked back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (54).png  

Yep thats the entries in the startpos - every faction will have their starting units there.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Is this still compatible with the latest version of DeI?

I'm trying to use this with the current version of DeI, (not the 1.2 beta) and the caesers legions mod, however when enabling the legions mod it breaks this mod, so instead of seeing marian units and being able to recruit marian legions from the mod I see imperial units and can recruit imperial legions from the mod. Are these 2 mods not compatible or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the mod manager and have this mod loaded above caeser's legions mod. Any ideas?

Could someone please update this submod?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast