Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Official Submod] Marian Reforms for Augustus Campaign [DeI 1.2]

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    any chance of this being updated? I'm not sure it's working properly. Currently my legionaries are called Marian legionaries but still look like Imperial ones

nm it was working, they're just different looking Marian legionaries
    Eh,

Is it compatible with the new beta version of the mod??

Hrm...probably sort of...

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Unless the main reform script is also changed, it would merely require the addition of the new troops to the reform script I'd think.

Well, parts are changed for Carthage's changes but if you are just using this for the IA campaign it could be okay. But don't use this when playing the grand campaign

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Did anyone test it? Is it ok? Playing the Roman Civil War with imperial legionaries just doesn't seem right to me

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Couldn't get the 2 downloads on the previous page to work.

Dardo, can you bless us again?

Try https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...E4zTFZhRTRTQVU it's also compatible with UMCenturions mod normally. I only edited two scripts, the original work belongs to Litharion.

Thanks, Dardo.

Unfortunately, I cannot get this to work after multiple attempts.

Sorry I've been quite busy, when you say that you can't get it to work, do you mean the game won't launch or that the changes don't take effect?

Hey man,It doesn't take effect. An odd thing is that after I put the mod in the data folder and launch game, I'll come back after exiting the game to look in the data folder and the mod will no longer be there.

Oh, can you try downloading the file again and changing the name? It probably matches the file on the Steam Workshop so the launcher will delete it when you let it check your files.

Ok, thanks. I'll give this a try when I can and report back.

Edit: That did the trick! Thanks, Dardo
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 28, 2018 at 06:20 PM.

glad it worked out.

boblikesoup's Avatar Civis

I think this should be in the Official DEI Submods list on Steam

Hi! Trying to use this mod I've run into two issues that I am hoping someone might help me resolve:

1) Certain AoR-units become disabled with this mod. Perhaps this is intentional and they become available once you hit the reforms? (Noticed it in Lepidus-controlled Iberia upon startup for example.)

2) Certain Roman units are still available in the barracks, such as the armoured legionnaires. Any pointers on how I can disable them? (And disable units in general. I would like to be able to disable the Germanic veteran legionnaires from everyone except Octavian, for example).

Cheers!
    Suum cuique

Right, so after some experimentation on my own I've now been able to get the mod to work. But it still frustrates me that the AI-controlled Triumvirs are able to, and do, recruit armies solely consisting of armoured legionnaires (the imperial ones). Defeats the purpose of using the marian legionnaires in the first place. Any help? Anyone?
    Suum cuique

How did you disable the imperial units before the reform? I have that bug as well

I haven't. I managed to get the mod to work, and not disable any auxilliaries. But some Imperial Legionnaires are still recruitable, and the AI recruits them. As mentioned, the biggest transgressor is having my Marian legionnaires fight against armoured legionnaires..
    Suum cuique

Yeah...I can't seem to figure this Imperial-era unit bug. Might just have to wait for the beta to end, which is quite understandable

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast