Thread: Anyone has beaten a Civil War in Grand Campaign since EE release?

Primicerius

Default Anyone has beaten a Civil War in Grand Campaign since EE release?

Just wondering if anyone has beaten a Civil War in a Grand Campaign (not Augustus campaign) since the release of EE.

There are conflicting reports. Some folks say, the government choice (Empire or Republic) is still there; some they, they do not get it; which would be highly disappointing.

So, any Civil War completion reports?

Default Re: Anyone has beaten a Civil War in Grand Campaign since EE release?

Yeah beat it as Rome. Choice is still there.

Primicerius

Thanks for the response. I guess, for some folks CW end is bugged. Or maybe today's hot-patch changed something more than what the patch notes say.

Crappy's Avatar Civis

I wonder what happens if you have 2 civil wars. Lets say you pick republic the first time. Can you pick empire the second time, or do you only get to make the choice once? If you pick empire the first time, can you switch it to a republic later on again after another civil war?

Yes, mostly because I paid attention to who was in charge of my armies and made sure only 2 of them were commanded by people outside the family. I then pulled everyone into the centre of ym empire and when they rebelled crushed them in one turn then sent my armies off immediately to retake all the random rebelling cities.
    Last night, the complaints of the fans kept me awake and I had a terrible vision. I saw, the end of our franchise, countless bugs and bad reviews! Total War, GONE. Why would CA release such an unfinished game? They put effort into their work. They have released successful Total War titles aplenty! Their products are shipped to all corners of the world...and yet now I fear, I cannot help it. Total War is the envy of lesser gamers but CA, tell terrible lies to their fanbase, Rome II was bugged and unfinished SO THEY LIE. But Sega, they are the masters of falsehood. DLC will come, I am sure of it, so I will buy no more Total War games, and I think the forums, will be empty tonight.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Does an empire even have a civil war? I thought if you win the civil war and choose to be the emperor, the politics system disappears and takes the civil war along with it.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Does an empire even have a civil war? I thought if you win the civil war and choose to be the emperor, the politics system disappears and takes the civil war along with it.
    I believe if you become an Empire then the civil wars follow the monarchy rules, so you could still have one if your influence is too great.

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    I believe if you become an Empire then the civil wars follow the monarchy rules, so you could still have one if your influence is too great.
    Yeah this seems a little bugged at the moment. Just after finishing the CW as Rome, I had about 25% influence - i.e. ok influence for a Republic. I changed to an Empire and 3 turns later had a Civil War because for a monarchy now my influence was so low! I tried my best to get up the influence in those turns but only had it up to 35% when the second CW kicked off. I couldn't be bothered to fight it so I reloaded to the turn before, vassallized the Iceni and won the game that turn instead.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    That was the system before the EE edition. Now, we can have several civil wars in a campaign even after becoming an empire. Politics do not disappear after a civil war since EE.

Quote Originally Posted by tat501 View Post
    Yeah this seems a little bugged at the moment. Just after finishing the CW as Rome, I had about 25% influence - i.e. ok influence for a Republic. I changed to an Empire and 3 turns later had a Civil War because for a monarchy now my influence was so low! I tried my best to get up the influence in those turns but only had it up to 35% when the second CW kicked off. I couldn't be bothered to fight it so I reloaded to the turn before, vassallized the Iceni and won the game that turn instead.
    There was a hot-patch yesterday which was supposed to remove civil wars breaking out at low influence. Now civil wars should break out only if your influence is too high: for a republic >49%; for a monarchy >69%. Those are the thresholds above which civil war risk starts to accumulate.
    Last edited by Slaists; October 02, 2014 at 08:54 AM.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I had a Civil War randomly break out when the Civil War meter was entirely empty. I read around that this appears to be a defect. Albeit there's an extremely low likelihood even when the meter is empty, it really shouldn't occur at all.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI View Post
    I had a Civil War randomly break out when the Civil War meter was entirely empty. I read around that this appears to be a defect. Albeit there's an extremely low likelihood even when the meter is empty, it really shouldn't occur at all.
    Yesterday there was a hotpatch that addressed this issue. CW's should not happen at low influence anymore.