Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

I think it might be Meneros, not sure though. But you should check it up if you want to use them 'cause I've noticed the same thing myself, haha. They fit right in on most armours and are a nice little addition. I use it on most of my private stuff. Also found a cingulum in the DeI files and threw it on the new hamatas, so now it looks a bit better next to later units.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Maximus183; October 01, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic * V.1.0 * (Updated: 1/10/2014) * LIVE *

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Toon. Don't forget to pass me the scabbard or tell me where in your mod to extract it
    yeah there in my mod under "skins" (man/skin/arminius_lion.rigid_model_v2 and arminius_lionxx.rigid_model_v2) basically one with sword in sheath and other without so ideal for officers.

You will also see the corresponding textures for the scabbards once you open this rigid file, cheers

Igo's Avatar Libertus

Love your work mate.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans: Early Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Yep it covered everything except what I consider fantasy units (Gladiators, Wardogs etc.) I may extract the Imperial stuff
    from the old 4.0 and make it a separate pack so it will be compatible with the other 2 eras (after I'm done with the Late Republic),
    but it will not contain anything new (if I can resist refining and adding new things to it).

I'm a fan of what ITLeonard is doing with his Imperial soldiers. As I said before it will be the best, IF he can get high quality textures
    on his 3D models. Again I hope he finds a good texture artist or improves his technique
    Good to hear.

I actually prefer your Romans to Leonard's Romans. If my Roman legionaries are not wearing braccae then it bugs me. Separate era skin packs would be great.

PS: I did try out your new Early Republican skins with the 4.5 mod already enabled and, like expected, crashed at the splash screen.

I find your Marian Romans to already be top notch. Your new hamata design would make them look even better.

I plan on giving your Polybian skins a whirl in the Hannibal At The Gates DLC when I am done with my Macedon campaign.

Great work as always!
    Last edited by VaeVictis; October 01, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: forgot part about trying both mods

Oh my god my eyes, it can't stand such shining mod. How did you do this?

Hey Octavian. I just wanted to let you know that the Centuriones and Decuriones are not properly being shown. They use your reskinned shield but the helmets are not those that are supposed to be there..any ideas?
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Should all early Republic units use spear instead? Excellence icon any way.

awesome work man, as always, I still remember the times without DEI..i use Kazielīs mod on every update! =) I really love the unit card style!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I think it might be Meneros, not sure though. But you should check it up if you want to use them 'cause I've noticed the same thing myself, haha. They fit right in on most armours and are a nice little addition. I use it on most of my private stuff. Also found a cingulum in the DeI files and threw it on the new hamatas, so now it looks a bit better next to later units.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yep I already tried the cingulum on the hamata, sags too low. If I had 3Ds Max I could fix that but oh well. No big deal though because the Late Republic Soldiers
    don't necessarily have to wear one. I've seen plenty of material showing Caesar's legionaries for example not wearing it, and as I'm basing the second era on them,
    it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    yeah there in my mod under "skins" (man/skin/arminius_lion.rigid_model_v2 and arminius_lionxx.rigid_model_v2) basically one with sword in sheath and other without so ideal for officers.

You will also see the corresponding textures for the scabbards once you open this rigid file, cheers
    Thanks Toon, I'll have a look when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    Love your work mate.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
    Good to hear.

I actually prefer your Romans to Leonard's Romans. If my Roman legionaries are not wearing braccae then it bugs me. Separate era skin packs would be great.

PS: I did try out your new Early Republican skins with the 4.5 mod already enabled and, like expected, crashed at the splash screen.

I find your Marian Romans to already be top notch. Your new hamata design would make them look even better.

I plan on giving your Polybian skins a whirl in the Hannibal At The Gates DLC when I am done with my Macedon campaign.

Great work as always!
    I will not have the Legionaries wear braccae in the upcoming Late Republic pack. It seems that the Romans only started wearing them during the Imperial times.
    Auxiliaries though will wear them and full trousers. Also I am dropping that "Augustan" shield as I never liked the 3D mesh, shame though as I put a lot of work into
    those. I will instead use the early Scuta as I'm basing the Late Republic troops on Caesar's Legions and in 90% of the pictures/figurines/drawings I see they use that
    shield. The emblems will be different though, more simplified (you'll see when I start on them). The new Hamata will definitely be worn and also the new Squamata.

Thanks for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by diego007 View Post
    Oh my god my eyes, it can't stand such shining mod. How did you do this?
    Are the helmets too shiny? I'm in the process of fixing that haha. If you mean what I think you mean, well thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by The Chocolate Jesus View Post
    Hey Octavian. I just wanted to let you know that the Centuriones and Decuriones are not properly being shown. They use your reskinned shield but the helmets are not those that are supposed to be there..any ideas?
    No idea tbh. Could you post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by vinxente View Post
    Should all early Republic units use spear instead? Excellence icon any way.
    Not sure what you mean. Thanks for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    awesome work man, as always, I still remember the times without DEI..i use Kazielīs mod on every update! =) I really love the unit card style!
    Thanks Marcus

Ok guys here's a small preview of what I'm working on. I have just started with the Late Republic pack and one thing I noticed is
    that the Montefortino helmets were lacking a little. Also when I was researching, I could not find any mention of Roman Montefortino
    helmets made of Iron, not even the early Coolus. So for the Legionaries they will be using one brass and one bronze Montefortino, and
    the Coolus, I'm not sure if I will do it in Iron, I mean it's plausible right? All evidence says that the early Coolus were made of Brass.

Anyway I'm rambling now. So I've completed the Brass Montefortino and the Bronze one is 95% complete. Here's a preview, 6 different
    shots of the Bronze Montefortino in different weathers and the Brass on the right hand side:

These new helmets will also be replacing the two Montefortino (Iron and Bronze'ish) that the soldiers wear in the Early Republic pack.

Last edited by Kaziel; October 03, 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Missed a quote.

I can just cover my eyes/the monitor and can still know your work is astounding. When I open my eyes, I see that it is true, your work is astounding, as always, and I'm running out of praises for you.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

For those of you wanting a more Polybian/Jupiter-curse-those-punic-bastards feel to your generals when playing with this mod, check this out: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pack-REQUIRED)

Amazing work Octavian. Myself like many other people cant play Romans without your mod.
    I cant wait for release of your Marian pack.

I have detected a small oversight with vigiles.
    You have them listed in kaz_land_units and in kaz_unit_variants but there is no unit icon for them in the pack.
    This resulted in unit icon in game reverting to the default "swordsman on a ship" icon.
    Vigiles were in vanilla used as an upgrade to rorarii at cohort organization so i suppose you have planned to release them in Marian pack.
    I deleted both entries and now icon looks normal.

Anyway i just wanted to let you know

I can just cover my eyes/the monitor and can still know your work is astounding. When I open my eyes, I see that it is true, your work is astounding, as always, and I'm running out of praises for you.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius.Dejan View Post
    Amazing work Octavian. Myself like many other people cant play Romans without your mod.
    I cant wait for release of your Marian pack.

I have detected a small oversight with vigiles.
    You have them listed in kaz_land_units and in kaz_unit_variants but there is no unit icon for them in the pack.
    This resulted in unit icon in game reverting to the default "swordsman on a ship" icon.
    Vigiles were in vanilla used as an upgrade to rorarii at cohort organization so i suppose you have planned to release them in Marian pack.
    I deleted both entries and now icon looks normal.

Anyway i just wanted to let you know
    Nice catch, thanks! Yep that was a mistake, I forgot to delete the Vigiles and yes you're right, they are coming soon in the Late Rep Pack.
    Thanks for the compliment

You are welcome

Hi,

I am amazed by your work...really, since your first reskin of the roman units I haven't found any other mod with such a high quality. Thanks.

I do have a couple of questions though.

Do you have an ETA to your late republic era pack? Only roughly monthwise.

And do you plan on giving the generals on horseback a sword instead of a lance / spear ? Or even better, give me a hint where to edit this myself, because I haven't found it so far.
    I saw it on some other cavalry unit commander and also in another mod that the generals all had a gladius instead of the budyguards spear.

I found away to use this early era with the v4.5 roman mod. Using the downloadable mod manager and bringing this mod on higher priority should get you into the game (no CTD), with the best roman reskin you can possibly find (up to the moment of this post)

I found away to use this early era with the v4.5 roman mod. Using the downloadable mod manager and bringing this mod on higher priority should get you into the game (no CTD), with the best roman reskin you can possibly find (up to the moment of this post)
    Yeah this should work as long as there are no DB table issues.

yeah, those are sexy! Glad to see the boss back in buiness!

You should team up with Leonard, I guess you know he is making new 3D models, how about that?

Can't wait for the late republican legionaries

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

EDIT. Ok problem solved..

Now i have another question, how do i add the cingulum seperatly without having to modify the armours variantmesh but the soldiers one?
    Thank you in andvance
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; October 06, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus81 View Post
    Hi,

I am amazed by your work...really, since your first reskin of the roman units I haven't found any other mod with such a high quality. Thanks.

I do have a couple of questions though.

Do you have an ETA to your late republic era pack? Only roughly monthwise.

And do you plan on giving the generals on horseback a sword instead of a lance / spear ? Or even better, give me a hint where to edit this myself, because I haven't found it so far.
    I saw it on some other cavalry unit commander and also in another mod that the generals all had a gladius instead of the budyguards spear.
    Late Republic Pack should be done by the end of the month at the latest, hopefully earlier. It really depends if I want to keep it simple.
    Sword wielding Generals on horseback aren't planned sorry. I have some idea on how to do it, but haven't done/tested it so can't give you
    a proper tutorial. Thanks for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    yeah, those are sexy! Glad to see the boss back in buiness!

You should team up with Leonard, I guess you know he is making new 3D models, how about that?

Can't wait for the late republican legionaries
    Yep Leo's doing some good work, I've already spoken to him. I have no time to texture for others unfortunately and have already wished him
    good luck in finding a good texture artist. I'm working on the Late Rep Legions, and man, I love them so far and I haven't even done the shields
    yet. Previews will be coming soon and thanks for the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    EDIT. Ok problem solved..

Now i have another question, how do i add the cingulum seperatly without having to modify the armours variantmesh but the soldiers one?
    Thank you in andvance
    The way I usually do this kind of thing without a modelling software, is to just clear everything in the diffuse alpha channel except for what I want to appear
    (in this case segmentata diffuse file and only show the cingulum parts) and assign the mesh to the soldier. This way only the cingulum is shown equipped.
    This is an inefficient way to do it though and you are wasting processing power because the game is still loading hidden assets. Overdoing this will cause your
    game to lag